Jon Ryan to retire a Seahawk

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Jon Ryan retires from football as one of the greatest quarterbacks in NFL history.

Over his 12-year career, he completed a staggering 75% of his passes in the regular season, never throwing a single interception, and he will retire with a regular-season passer rating of 116.7 and an astounding 13.50 ANY/A. And as a playoff passer, the guy had a perfect passer rating for the Seahawks.

He also had the greatest throwing face the league has ever seen, and I'm not sure anyone will ever take that title from him.

I've heard he also did some punting. Now that's versatility!

Side note: because I was never required to learn the capitals of Canadian provinces when I was young, it was only about ten or 11 years ago when I was watching a video about Jon Ryan that I learned how "Regina" (the name of the capital of Saskatchewan) is pronounced, with the same vowel sounds as "see China," completely different from the way a few girls and women I've met who have the name "Regina" pronounce their name, with the same vowel sounds as "arena," "Athena," "Serena," or the last three syllables of "ballerina."

Last edited:

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I'll never forgot in Super Bowl 49 when on the introductions Jon said "University of Regina" and the internet exploded with people thinking he was being funny and said something else.