OL Coach Scott Huff (UW)

GeekHawk

Reaction score
I don't know if it's still happening, but both Boeing and Lamborghini were big-time contributors to the UW Aeronautical Engineering school when I was undergradding in 09-11. And using their wind tunnels and grad students to best results... I know this because EE and AE share several controls classes because the math is the same. One of my in-program classes for my BSEE was actually an AE controls class.

bigcc

Reaction score
UW does (well, did) have a booster like Phil Knight. Only, Paul Allen's money went for a new Electrical and Computer Engineering building and not 85 different gaudy uniforms for the football team, along with palatial football team facilities. Priorities, I guess. I will say, the actual facilities on the Computer Engineering side are way better than on the Electrical Engineering side!
Boosters, referred to by the NCAA as “representatives of the institution’s athletic interests,”
https://www.ncaa.org/sports/2013/11/27/role-of-boosters.aspx

If we're talking about university donations uw blows Oregon out of the water clearly, but I was obviously referring to sports, but if the chart provided earlier is correct I was wrong about my original point so.... /shrug lol

bileever

Reaction score
Whatever he thinks at night , it will be on a bed made of money.

Winners accept challenges and don’t fear failure. No way he doesn’t take the most coveted job in all of football.
I agree with what you're saying. Coaches want to be at the best schools with the best chance of winning a championship. And making a lot of money doesn't hurt, either.

However, it does look like the landscape of college football is changing. Nick Saban clearly didn't like the changes that were coming to Alabama.

With the UW going to the big 10, it doesn't seem like they were going to be left in the wilderness. DeBoer could have recruited pretty well at the UW. After all, he did make it to the college championship game in only his second year. He did pretty well with the transfer portal, too.

Yes, he's going to make a couple more million this year, but after the UW gets that Big 10 TV money, they would have been able to come close to what Alabama was paying. I also think that if he stays at the UW, he would have had a better chance of keeping his assistants. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

chris98251

Reaction score
I see college football imploding on itself, the pie used to have many pieces split by the program's ability and quality of staffs and education facilities. Now it is all about TV revenue, when that falls for whatever reason schools are going to be flailing to support programs of secondary sports and then the programs themselves, you can only pay Coaches and AD's so much, also if they have to pay the athletes then what?

In the meantime, all the schools not considered good enough to join the mega conferences are going to slowly degrade over time.

seahawks08

Reaction score
If the college system fails, that would impact the quality of NFL as well. We would neither get quality players nor coaches. They need to fix the concept of NIL. Poorly thought out but rightly directed to reward players. The challenge is if there is no interest to view, TV money will dry up too.

morgulon1

Reaction score
If they leave because they have been promoted, logically that means they did a really good job for the Seahawks, which must mean then that the Seahawks also did well. I hope that the coordinators keep getting plucked for head jobs. It means MM is amazing and the Seahawks are winning. Lots.
I just don’t get the whole, “I don’t want the coordinators moving on” thought process. We had two(?) coordinators move up to HCs under PC. The rest lingered on like rotting fish and most couldn’t wait to get rid of them.
That's the point , Pete Carroll lost his best coordinators and we were left with Kris Richard .

toffee

Reaction score
Rumors around Alabama are that boosters aren't going to give Alabama the same open checkbook Saban got...

Deboer wasn't even able to keep his 16 year coaching partner 😂

Might be a short ride, hope he thinks about what could have been at Washington as he goes to bed nightly for the rest of his life
Deboer probably has no NFL aspirations and view Alabama as the top of college ball, otherwise, why did he move from beautiful Seattle to Tuscaloosa Alabama?

bigcc

Reaction score
Deboer probably has no NFL aspirations and view Alabama as the top of college ball, otherwise, why did he move from beautiful Seattle to Tuscaloosa Alabama?
Because he probably thought Alabama has a more promising roster than uw (A LOT of talent was about to go pro including qb/3 wr/rb/several OL)

He recruited like trash here, he now has significantly more appeal for recruits and can slide longer term with poor recruiting effort.

He was great with the portal here though, smooth sailing at Alabama in store this spring.

Parallax

Reaction score
Bill was making sure the youngsters on Jeffrey's island were well fed .

What a humanitarian.
His ex-wife is really cool. My guess is she was a good influence.

Same for Bezos. On his own, the guy is all about himself. His wife is pretty much the opposite. If I'd been in his shoes, no way I'd have cheated on her. Just counted my lucky stars.

morgulon1

Reaction score
His ex-wife is really cool. My guess is she was a good influence.

Same for Bezos. On his own, the guy is all about himself. His wife is pretty much the opposite. If I'd been in his shoes, no way I'd have cheated on her. Just counted my lucky stars.
Yeah I think Bill's wife had a problem with her husband hanging out with a serial pedophile.... allegedly.

Parallax

Reaction score
Yeah I think Bill's wife had a problem with her husband hanging out with a serial pedophile.... allegedly.
Allegedly. No doubt there's a lot of footage of very rich and powerful men doing things not legal with underage girls, probably in the custody of a foreign intelligence service. There's good evidence Epstein was neither a financial genius or a billionaire but rather set up to look like one. To ensnare and obtain Kompromat on important persons.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Allegedly. No doubt there's a lot of footage of very rich and powerful men doing things not legal with underage girls, probably in the custody of a foreign intelligence service. There's good evidence Epstein was neither a financial genius or a billionaire but rather set up to look like one. To ensnare and obtain Kompromat on important persons.
Agreed.

He had very powerful people and or entities and or government behind him.
Evil f*ck.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Hopefully Damien Lewis regains his form under Huff. He was a solid interior lineman under Solari but once Dickerson took over the OL, he regressed.

Streamhawk

Reaction score
Hopefully Damien Lewis regains his form under Huff. He was a solid interior lineman under Solari but once Dickerson took over the OL, he regressed.
Wait, you are actually discussing the OP topic on Huff? Thank god, this thread couldn’t have gotten more batshit derailed.

Last edited: