Ok I will say it

m0ng0

Reaction score
It is as all fun and games last night, I was looking forward to watching the videos and the talking heads, I expected to laugh and giggle but now I'm actually concerned.

The pied Piper of Denver is being eaten by the rats already!?!?! It's week 5 and dude will have to go steal Milky Ways in disguise. His Kathy Bates disciples left the building before halftime, the Denver fans were not even interested in watching the climax of the game. He is 5 games into his new contract 6 years 245 MILLION DOLLARS, I don't think this can be fixed.

I was listening to Pink Floyd's The Wall this morning and got a really bad vibe about this guy and his future. Anyone with a cross word for him is blocked like his intern Dean has done for a year already and did last night, the people in his ear are still telling him he is great and he just continues to isolate himself from all criticism, if he can't turn this around quick what happens when his crew decides to cut bait also?

What happens when the team he should be relying on to help him win games decides they don't want any part of this clown show any more? You don't win your teammates over by pointing fingers at them when you threw the ball 5 yards behind them or over there head? The injuries are piling up quick and the good will is fading fast, the schedule is ugly, the expectations are a "mile high" by the time this season is over his theme song is going to be "is there anybody out there"

Vesuve

Reaction score
It is as all fun and games last night, I was looking forward to watching the videos and the talking heads, I expected to laugh and giggle but now I'm actually concerned.

The pied Piper of Denver is being eaten by the rats already!?!?! It's week 5 and dude will have to go steal Milky Ways in disguise. His Kathy Bates disciples left the building before halftime, the Denver fans were not even interested in watching the climax of the game. He is 5 games into his new contract 6 years 245 MILLION DOLLARS, I don't think this can be fixed.
I see it the same way m0ng0:

I've watched at least 7 talking heads on my youtube feed/algorythm.....

And Russ is getting slammed....but it's fair....

And the fans leaving....

Shite....I'll read the Bronco fan forums and youtube tomorrow but I know exactly what they'll say.

It's going to be a llllooooonnnnggg ride for them.

And Russ said it again after his presser word salad of feel-good-positive-hyperbole before walking off the podium...

"Broncos Country, Let's....."

The fans aren't stupid....if Russ had any sense he'd never say that bullsh*t line again.

Have fun against the Chargers. :)

GeekHawk

Reaction score
I imagine it's like watching your aging formerly-hot ex descend into excess plastic surgery in an ill-fated attempt to keep up with the younger folks, and just ending up looking like a caricature of their former self. I hope he can pull out of this next year, after we get the best possible draft pick from Denver.

(I don't have any exes, so I have to imagine what it's like...)

seatownlowdown

Reaction score

I was listening to Pink Floyd's The Wall this morning and got a really bad vibe about this guy and his future. Anyone with a cross word for him is blocked like his intern Dean has done for a year already and did last night, the people in his ear are still telling him he is great and he just continues to isolate himself from all criticism, if he can't turn this around quick what happens when his crew decides to cut bait also?

What happens when the team he should be relying on to help him win games decides they don't want any part of this clown show any more? You don't win your teammates over by pointing fingers at them when you threw the ball 5 yards behind them or over there head? The injuries are piling up quick and the good will is fading fast, the schedule is ugly, the expectations are a "mile high" by the time this season is over his theme song is going to be "is there anybody out there"

yep, wilson's been completely exposed.

he needs a new "handler", and some kind of self-help coach to help him navigate through this mess that he created for himself. but i just wonder if he can recognize and fully accept that it's himself that is the problem.

regardless of outcome, all that guaranteed money is a nice consolation prize that anybody would envy. he absolutely fooled the broncos organization, as well as that fanbase. and so with that, we really shouldn't pity him or the broncos, but maybe just learn something from it.

Scout

Reaction score
The anger and disappointment is not about what has played out so far. It is what the rest of the season holds for the Broncos. The Broncos have to play a gauntlet of teams the rest of the way. Not even the Jets look like an easy win on paper and the only game where the Broncos should outmatch a team is the Panthers. But the Panthers just need a competent QB to step in and they could compete even with the Broncos at the moment.

Aircrew

Reaction score
My plan since the beginning was to wait and see because I was genuinely curious to find out "who was right" between Pete and Russ. Having said that, my suspicion was that Russ' schtick was going to unravel in Denver. And now here we are, a mere (5) weeks into the season I am in utter disbelief that's it's not only already happened, but that it's this bad. I could be wrong, but I have a feeling that Russ is washed and this is only going to get worse.

OP
OP
m0ng0

m0ng0

Reaction score
Im telling ya this album is SPOT ON!

So ya
Thought ya
Might like to go to the show.
To feel the warm thrill of confusion
That space cadet glow.
Tell me is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise.

strohmin

Reaction score
The Broncos next game is going to be very telling about Russell's future. To me, it looks like he hit rock bottom and is going to be locked in and play out of his mind to right this ship. If he doesn't score atleast 2 legitimate touchdowns, I think it will be completely over for his career and he will never recover.

Optimus25

Reaction score
What amazes me throughout is his cringe level just astronomically rising. Like dude is in the midst of a lack of production driven nuclear meltdown within the fan base and in a very recent tweet he’s trying to show off his dulce and gabana look with the ultra fashionista intense caption. It was so amazingly pathetic and out of tune I’m not certain his handlers aren’t kardashians or bidens.

acer1240

Reaction score
I am a big believer in karma.

'Nuff said.
This was coming. I think we all saw it but weren't quite sure if it was Pete or not. Now we know. I don't hate the guy or anything but I'm glad he is gone.