Non "SO UNFAIR!" Schedule Gripes as a ticket holder.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
This schedule was a huge disappointment. Not from the perspective of the team's degree of difficulty, or the outcome in wins and losses - but from the perspective of a season ticket holder and fan and supporter of the NFL in general. I'm usually not one to complain. In life I generally subscribe to the laws of only whining or complaining about things if you've got a better solution, and/or think you can do a better job and then follow through on it. That being said here are my main whiney gripes about this schedule from the viewpoint of someone who spends a great deal of time and cash on this team and this league in general:

1.) Denver @ Seattle not a prime time matchup

This game was a no-brainer to be a prime-time game. AFC vs. NFC matchups like this only happen once every four years, so the chance that you get to showcase a superbowl rematch the following season doesn't come along all the time. Sure, you can look at the superbowl and claim that the blowout makes a rematch less interesting - but when you factor in the way Denver has retooled over the offseason, while Seattle has been more along the lines of just maintaining, You'd think that this matchup would be a simple choice as prime time tilt.

The fans and ticket holders deserved to see this game in prime time under the spotlight, not just another sunday afternoon matchup.

2.) SF 2 of 3 weeks in a row; Rams week 17

Why would you schedule the biggest rivalry in football one week apart? Ridiculous from the perspective of anticipation and build-up. You're basically taking what are likely two of the biggest games of the year and mushing them together into one (albeit, epic) event. Why not have this game in week 17, with likely the division on the line, rather than having the Rams in town for the umpteenth time in a row? I'm sure Rams fans are pretty sick and tired of closing out their season every year in Seattle. Denying fans the proper amount of time and anticipation for these two huge matchups is a hose job.

Also, this may leak over into the 'aw unfair' whining category - but basically SF gets to stay home for the game in between these two matchups to play oakland.

3.) Lack of prime time games in general, and the Cowgirls.

this has been addressed. The only thing I'll add is that the story out there about the Seahawks and home blowouts is annoying. Superbowl winning teams and more importantly their fans shouldn't get screwed out of prime time games just because they've had recent success with them.

If it's a ratings issue, make the Dallas @ Seattle game a prime time matchup - does Dallas DESERVE FIVE prime time games with THREE at home? no. A prime time home game count for each season they've consecutively finished 8-8 is garbage.

Anyhow those are my main gripes. As a Season ticket holder it just bugs me that before the schedule release, there was so much potential and anticipation as a fan for these matchups. Yesterday was supposed to be like christmas. Instead we got this poop schedule. I don't care about how tough it is for the team, they will persevere. As a fan it's a hose-job.

THANK YOU FOR LISTENING

OH wait one Bonus Point:

4.) Rams who finished LAST in the division and had trouble with baseball and selling out their monday night game against us - TWO primetime home games.

Okay.

Riley12

Reaction score
This season ticket holder LOVES the schedule.

I hate scooting out of work as soon as possible, slogging through rush hour traffic and paying for parking when we have a
Monday or Thursday matchup. Sunday night games are too late.

Sunday afternoon games mean no traffic, free parking, time for breezing through Hawk Alley, catching up with friends
and some down time after the game to relish the victory or lick wounds before another work day is upon me.

THANK YOU schedule makers for only one home primetime game. DO NOT flex us out of this!

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Riley12":5p7gpdky said:

I hate scooting out of work as soon as possible, slogging through rush hour traffic and paying for parking when we have a

Sunday afternoon games mean no traffic, free parking, time for breezing through Hawk Alley, catching up with friends
and some down time after the game to relish the victory or lick wounds before another work day is upon me.

THANK YOU schedule makers for only one home primetime game. DO NOT flex us out of this!

Yup absolutely. I totally get and feel the "no respect" vibe, but when it comes to the logistics of attending a game, give me a Sunday afternoon game every time. Its so much more enjoyable of an experience. Monday night games are such a pain in the ass with work.

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I made no mention of 'respect', that's not the point.

The point is the schedule coulda been great but it's kind of a dud. IMO.

And I guess I see the point about the game times begin difficult sometimes. I'm just a lucky selfish bastard with a somewhat flexible schedule who loves night games.

warden

Reaction score
Riley12":1rtqufbi said:

Yeah this season ticket holder loves this schedule too.

warden

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":5i2enxjh said:
Riley12":5i2enxjh said:

Yup absolutely. I totally get and feel the "no respect" vibe, but when it comes to the logistics of attending a game, give me a Sunday afternoon game every time. Its so much more enjoyable of an experience. Monday night games are such a pain in the ass with work.

Yep

Cartire

Reaction score
Week 17 is my biggest gripe. I thought for sure this year it would be SEA-9ers. So much missed opportunity for an epic finish. And with only having 4 prim time games, if both teams remained competitive, it would be the ultimate flex option in 17. I would even go as far as it being @SF just for the overall effect of a competitive game.

League really screwed up on that one.

Edit: will add, I remember when Pitt-Bal was the best rivalry in town, they almost always finished off the season against each other.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I would say most season ticket holders love Sunday 1:00PM games more than primetime games.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
I love the regular afternoon games but love prime time games, too. There's just something really fun and exciting about a Sunday night or Monday night game, especially seeing as how we had a long stretch where games like that were few and far between. Just one more prime time home game would have been nice. I hope we get flexed into one.

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
man i dont get these 'fuddy duddys' especially since you are forcing me to use the term "fuddy duddy' for the first time in my life.

there's nothing like doing some afternoon tailgating and then getting to the stadium as the sun begins to set and the lights are on and it's time for prime time football at the clink with the 12th man lubricated and in a frenzy.

I didn't realize I stood so alone in that sentiment.

For me it doesn't get any better.

131201-mnf-600.jpg

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
The Denver at Seattle game was likely protected by CBS/FOX (can't keep them straight with all the new matchup flex stuff going on)

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
I think its a 90% chance that the game against SF Week 15 will be flexed into Primetime if both teams are in the thick of it for the playoffs.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Schedule is not bad, should be more home prime time games. But, it can be quite a hassle, especially the Thursday night ones. That being said, just happy to be a season ticket holder, feel lucky. 21 years and counting with tix......(dang I'm getting old)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
If you're a season ticket holder and you think the home sched is a dud, give me your tickets please.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Cartire":27sjmos7 said:
Week 17 is my biggest gripe. I thought for sure this year it would be SEA-9ers. So much missed opportunity for an epic finish. And with only having 4 prim time games, if both teams remained competitive, it would be the ultimate flex option in 17. I would even go as far as it being @SF just for the overall effect of a competitive game.

Disagree.. with a Week 17 game there is a very good chance that game means relatively nothing to the playoff schedule. Have no problem with it being the Rams.

HawkWow

Reaction score
With all respect to the legitimate concerns of the OP, it's possible the Denver game was not chosen for primetime because the game is seen as a probable mismatch by the schedule makers. Denver has added a couple real good pieces and the return of Miller will be huge for them...but the weakness' of (the great) Peyton Manning play right to our strengths. I'm not predicting another blow-out, but I do predict we beat them handily.

As for the SF 2 out of 3 thing. That at first glance sux ass for sure. But by the time week 13 and 15 rolls around, we may have an entirely different outlook about the way this series is scheduled. IE: We go down and spank the 9ers royally in SF, on Thanksgiving no less, and I will be very excited to get them at the Clink just as soon as possible.

That last stretch, which is damn near completely divisional, may actually prove to be a blessing for us. We won't know for sure until the halfway point of the season and I'm not counting any one of us out just yet. The team that performs best down that stretch will likely end up in the SB (if still healthy for the NFCCG). If this were boxing, we'd be calling that segment of the schedule the championship rounds. I like it.

Cartire

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1g5bxxxx said:
Cartire":1g5bxxxx said:

Disagree.. with a Week 17 game there is a very good chance that game means relatively nothing to the playoff schedule. Have no problem with it being the Rams.

The last two years, a sea-SF week 17 game would have likely decided the division. Second, when you don't set it as week 17, you have taken away the chance of it happening at all anyway.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hawknballs":1sxohz16 said:
man i dont get these 'fuddy duddys' especially since you are forcing me to use the term "fuddy duddy' for the first time in my life.

there's nothing like doing some afternoon tailgating and then getting to the stadium as the sun begins to set and the lights are on and it's time for prime time football at the clink with the 12th man lubricated and in a frenzy.

I didn't realize I stood so alone in that sentiment.

For me it doesn't get any better.

131201-mnf-600.jpg

First off, tip o' the cap to your avatar sir. To steal a ubiquitous phrase from our neighbor's across the street at Safeco...My oh my.

I too love the feeling of a night time prime time game at Century Link. Although I have to side with the majority...The 1pm Sunday games are SO much easier to deal with in terms of traffic, parking and getting home at a reasonable hour before it's off to bed to get up for work the next day. I'm sure flexing will come into play later in the season and we will get another Sunday night game.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Every time someone mentions tickets, someone says "if you're not happy with your tickets, give them to me" so funny.
Never said I was unhappy, but if he is, that's ok. They are the Champs, doesn't matter when or who they play, they are capable of winning the whole thing again. And I expect they will.