OL Coach Scott Huff (UW)

fenderbender123

Reaction score
No, it brings in more revenue because the campus is twice as large and has twice as many enrolled students.

UW has 8k foreign students, Oregon has 1300, what does REGIONAL money have to do with that?

Washington state has 7.7 million people, Oregon has 4.2.

That's besides the point anyways, revenue is literally useless.

Why does Oregon have SIGNIFICANTLY more to spend on nil than Washington?

Regional. Money. Means. Nothing.

When they don't spend it, this isn't a particularly controversial statement

I guess it depends on your definition of regional money. If you mean money that was given to UW from the Seattle area, then yes you're right. My point was that UW receives more in donations than Oregon, despite not having a Phil Knight.

CPHawk

Reaction score

fenderbender123

Reaction score

I am looking specifically at revenue from contributions (aka donors) compared to Oregon, in response to what bigcc was saying about Washington not having a Phil Knight. They don't need a Phil Knight.

bigcc

Reaction score
I guess it depends on your definition of regional money. If you mean money that was given to UW from the Seattle area, then yes you're right. My point was that UW receives more in donations than Oregon, despite not having a Phil Knight.
Oh yeah, 100 percent. UW is fairly high nationwide in campus donations iirc, I'm talking about money specifically donated to nil, which Oregon has laughably more to draw from.

bigcc

Reaction score

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I'd be curious to see how this data is collected, It's very possible I'm full of it and incorrect, but I really have my doubts on if that paints the entire picture.

It's also possible uw just isn't spending it

Well, this is supposedly just revenue, not expenses. The kicker may be that it's just one year, and not a year that Knight cut Oregon a fat check.

bigcc

Reaction score
Well, this is supposedly just revenue, not expenses. The kicker may be that it's just one year, and not a year that Knight cut Oregon a fat check.
Also don't know where contributions go. New weightroom? Maybe rich donor is specifically a softball fan?

I'm actually really not sure to what degree donors decide where it goes,I've never dug into how nil donations function.

I appreciate the link though, and on those numbers alone it appears I was talking out of my ass 😂. Guess uw just needs to spend it better.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Might be a short ride, hope he thinks about what could have been at Washington as he goes to bed nightly for the rest of his life

Whatever he thinks at night , it will be on a bed made of money.

Winners accept challenges and don’t fear failure. No way he doesn’t take the most coveted job in all of football.

Parallax

Reaction score

Winners accept challenges and don’t fear failure. No way he doesn’t take the most coveted job in all of football.
Money only goes so far. One can only spend so much. DeBoer's a competitor. What creates meaning for him is a sense of winning. So yes, he can fall back on the comfort of being wealthy. He can pursue other interests. But right now I'm sure he really wants to win at Alabama.

bigcc

Reaction score

Lol guess coaches like Whittingham at Utah or Ryan grubb are losers.

Whittingham has been approached for an "upgrade" for years, but loves Utah.

Grubb was literally approached by Alabama the year before to be OC for Saban, stayed to be OC at Washington, wuss.

Those might be outliers, but stuff like location and wanting to coach your alma matter will always exist.

People aren't as mad at deboer for leaving, it's the manner in which he did.

They were clearly negotiating during the playoff run, deboer magically had the contract written up and signed 4 days after the championship, and 2 days after Saban retired.

Give me a ****ing break, and I'm sure he was entirely focused on the championship while flirting with Alabama.

He's a piece of shit, **** that guy.

Parallax

Reaction score

Grubb was literally approached by Alabama the year before to be OC for Saban, stayed to be OC at Washington, wuss.

Those might be outliers, but stuff like location and wanting to coach your alma matter will always exist.

They were clearly negotiating during the playoff run, deboer magically had the contract written up and signed 4 days after the championship, and 2 days after Saban retired.

Give me a ****ing break, and I'm sure he was entirely focused on the championship while flirting with Alabama.

Gotta stop tap dancing around, brother, and just lay it on the line.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
I get why DeBoer went to Alabama but following a legend like Saban is doomed to failure. You are always going to be compared to him and at that the best college coach of all time.

nanomoz

Reaction score

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 0

chris98251

Reaction score
I get why DeBoer went to Alabama but following a legend like Saban is doomed to failure. You are always going to be compared to him and at that the best college coach of all time.
Following Saban who had to walk in Bryant's shoes to be considered successful, that's a big pair of shoes to fill now.

Saban may be a legend but in Bama there is only one God and his name is Bryant.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
If they leave because they have been promoted, logically that means they did a really good job for the Seahawks, which must mean then that the Seahawks also did well. I hope that the coordinators keep getting plucked for head jobs. It means MM is amazing and the Seahawks are winning. Lots.
I just don’t get the whole, “I don’t want the coordinators moving on” thought process. We had two(?) coordinators move up to HCs under PC. The rest lingered on like rotting fish and most couldn’t wait to get rid of them.
I think I might not have been elaborate enough in my post, let me try again.

I hope (due to Washington area being their home), that Huff and Grubb choose to stay in the area even if Seattle goes to the Superbowl and wins 3 years in a row because they don't want to leave their homes and they choose to stay here and help us keep winning.

It's not that I don't want them to get promoted, it's that I don't want our new QBotF to be hindered because our OC and OL coaches got poached before he could flourish

bigcc

Reaction score
I think I might not have been elaborate enough in my post, let me try again.

I hope (due to Washington area being their home), that Huff and Grubb choose to stay in the area even if Seattle goes to the Superbowl and wins 3 years in a row because they don't want to leave their homes and they choose to stay here and help us keep winning.

It's not that I don't want them to get promoted, it's that I don't want our new QBotF to be hindered because our OC and OL coaches got poached before he could flourish
Grubb as a high paid OC is much more likely to stay longer waiting for the "right" HC job, than huff is for an nfl OC, or college HC gig.

Just the reality of the situation with the difference in pay/prestige. That being said if grubb goes early good chance huff replaces him. So we're not entirely boned if this is short lived.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Regional money means nothing.

I really wish it did, but I don't see any boosters like Phil knight at uw, despite all that money....

The sonics also left....

I lost faith in seattle money helping sports a long time ago
UW does (well, did) have a booster like Phil Knight. Only, Paul Allen's money went for a new Electrical and Computer Engineering building and not 85 different gaudy uniforms for the football team, along with palatial football team facilities. Priorities, I guess. I will say, the actual facilities on the Computer Engineering side are way better than on the Electrical Engineering side!

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
UW does (well, did) have a booster like Phil Knight. Only, Paul Allen's money went for a new Electrical and Computer Engineering building and not 85 different gaudy uniforms for the football team, along with palatial football team facilities. Priorities, I guess. I will say, the actual facilities on the Computer Engineering side are way better than on the Electrical Engineering side!
Bill Gates has donated as well, just not to the football team. UW's best shot is Steve Ballmer probably.