Russel Wilson presser sign off

BGHawk

Reaction score
So, I was just thinking about Russell's .." Go Hawks" and then his " Let's Ride" sign off. What will be his Pittsburgh Steelers sign off?

" Go steel" um.. interesting

Seak

Reaction score
I've enjoyed / enjoying the Wilson drama as much anybody
but man lets just not over analyze the guy right now. Hes already IMO nuked his HOF career, showed he cant cook and his idol coach fired him.

I think he will give us plenty of ammo when the season starts with the steelers

chris98251

Reaction score
It will be something corny, Go Steelers of course, Then something like Go Gold .

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
He’s learned his lesson. He was precisely and mercilessly murdered for his silly catch phrases. There will be no “Go Steel Nation” or some similar cringe. He got away with “Go Hawks” because one, it’s not corny sounding and two, it was all he was known for so there wasn’t any record of any new cornball catch phrase patterns until he became a Bronco.

I don’t think even tone deaf Wilson would dare start a third cringe phrase. I think the Bronco Era humbled the man.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
He’s learned his lesson. He was precisely and mercilessly murdered for his silly catch phrases. There will be no “Go Steel Nation” or some similar cringe. He got away with “Go Hawks” because one, it’s not corny sounding and two, it was all he was known for so there wasn’t any record of any new cornball catch phrase patterns until he became a Bronco.

I don’t think even tone deaf Wilson would dare start a third cringe phrase. I think the Bronco Era humbled the man.
We haven't been posting all that he puts out there.. Yet anyway.
Come season though,I'm sure there will be that thread.
The last one I saw of him slobbering over opening his Steelers uniform
out of a FedX package was really cringey.

Cyrus12

Reaction score

Nope..his ego is much to big to be humbled.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
He’s learned his lesson.
Has he? Has he really?

He was precisely and mercilessly murdered for his silly catch phrases.
He wasn't ridiculed for using "Let's ride" -- which in isolation isn't terribly silly. It became silly when he didn't stop using it after humiliating defeats. That's when the ridicule started pouring in.

*edit* I gotta take that back a little. It was ridicule-inducing when that video got released of him in front of a green screen saying "Broncos country, let's ride" over and over. I know it was at the behest of the PR girl who was running the photoshoot, but it was still cringe.

There will be no “Go Steel Nation” or some similar cringe.
We'll see.

He got away with “Go Hawks” because one, it’s not corny sounding and two, it was all he was known for so there wasn’t any record of any new cornball catch phrase patterns until he became a Bronco.
True.

I don’t think even tone deaf Wilson would dare start a third cringe phrase.
We'll see. The tone deafness is strong in this one.

I think the Bronco Era humbled the man.
We'll see, but I have my doubts.

Last edited:

RiverDog

Reaction score

Actually, Russell was on record as ending his pressers with a catch phrase prior to his joining the Hawks. When he was at Wisconsin, he'd end his pressers with "On Wisconsin!" and in his TV intros when players introduced themselves by saying their name and school, he'd say he was "from a whole pack of badgers." It was nod to the fact that he played at both NC State, a.k.a. Wolfpack or Pack, and Wisconsin, the badgers. Pretty clever, huh?

I'd be surprised if Russell didn't come up with some cringy catch phrase, waive a terrible towel, or something silly. He's done it his entire career, so why stop now? If he doesn't come up with something, the press will be all over him speculating as to why not.