OMG did anyone see this happening???

Rainger

Reaction score
Come on NO one I mean NO one could have foresaw that the Kraken would be 1 game away from advancing in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. I hope I don't jinx them BUT they only need to win 1 of the last 2 games. GO THE KRAKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I have bets on them winning the Stanley cup. Made in the preseason.
Still a pipe dream, but as long as they keep winning, who knows.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
If you watched them for any stretch during the regular season this year, this absolutely was expected. They are an elite scoring team who is always a threat to put the puck in the net.

Goaltending has been streaky but things are looking up for this team.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
The Superbowl, NBA Championship and the World Series have their moments, but the Stanley Cup Finals are exhilarating. Every game is 60 minutes of exciting action and anticipation.

Redhawk454

Reaction score
7 game series are somewhat aggravating because they can take two months to finish

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
I could..
LOL you believed BEFORE the season or the playoffs started that the Kraken could beat the defending Stanley cup Champs and advance in the playoffs! I have watched every single game the last 2 seasons and never could have foreseen this.

If you were able to see this you must be making one heck of a lot of money from Vegas.
If you watched them for any stretch during the regular season this year, this absolutely was expected. They are an elite scoring team who is always a threat to put the puck in the net.

I watched every game! But after following hockey since 1960 (my Grandfather is in the Hockey hall of fame) 2 year teams don't usually fair well against the Stanley Cup champs regardless of their season play. Vegas is a huge exception to playoff hockey'

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score

I watched every game! But after following hockey since 1960 (my Grandfather is in the Hockey hall of fame) 2 year teams don't usually fair well against the Stanley Cup champs regardless of their season play. Vegas is a huge exception to playoff hockey'

Redhawk454

Reaction score
^because they beat us 3-2 in October, back when we were healthy. Minus Landaskog

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I grew up a Blackhawks fan in the mid-60s with Bobby Hull, Stan Makita, Kenny Wharram and Glenn Hall.

I love hockey

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
Hopefully the Seattle Totems gods are looking down on the Kraken.

In 1970 the Totems were the top draw in the WHL. BUT behind the scenes the NHL who didn't want more USA teams made a deal with the Vancouver Canucks to ensure they got into the expansion and not the Totems.

Then for over 50 years the NHL gave a team to every little small market team to ensure that Seattle couldn't interfere with the Canuck fan base.

Finally Seattle 53 years later have a team and it is fitting that in those 53 years the Canucks NEVER won a Stanley Cup. Karma BABY!!!

Threedee

Reaction score
Hopefully the Seattle Totems gods are looking down on the Kraken.

In 1970 the Totems were the top draw in the WHL. BUT behind the scenes the NHL who didn't want more USA teams made a deal with the Vancouver Canucks to ensure they got into the expansion and not the Totems.

Then for over 50 years the NHL gave a team to every little small market team to ensure that Seattle couldn't interfere with the Canuck fan base.

Finally Seattle 53 years later have a team and it is fitting that in those 53 years the Canucks NEVER won a Stanley Cup. Karma BABY!!!
I do enjoy the rioting, though.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
I watched the Totems all through the 60s, I lived In Victoria BC from 1970 on and had to put up with the terrible Canuck fans, many who were friends of mine, for 50 years. This is soooooo sweet. ON to the Stanley Cup PLEASE!!!!!!!

My Grandfather was AL Leader he is in the NHL hockey Hall of Fame. He was the President of the WHL when they were a pro League. As a child I was at all the Totem games. We lived in Seattle next to the Rainer Golf and country club.

I hope he is looking down from the heavens and casting his spirt over the Kraken. Take us to the Stanley Cup Gramps!!!!

Last edited:

Ruminator

Reaction score
We can be particularly proud of the Kraken's success knowing the organization didn't get a bunch of the best players in the league handed to them via sweet-deal expansion rules (yes, like the VGK).

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
If anyone HONESTLY had to tell the truth, I highly doubt anyone really thought we would advance. Let alone what just happened to Boston, wow.