Official Cut List

Fade

Reaction score
Keeping Collier was a salary cap move more than anything. Cutting him would've cost $2.5M in cap space in 2021. He's more valuable as dead weight than being off the roster.

Surprised to see Penny Heart not make it, but they probably feel they can sneak him through waivers, as he didn't play in the preseason.

The most surprising is keeping 3 QBs! What?! I need an explanation here. I expect more roster shuffling until kickoff, week 1, the Seahawks aren't done.

Jville

Reaction score
Interesting ..................................

Retained six running backs including a full back. And, eleven offensive linemen on the current roster.

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
toffee":3eczlxpt said:
Both Flowers and Penny survived the cut.

It’s gross and I’m hoping for some movement. I’m older now but this reminds me of bringing home the girl who puked on your shoes in college. It’s not like you want to take her home but at the time, why not?

Jville

Reaction score
The phone of John Schneider must be lit up. His initial roster has 6 offensive tackle listed ..... a position where a league wide shortage exists.

ivotuk

Reaction score
From seahawks.com

Notes:

• The Seahawks have yet to announce the trade for cornerback Sidney Jones, so that’s why there’s only 52 players on the roster instead of 53.

ivotuk

Reaction score
A Position By Position Look At The Seahawks' Initial 2021 Roster

A breakdown of the Seahawks’ initial roster following Tuesday’s moves to get below the 53-man limit.

Aug 31, 2021 at 03:20 PM

John Boyle

Penny Hart, who appeared in 13 games last season, but it would still be surprising if the Seahawks don't add another player here at some point before the September 12 opener.

Though if the Seahawks stick with four, the new practice squad rules instituted last year do allow players to be activated for game weekend, so they could still have five or six receivers on gameday even if there are only four on the 53-man roster.

https://www.seahawks.com/news/a-positio ... 021-roster

Smellyman

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1zs2jpmg said:
Disappointed to see Cade getting let go. Hope he makes our PS. Really shocked on Hart.

Pretty difficult for any WR to make a case with Geno flinging the ball over people's heads, but whatever.

If these are the biggest problems we have for the season that would be great.

They practice too and see them everyday