Nolan Smith wants to be a Seahawk

getnasty

Reaction score
Give me the double dip with Carter and Smith. Kid seems like a guys that loves the game and is a freak of an athlete.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Nolan Smith almost seems like a boom or bust player. Guy really did nothing in college, but has all the tools to be really good.

bsuhawk

Reaction score
Nolan Smith almost seems like a boom or bust player. Guy really did nothing in college, but has all the tools to be really good.
He IS a bit of a boom-or-bust player. Very athletic but still pretty raw. Believe it or not, he's much better as a run defender than as a pass rusher. He really needs to develop some pass-rushing moves. One thing that's intriguing is his ability to be a three-down player. I can see him as an off-ball LB on first and second downs and then (eventually) moving to Edge on passing downs. I'm still hoping for Calijah Kancey at 20 but would be fine with Nolan Smith.

getnasty

Reaction score
Agreed but I also think there were so many guys feasting on that defense, it was never on the field, they probably only played 3 quarters of a game due to blow out so stats might be a little misleading.

toffee

Reaction score
We are getting some love this year, first Anthony Richardson singled Pete Carroll out to praise, now Nolan Smith point blank wants to join us.

Who's next? Jalen Carter?

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Nolan Smith would be great. Smith and Bresee in round 1 would solidify the D lune or draft a center at 20. Knowing Pete they’ll probably trade back and draft Bijan and a center

bileever

Reaction score
I think Bijan Robinson goes earlier than 20. How's that for a prediction? (Not that I'm convinced he is worth it.) I also predict Calijah Kancey goes before we're up at 20. Those are my two predictions for the year.

Nolan Smith had pretty impressive numbers at the combine. But I have no idea who the Seahawks will pick at 5 or 20.

Chevy

Reaction score
Nolan Smith was the #1 or #2 overall recruit coming out of high school. He didn't live up to his recruit status and is still just an athlete. He is a big time project as a pass rusher. Get him late 2nd round and try to make him an ILB.

seabowl

Reaction score
See Vernon Gholston. Body and athletic like Tarzan, plays like Jane.

BASF

Reaction score
It is weird that people keep bringing up Kancey. I believe that he is not lasting past Philadelphia.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Kancey is a late first early second anyways. I’d rather have Bresee at NT/DT he’s all around better and a 3 down DT

chrispy

Reaction score
2 things...

1)The organization matters. Great athletes in mediocre organizations under-perform more often. Good athletes in great organizations over-perform more often. The world is starting to see that PC/JS have a track record of players having the opportunity to over-perform in Seattle if they follow the system. Of course there are examples both ways, but the biggest stories out of Seattle in the last 12 months are Geno's success and RCW's failure. It paints a picture.

2) There's an appeal to a player(s) that voice(s) their preference to be a Seahawk. To me, there's also an apprehension regarding a player that gets everything they want when we've observed that players with a "chip-on-their-shoulder" mentality tend to fit better in Seattle. A sense of entitlement is a killer in PCs "always compete" atmosphere. I'm not saying this specifically relates to NSmith. I don't know and don't have an opinion. However, if he ended up being a higher draft pick than he originally expected and ended up on a team he preferred, he wouldn't be very motivated to prove doubters wrong.... I think this scenario has been a problem with some high picks in the past.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
If I were coaching I would prefer to work with a guy that wants to be here instead of a guy who wants to be somewhere else.
I agree.

But not sure how much Smith can will things into existence.

Bobby, tried too. And got released.

With Seattle’s needs at linebacker, I gotta say, I like Tremaine Edmunds, if Seattle were to go after free agents, though.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind adding Anthony Simmons 2.0 (speed comp only) at the #20 pick or later . I think he's more of a pass rusher than overall LB. So they would still need to find an ILB type somewhere - either FA or draft.

bsuhawk

Reaction score
It is weird that people keep bringing up Kancey. I believe that he is not lasting past Philadelphia.
I agree. My scenario was Seattle trades picks with Carolina and takes Kancey at 9, which obviously isn't happening now.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Kancey is a late first early second anyways. I’d rather have Bresee at NT/DT he’s all around better and a 3 down DT
Bresee's inconsistency is a massive red flag for me. Also an injury risk. I could see him having a big fall on draft day.

Latest posts