.Net temperature on Jamal Adams?

After two season's, how do you feel about the acquisition of Jamal Adams?

• Hate it. What a waste of draft capital for a box safety who disappeared after he got paid.

• Love it. He's a generational talent. A relentless machine who brings it every play.

• Undecided. He's been injured alot. Need to see him healthy and utilized properly by the new DC.

Results are only viewable after voting.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Well, it can't get worse right?

I was resigned we had to try the trade because Carroll needs a great box safety for his defense to work and because we tend to pee away our #1s anyway.

But it was clear he was not great in coverage. People comparing him to Kam were/are crazy.

Carroll teams hinge on-field tilters, and he was that. But he had a Clowneylike impact, where he had one or two great games and then a whole lot of nothing. Feel like that is going to be result going forward as well.

But maybe a 3-4 makes sense for him? We do know the Jets were right about him being used wrong because the Jets did know how to use him better than we did.

I don't expect much.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
IMO Jamal Adams is broken.

What, three shoulder surgeries in two years, two of them torn labrums? When has any hard hitting strong safety ever regained form and full health after that?

He can still run around and make plays, but it's all arm tackles and business decisions not to shoulder hit and tackle because he's favoring his shoulders trying to avoid the inevitable................more seasons plagued by injuries.

sutz

Reaction score
Kam took a couple of years to get good in coverage, and he was never a "shut down" safety for that. He was better at hitting after the catch, at which he excelled.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
When he is playing well he is a true difference maker.

The shoulder issues are greatly concerning though and may limit him until they can be resolved. I think he was significant positive addition to the team and am not buying the negativity surrounding the trade for him which was admittedly costly. The new coaching of the DBs and defence should see him used to the best of his ability and I'd expect him to return to the ranks of a perpetual Pro Bowl quality SS.

I am curious to watch what the defensive staff fields this season, we could be very happy with what is produced.

sc85sis

Reaction score
No one could have known ahead of time that he'd end up with all these shoulder injuries, but they are a concern now. So I'm undecided. If he stays healthy and he's used as more of a safety/LB hybrid, he's going to be a great player for us.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Hated it then, hate it even more now. What an awful trade.
Worse than the Graham and Harvin trades combined. And then we were basically forced into giving him a market altering, cap crushing contract.

I can't stand him. He can't cover. He can't catch. He's a liability. If Clint Hurtt turns him into half the player we thought we were getting from the Jets, promote him to head coach.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
No one could have known ahead of time that he'd end up with all these shoulder injuries, but they are a concern now. So I'm undecided. If he stays healthy and he's used as more of a safety/LB hybrid, he's going to be a great player for us.

My nickname for Adams last year was the vegetarian cheetah.

87 combined tackles and zero sacks before he got injured again. So yeah, he can still run around and be active, but the days of his 3 sack games and hammering into the hole making plays are over.

I just don't see how he can do that with destroyed labrums.

Believe me, I hope I'm wrong. But man, we're on the wrong side of this player's upside.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Horrible trade then and now. He’ll never be the player he was supposed to be. I doubt he’ll be able to play an entire season for as long as his career lasts. As a matter of fact, if he has another shoulder injury, I bet he calls it quits.

WarHawks

Reaction score
It's almost like people here don't like the trade. Hmm...

sdog1981

Reaction score
Adams with first or second team All-Pro from 2018 to 2020. 2021 was a massive step backwards.

Is he going to be the 2018-2020 Adams? Or will he be the square peg in a round hole like he was during most of 2021?

With the team switching to a 3 man line it will be interesting to see how many 3-3-5 alinements the team will use with Adams as the hybrid linebacker.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
He’s paid for. Let’s not nitpick over minor sh!t he’s a baller. He breaks the league record for sacks as a safety then people complain he can’t cover so he goes out and posts the top cover grade for strong safeties PFF. He aggressive and he knows how to rock some ass when asked

Cyrus12

Reaction score
It was a terrible trade. Pete got fleeced big time but was desperately trying to add that piece for a super bowl run that never happened.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Love jamal, don’t particularly care for the price but we were all in when we did it.

Hoping he bounces back from the shoulder surgery, gonna need that energy he brings.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Love the intensity. Generational talent. When he missed a couple games his first year but then see a picture of him standing up watching the game in his helmet at home…sold me. Last year was on scene that completely went away from using him to his attributes let alone putting him positions where it’s know he isn’t the strongest.

Scout

Reaction score
This scheme is going to be a great fit for Adams. Just has to stay healthy.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
This new scheme is going to allow soo many options for him to feast with all the different packages we can throw out there. We have the best safety duo in the lane all while having the likes of Neal coming in who is completely underrated. Play a 3 safety set at times and let Jamal roam and destroy.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
This new scheme is going to allow soo many options for him to feast with all the different packages we can throw out there. We have the best safety duo in the lane all while having the likes of Neal coming in who is completely underrated. Play a 3 safety set at times and let Jamal roam and destroy.
I agree with so many posts in this thread. I pretend we gave a single 1st rder for him and that helps me sleep better at night. That and what Frodo said "He's paid for". As DJ suggests, we're gonna have to let him roam. Let him freelance. But one problem, that I think will be reoccurring, is he constantly wants to hit like Kam. With his shoulders as they are (and I know first hand about shoulder surgeries) he's going to have to be satisfied with tackling as opposed to crushing or he's going to see IR a lot. If that continues, even for a single 1st, he's going to be a bust.

I'm backing off on bashing Pete for the time being because it appears he's starting to do some good things. But my gawd, Harvin, Graham, Adams...just to name a few? It's too bad he doesn't have more oversight. Between giving our 1sts away and squandering some others, many in his position wouldn't be employed right now.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
If people were on the war path that Bobby was washed up, I have no idea how Jamaal is ever still considered roster worthy by the same standards.