Nolan Smith wants to be a Seahawk

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
You weren’t impressed with Bresee? I came away highly impressed he’s athletic and has a great motor and great against the run and applying pressure. Great interview, highly intelligent great technique and quickness off of the ball

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
You weren’t impressed with Bresee? I came away highly impressed he’s athletic and has a great motor and great against the run and applying pressure. Great interview, highly intelligent great technique and quickness off of the ball
His play leaves a lot to be desired. He disappears for long stretches, has generally failed to produce, and seems to have poor conditioning especially after his significant knee injury. Furthermore, I've seen Clemson fans saying he's actually pretty bad against the run, and was even moved to more of a big-end role since he wasn't stout enough on the interior last season. They're pretty down on him if you check their forums out.

Red flag after red flag after red flag. He's athletic, sure, and he has flashes, sure, but the majority of his recent film is pedestrian and there are questions about his effort, his mental state, and his body holding up. That's all significant risk.

I'd be high on the pick if they got him in the second round, but even 20 is a bit rich to take on this much risk. They need reliable players with these picks if they want to open a championship window. Thing is, I think he might actually last until round 2. He's 23 on the consensus big board, even with the combine performance.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
I thought this was a Nolan Smith thread. Nah, I'd take other players over Smith. But, he'll be good eventually with right team/defense.

BASF

Reaction score
Bresee, for whatever reasons, didn't perform in his last season.
I'm pretty sure it was his little sister losing her battle against cancer early in the season that ate away at him. I like him as a player, but I think he is not good value at 20. If he is still there at 37, good value.

Latest posts