New Offensive Coordinator Idea

hawker84

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":thi484k8 said:
Paschtorian":thi484k8 said:
My "beef" is that our team can't EVER figure out how to make adjustments until after half-time. That's CRAP!!!!

If the Seahawks could make their adjustments in the 2nd quarter, they'd be slaying the competition.

That's on the Head Coach and his staff.

CARROLL YOU USELESS BUM

FIGURE IT OUT

PRONTO

Bottom line is, we've had two defensive coordinators promoted to HC in a span where we've won two NFCCG's, been to two SB's where we won one, and have won the NFCW multiple times. Bevell has been here for all of that, and yet has gotten no consideration for a HC position that I know of, WHY?

I can see his plays coming a mile away, and I know nothing about football in comparison to Defensive CO's, he may not be a bad OC in terms of X's and O's, but he's predictable as hell.... and it hurts our offensive. I'm tired of people throwing the top 5 offensive argument out there, we had that because of RW not Bevell. We've had slow starts in the 1st half for fours seasons now, at some point a Top OC will figure it out. If it's not Bevell then it's Caroll's stubbornness.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
hawker84":2v5kkxbm said:
I can see his plays coming a mile away, and I know nothing about football in comparison to Defensive CO's, he may not be a bad OC in terms of X's and O's, but he's predictable as hell.... and it hurts our offensive. I'm tired of people throwing the top 5 offensive argument out there, we had that because of RW not Bevell. We've had slow starts in the 1st half for fours seasons now, at some point a Top OC will figure it out. If it's not Bevell then it's Caroll's stubbornness.

So you are tired of people using facts to dispute your logically inconsistent and anecdotal stance. Just wanted to clarify.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
To the point, we need Bevell more than we ever have right now as we're opening things up on offense with Russ and Bev is the primary architect of that. I agree with what another poster wrote about Russ being given more authority to check out of a play based on what he sees from the defense, which is important with what Scotty brought up about the new rule, but it's going to take Bev to get Russ to the point where he can comfortably do that and be on the same page with the rest of the personnel grouping on the field. I think this is part of the early tutelage for Russ that Pete was speaking of. You can bet your bottom dollar that Bev will be in on each of those sessions.

hawker84

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":28kxhps0 said:
hawker84":28kxhps0 said:

So you are tired of people using facts to dispute your logically inconsistent and anecdotal stance. Just wanted to clarify.

I don't dispute the data, I do however dispute it's becauseof bevell, or caroll, take your pick. I think it's in spite of their offensive philosophy.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
So Carroll gets credit for the defense he created with a bunch of unheralded draft picks.

But Carroll, Bevell and Cable get no credit for the offense they created with a bunch of unheralded draft picks. It is just all because of Russell Wilson, a 3rd round draft pick that has grown for 4 years within this system created by Bevell and Cable.

mrt144

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":2m9bvdve said:
So Carroll gets credit for the defense he created with a bunch of unheralded draft picks.

But Carroll, Bevell and Cable get no credit for the offense they created with a bunch of unheralded draft picks. It is just all because of Russell Wilson, a 3rd round draft pick that has grown for 4 years within this system created by Bevell and Cable.

You can PM Anthony! any time.

dogorama

Reaction score
mrt144":a6phjh32 said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":a6phjh32 said:

You can PM Anthony! any time.

RW was two plays away from playing in the NC in his last year. His college coach called him the greatest football player he had ever seen. It became almost immediately clear in his rookie preseason he would be our starting QB. Wilson wasn't unheralded, Lynch was a first-rounder as was Okung. You make it sound like these were UFA'S, that is not even close to being true, the success has come players like RW who can extend broken plays and Beastmode who never needed a big hole to run through. To say that the it came from the scheme is ridiculous. Name me any two player combination on any team who could have accomplished what RW and Lynch have?

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Name any other coaching staff that consistently got top-7 offensive production from a 3rd round QB, disgruntled first round RB who had 450 yards the year previous (and then similar, if not better, production from an UDFA RB), an offensive line that consistently ranked in the bottom 5 of the league and a receiving staff that consists of mainly UDFA WRs.

To say that the coaching staff had nothing to do with that is inconceivable. Name one coaching staff that has done more with less.

I am not saying they're perfect but that lack of credit they get on this board borders on farcical.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Doesn't Bevell pretty much run the offense the way Pete wants him to?

If that is true, the other arguments (while they may be valid), are rather moot, aren't they?

hawker84

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":3p5y0hsv said:

Well ya, that's my point, our offense has been stagnant, stale, predictable and down right unproductive in the first half of games for the last four years minus a few games here and there. I give them all the credit for that.

It's not till we've dug a hole for ourselves and they're forced to open up the offense and put the ball in RW's hands do you see the offense start to move the ball. With the wespons we have, there is no reason it should take a half of football to make those adjustments, game after game after game, year after year. I don't have the answer, just my observations. ...

dogorama

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":1nr0dnip said:
Name any other coaching staff that consistently got top-7 offensive production from a 3rd round QB,.

Tom Brady 6th round
Joe Montana 3rd round
Kurt Warner UDFA
Fran Tarkenton 10th round
Roger Staubach 10th round
Johnny Unitas 9th round
Bart Starr 17th round!

There are plenty more too, you keep making it sound like they made these players out of nothing, it's simply not true

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
So pretty much all of those guys are Hall of Famers. Hmmm, you've convinced me that I'll stick with Bevell as he's grooming Russ to join that elite list of Hall of Famers.

dogorama

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3raxucbr said:
So pretty much all of those guys are Hall of Famers. Hmmm, you've convinced me that I'll stick with Bevell as he's grooming Russ to join that elite list of Hall of Famers.

It's the student grooming the teacher not vice versa. Favre said as much when he was with him at Minnesota. A good example was last year's NFC title game against GB where RW told Bevell he was going to win the game on a cover-0 pass to Kearse. He even went up and down the bench and told the oline to watch for the cover-0 when they went back in the game. Sure enough the offense goes back in the game - RW sees the cover-0 , audibles out of Bevells stupid ass predictable play and VOILA' - TD to Kearse and we go to the Super Bowl for the second year.

I got no problem keeping Bevell as long as RW has the ability to audible out of every single dumb ass predictable play Bevell calls.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ing-finish

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
dogorama":2f1iwnx1 said:
Siouxhawk":2f1iwnx1 said:

It's the student grooming the teacher not vice versa. Favre said as much when he was with him at Minnesota. A good example was last year's NFC title game against GB where RW told Bevell he was going to win the game on a cover-0 pass to Kearse. He even went up and down the bench and told the oline to watch for the cover-0 when they went back in the game. Sure enough the offense goes back in the game - RW sees the cover-0 , audibles out of Bevells stupid ass predictable play and VOILA' - TD to Kearse and we go to the Super Bowl for the second year.

I got no problem keeping Bevell as long as RW has the ability to audible out of every single dumb ass predictable play Bevell calls.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ing-finish
You're making stuff up as you go. You really are. As someone who's followed the Vikings for a long time, I can tell you that you are unequivocally wrong. Favre got along with Bev just fine. He had some friction with Childress, but that doesn't apply to this discussion. As for Russ, he has gained a great deal of knowledge under Bevell, they have forged a great relationship and they will work together in lock step going forward as our offense continues to evolve into one where Russ is the primary caretaker.

dogorama

Reaction score
Actually it's you making stuff up. Nowhere did I say they had a bad relationship, I said that Favre felt he was the teacher and that is quote made from an article I can't find right now. And, it makes perfect sense, by the time Bevell got his OC job at Minnesota all he had ever been was an assistant. By this time Favre was an acknowledges Hall of Fame QB with multiple Super Bowl victories. Bevell had zero experience as a pro yet you think that I am making it up that Favre thought he was the teacher, not the student. Your way of making an argument is to misrepresent what the argument actually is e.g. "Bevell and Favre didn't have a bad relationship" which is completely off the point.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
I don't agree that Bevell should be fired but I do agree that Kiffen could b e a very good NFL OC. The most important thing this off season is having a quality draft.

dogorama

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":2rscawxk said:
How many multiple Super Bowl victories for Favre?

1x1 still = 1

Okay get picky, Favre played 16 seasons in Green Bay. During his time in Green Bay, Favre was the first and only NFL player to win three consecutive AP MVP awards. He helped the Packers appear in two Super Bowls, winning Super Bowl XXXI. Favre also started every Green Bay Packers game from September 20, 1992 to January 20, 2008.

The obvious point I was trying to make was that his knowledge extended far beyond Bevell's. That much should
be obvious even to to the most unknowledgeable fan.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
dogorama":1u5x7pbp said:
Grahamhawker":1u5x7pbp said:

1x1 still = 1

Okay get picky, Favre played 16 seasons in Green Bay. During his time in Green Bay, Favre was the first and only NFL player to win three consecutive AP MVP awards. He helped the Packers appear in two Super Bowls, winning Super Bowl XXXI. Favre also started every Green Bay Packers game from September 20, 1992 to January 20, 2008.

The obvious point I was trying to make was that his knowledge extended far beyond Bevell's. That much should
He's not being picky. He's just pointing out the inconsistencies of your stats, like your arguments. You don't like how Bevell runs our offense and you have an axe to grind. Fine. I take the opposing view and feel our offense has a sound track record and is about to flourish even more under him as Russ continues to become a more-rounded QB. By the way, could you please provide a link to when Russ audibled to beat the Packers. I'd like to read what he said there.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3hoj7ka2 said:
dogorama":3hoj7ka2 said:
Grahamhawker":3hoj7ka2 said:

1x1 still = 1

He's not being picky. He's just pointing out the inconsistencies of your stats, like your arguments. You don't like how Bevell runs our offense and you have an axe to grind. Fine. I take the opposing view and feel our offense has a sound track record and is about to flourish even more under him as Russ continues to become a more-rounded QB. By the way, could you please provide a link to when Russ audibled to beat the Packers. I'd like to read what he said there.
He was mic'd up. http://www.seahawks.com/video/2015/01/23/sound-fx-green-bay-packers-seattle-seahawks-overtime

the alert was built into the play.

Latest posts