Official eat crow thread

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Geno played very well. I was impressed of his command of the offense and poise. If he keeps this up he could play his way onto a starting roster somewhere and save his career. 1 game though and SF is a better team. I still say 4-5 wins.

Isnt he already a starter on a roster....??

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Geno played very well. I was impressed of his command of the offense and poise. If he keeps this up he could play his way onto a starting roster somewhere and save his career. 1 game though and SF is a better team. I still say 4-5 wins.

You said Wilson was going to put up 40 on the Seahawks. Did you mean in the rest of Wilson's career? I ask because I'm not sure he'll even manage that. He and his new team still have 60% of those 40 points to go, and I'm not completely convinced Wilson will still be a starter in this league in four years, which is likely to be the next time the Seahawks will face the Broncos.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
You said Wilson was going to put up 40 on the Seahawks. Did you mean in the rest of Wilson's career? I ask because I'm not sure he'll even manage that. He and his new team still have 60% of those 40 points to go, and I'm not completely convinced Wilson will still be a starter in this league in four years, which is likely to be the next time the Seahawks will face the Broncos.
easy hot rod. Wilson will be fine. Broncos beat themselves with turnover and penalty's. Its a long season and Wilson can still play.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Yes, I was wrong. The Seahawks won, and I told Keasley or someone that if the Broncos didn't win by double digits I would owe them a Papa Murphy's coupon.

Then Sutz questioned my fandom and I quit the site. Well, now I'm back.

The Seahawks won the game. Very excited that happened. I'll eat the humble pie

Lagartixa

Reaction score
easy hot rod. Wilson will be fine. Broncos beat themselves with turnover and penalty's. Its a long season and Wilson can still play.

The point is that not only did Wilson and his new team fail to put score even half of the 40 points you predicted he and his new team would score on the Seahawks Monday night (they scored 40% of that), it's not clear they'll be able to score 40 on the Seahawks over all of Wilson's post-Seahawks career.

Wilson apologists love to bring up turnovers and penalties and pretend the Seahawks won because of lucky breaks, but conveniently forget about the breaks that saved the Broncos from an even-bigger defeat. If DeeJay Dallas holds his hands just a little closer to each other on that punt where he got through, he gets a blocked punt (by the way, he was unbelievably great at staying very far from a running-into-the-kicker penalty despite getting so close to a block). If Adams doesn't drop the easy interception that hit his facemask and Diggs holds on to the interception that went through his hands, Wilson's stat line looks a lot worse and the Seahawks' scoring margin might be larger. If an experienced CB had been in the game instead of Coby Bryant, Wilson's one TD pass might have instead been an interception. If holding had been (correctly) called on Bolles when he had Nwosu in a headlock, that could have stopped one of the Broncos' scoring drives, keeping them even further from the 40 you predicted. Additionally, those two goal-line fumbles weren't lucky breaks for the Seahawks. They were huge plays in huge moments by Diggs and NFC Defensive Player of the Week Nwosu.

JPatera76

Reaction score
The point is that not only did Wilson and his new team fail to put score even half of the 40 points you predicted he and his new team would score on the Seahawks Monday night (they scored 40% of that), it's not clear they'll be able to score 40 on the Seahawks over all of Wilson's post-Seahawks career.

Wilson apologists love to bring up turnovers and penalties and pretend the Seahawks won because of lucky breaks, but conveniently forget about the breaks that saved the Broncos from an even-bigger defeat. If DeeJay Dallas holds his hands just a little closer to each other on that punt where he got through, he gets a blocked punt (by the way, he was unbelievably great at staying very far from a running-into-the-kicker penalty despite getting so close to a block). If Adams doesn't drop the easy interception that hit his facemask and Diggs holds on to the interception that went through his hands, Wilson's stat line looks a lot worse and the Seahawks' scoring margin might be larger. If an experienced CB had been in the game instead of Coby Bryant, Wilson's one TD pass might have instead been an interception. If holding had been (correctly) called on Bolles when he had Nwosu in a headlock, that could have stopped one of the Broncos' scoring drives, keeping them even further from the 40 you predicted. Additionally, those two goal-line fumbles weren't lucky breaks for the Seahawks. They were huge plays in huge moments by Diggs and NFC Defensive Player of the Week Nwosu.
careful... your souring some "fans" way of negatively celebrating a win with very accurate and true statements.

toffee

Reaction score
Yes, I was wrong. The Seahawks won, and I told Keasley or someone that if the Broncos didn't win by double digits I would owe them a Papa Murphy's coupon.

Then Sutz questioned my fandom and I quit the site. Well, now I'm back.

The Seahawks won the game. Very excited that happened. I'll eat the humble pie
Nice to have you back. Nothing wrong with humble pies, so long we won and keep winning.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
obtuse. Nobody in the league wanted this guy, even as a backup. He's a bridge QB and everyone knows it.
But hes still a starter on a roster, no?

And maybe he is, maybe he isnt a bridge. Lets let his play this season decide that, shall we?

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Fade is the only 49er fan that showed face after week one. Much props to Fade but not the rest of their fans in here. They went and hid til they win or we lose. After that they’ll make an appearance

Rainger

Reaction score
Fade is the only 49er fan that showed face after week one. Much props to Fade but not the rest of their fans in here. They went and hid til they win or we lose. After that they’ll make an appearance
Didn't know he is a 9ers fan. Why not be more transparent then I would take his posts differently as I would know his agenda, but he posts as he is some deep Hawks fan which he definitely is not.

Ok Fade be transparent and I will take your posts with a different perspective.

Throwdown

Reaction score

Imagine what it’ll be like when we have a more talented QB who’s not afraid to step up in the pocket and makes things easier for his lineman and plays within the system.

Better days are ahead but for now I’m rooting for geno to put a happy ending on his story

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
obtuse. Nobody in the league wanted this guy, even as a backup. He's a bridge QB and everyone knows it.
To be honest, I may think that, you may think that, and every other fan or talking head may think that, but we don't matter too much in that calculation at this point.

Based on how Pete Carroll has always presented himself since coming here, I believe Pete Carroll believes in Geno and clearly he is the only voice that matters in all of this.

If Geno starts being the cause of losses and Pete doesn't make the necessary decisions to rectify things then Pete may lose his voice, but right now he believes in Geno and what you or I or anyone else thinks is irrelevant.