Niners clinch division

James in PA

Reaction score
They are damn good. I cannot see any scenario where the Niners, Philly, or Dallas isn't representing the NFC in the SB. And that makes me sad.

94Smith

Reaction score
49ers have a big test in the next game. Do they match up with Philly? We will see.

49ersNFCWsBest

Reaction score
Hurt and his mobility will give that aggressive 49er defense fits. That is if the 49ers D continues to allow QB'S to slide out of the pocket .Which is why Hufunga will be missed in the Eagles game.

If the 49ers continue to over pursue and not contain the QB in the pocket, then that 49er Offense will need to put up 35+ points to beat Philly.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Unless the Eagles come out flat, I don’t see how the Niners beat them. Hurts isn’t going to settle for the easy 9 to 10 yards then slide when he escapes the pocket, and he isn’t allergic to taking what you give him, be it a short toss for YAC, or over the middle. They aren't going to send all their receivers 15 yards downfield, outside the hashes, when all they need is 5 yards.

Their line is a tic faster than ours, and all those plays yesterday, where Purdy had just enough time to get rid of the ball before being hit? Yeah, he won't have that tic of time agains Philly. As a result of better offensive play, and a deeper rotation, their linemen will be fresher, deeper into the game.

To me, it appears that the two best teams in football right now are Philly and Baltimore, and the competition isn't particularly close.

Last edited:

bigskydoc

Reaction score
And, of course, when the Eagles need inches for the TD or the 1st down, they won't be running some stupid outside zone run.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I realized after watching Kittle with his turkey celebration involving taking it back to the locker room that I don't hate Kittle. I hate that he plays for the 49ers. I hate it so much.

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score
I realized after watching Kittle with his turkey celebration involving taking it back to the locker room that I don't hate Kittle. I hate that he plays for the 49ers. I hate it so much.
It was so unsanitary when he threw that turkey leg back up into the stands after it hit the ground though.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
My last dog has eaten way worse off the ground and was no worse for wear....

....Come to think of it, he did pass on at the tender age of thirteen.

Poor Rusty and his floor food decisions.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Unless the Eagles come out flat, I don’t see how the Niners beat them. Hurts isn’t going to settle for the easy 9 to 10 yards then slide when he escapes the pocket, and he isn’t allergic to taking what you give him, be it a short toss for YAC, or over the middle. They aren't going to send all their receivers 15 yards downfield, outside the hashes, when all they need is 5 yards.

Their line is a tic faster than ours, and all those plays yesterday, where Purdy had just enough time to get rid of the ball before being hit? Yeah, he won't have that tic of time agains Philly. As a result of better offensive play, and a deeper rotation, their linemen will be fresher, deeper into the game.

To me, it appears that the two best teams in football right now are Philly and Baltimore, and the competition isn't particularly close.
Hopefully Santa Clara QB Opie Taylor doesn't get broken off again 😂

NINEster

Reaction score

So Buffalo looking like they don't belong as contenders as of a few weeks ago nearly beat this ultimate team......

There's none of this "nobody close" argument, unless you're making it in favor of the teams with the highest point differential in the NFC, and hint, it's not on the east coast.

NINEster

Reaction score
Hopefully the Seahawk fans can appreciate their early/mid 2010s run a bit more.

Keep in mind, despite the Niners consecutive victories against the Seahawks, the Seahawks have essentially been in most if not all of these games.

You guys remember 2014 Thanksgiving? All of 2015/2016? 2017? 2018 game 1?

Yeah, the Niners were never in any of these games. I wish we could've lost a close one.....the last Russell Wilson game where the Niners managed to lose by turnover on downs at the end would've been epic back then (but was frustrating at the time, because we were a playoff caliber team).

Point differentials maybe finally starting to get payback for the Niners, but that 20 point ceiling in the old days dropped to single digits after Harbaugh right until Kyle arrived......filthy to watch. This past playoff game the Hawks lost by a lot, but had a halftime lead!!!!

And maybe it's the bias we all have with the winning team.......thinking the lead isn't safe until it's impossible to come back time wise.......that 2015 game at Levi's, I think was a Thursday Nighter......and I remember the commentator being asked if there was anything the Niners could've done differently, and the response was an immediate and emphatic "no". Once the Seahawks got to 10 points, the game was officially over. I think I saw some folks on .NET not relaxing until it was technically over, and I was thinking "WTF, that game was never going to be an L in a million years".

The idea of scoring points, let alone a touchdown was unthinkable.

So in case you're getting down on yourselves too much, just know the suckage never hit true rock bottom. The Niners except for not winning the Super Bowl have experienced higher highs and lower lows....

I may never forgive Baughth for running the worst possible offense ever against Carroll with also the worst QB imaginable against that defense, while the game manager he shipped off to KC was 5-1 against him.

Last edited: