NFL Opener? (speculation)

Hawkboi

Reaction score
I'd put my money on Arizona... We're playing Denver in Pre-Season and we'll probably open San Frans doors a week later on a big stage... We'll all know tomorrow.... :th2thumbs:

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I've felt all along it will be Green Bay, so I'll just put it down here one more time so I can be proven right or wrong in the end.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1c0b2xw5 said:
It may seem illogical on the surface from a strict dollars and sense point of view, but trust me, I can guarantee that they have at least strongly considered SF @ Sea to open with. It'd be investing in more fan love, so to speak. The NFL is smart enough to be in it for the long haul.

Of course the NFL has "considered" it .. they've probably considered a Super Bowl rematch as well.

In the end I think they go with Green Bay or Dallas.

FWIW.. the Week 2 SNF matchup between SF-Seattle last year was their 10th highest rated game of the season. The highest rated games involved the Cowboys and Broncos.

Most-Watched Primetime Shows (Sept. 1-Dec. 29, 2013)

Show, Date Average Viewers
Sunday Night Football (Eagles-Cowboys), 12/29 27.4 million
Sunday Night Football (Chiefs-Broncos), 11/17 26.9 million
Sunday Night Football (Broncos-Colts), 10/20 26.9 million
Sunday Night Football (Broncos-Patriots), 11/24 26.5 million
Sunday Night Football (Giants-Cowboys), 9/8 25.4 million
Sunday Night Football (Ravens-Broncos), 9/5 25.1 million
Sunday Night Football (Redskins-Cowboys), 10/13 22.1 million
Sunday Night Football (Steelers-Ravens), 11/28 21.1 million
Sunday Night Football (Cowboys-Saints), 11/10 21.1 million
Sunday Night Football (49ers-Seahawks), 9/15 20.5 million
Sunday Night Football (Bears-Steelers), 9/22 20.5 million
Sunday Night Football (Patriots-Falcons), 9/29 20.5 million

seahawksny

Reaction score
Seeing all the response on this thread makes me sick. Not because of anybody in particular, but because of peoples speculation that it actually could be the Dallas Cowboys, and FOR WHAT REASON??

Unfotuntalely you all have a point. It just goes to show the NFL's and this country's obsession with that franchise who has won like one playoff game in 15 years.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
seahawksny":28tgxk6j said:
Seeing all the response on this thread makes me sick. Not because of anybody in particular, but because of peoples speculation that it actually could be the Dallas Cowboys, and FOR WHAT REASON??

Unfotuntalely you all have a point. It just goes to show the NFL's and this country's obsession with that franchise who has won like one playoff game in 15 years.
You know, the thing about Dullass is this..........it's the Boomers (my generation) that love this team cuz as they were growing up this franchise was successful and everyone loves a winner. That's why the Stealers have a large national fanbase too. But Dullass has been so bad for so long now and likely will continue to be unless Jerruh kicks off next year, that there's a whole generation of fans that doesn't see them as winners. Because of that, in 20 years I think they'll be just another team.

chris98251

Reaction score
49ers will not be it because they want their stadium game to be a meaningful and not have to talk about losing to the Seahawks the first week, Broncos rematch would be big ratings but they don't want to take a chance on them being destroyed so early in the season, Packers make a great ratings game, memories of the immaculate interception still in peoples mind. Cowboys meh, they would not mean anything for most fans, Giants the same thing. Raiders could be interesting with the talent brought in there, they garner good ratings as well due to people wanting them to lose if your not a fan and the Raiders fans are pretty loyal. But because of the bad season I don't think they want to show a blowout opening night.

This brings me back to Packers, measuring stick for both teams, some bad feelings and two decent teams o opening night, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, and Sherman and the Boom.