NCAA Tourney

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That second half was crazy. Kansas just flat out dominated and took over. I didn't care who won the game, and NOT seeing Duke in there was a bonus.

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I don't like either team so I didn't have a rooting interest either. Impressive come back though.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
I think Davis hurt NC's chances vs Kansas by keeping his starters on the floor almost the entire game vs Duke. Now, one could argue they wouldn't have beat Duke if they went to their bench but 2 super high-intensity games over a span of 3 days for their starting unit? I bet on Kansas (and lost by a point) because I felt fatigue would doom NC. They came out hot but slowed as the game wore on and whether or not fatigue was to blame for that...only the kids know, but it sure couldn't have helped.

As an aside...and I played basketball my whole life, I can't ever recall being on a court that was so terribly marked. I just don't get that black stripe that Harris touched in Kansas' last possession. The stripe had court color on both sides of it. I'm probably over-reacting because it was that OB call that cost me my money but for such an important game...why not just keep the boundaries simple and easily identifiable?

Threedee

Reaction score
I think Davis hurt NC's chances vs Kansas by keeping his starters on the floor almost the entire game vs Duke. Now, one could argue they wouldn't have beat Duke if they went to their bench but 2 super high-intensity games over a span of 3 days for their starting unit? I bet on Kansas (and lost by a point) because I felt fatigue would doom NC. They came out hot but slowed as the game wore on and whether or not fatigue was to blame for that...only the kids know, but it sure couldn't have helped.

As an aside...and I played basketball my whole life, I can't ever recall being on a court that was so terribly marked. I just don't get that black stripe that Harris touched in Kansas' last possession. The stripe had court color on both sides of it. I'm probably over-reacting because it was that OB call that cost me my money but for such an important game...why not just keep the boundaries simple and easily identifiable?
There was also apparently a loose floorboard.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
That is some insane basketball right there. We live here in the islands and did the invitational maybe half a dozen times. Great stuff. But we've since bought season's tickets for the Huskies....so we've traded sun and sand for cold and wet. And yes, losing. : /

Piggybacking on AppyHawk's advice, be sure to book your room early too. That's peak tourist season. Kaanapali side (Lahaina) will be extra pricey so looking at rooms in Kihei might be a wiser move.

A loose floorboard, Threedee? Wow. That's nonsense. Someone needs to be held accountable for that.

Threedee

Reaction score
That is some insane basketball right there. We live here in the islands and did the invitational maybe half a dozen times. Great stuff. But we've since bought season's tickets for the Huskies....so we've traded sun and sand for cold and wet. And yes, losing. : /

Piggybacking on AppyHawk's advice, be sure to book your room early too. That's peak tourist season. Kaanapali side (Lahaina) will be extra pricey so looking at rooms in Kihei might be a wiser move.

A loose floorboard, Threedee? Wow. That's nonsense. Someone needs to be held accountable for that.

The floor techs are pushing back and claiming they found the claim to be untrue.

However, the commentators were discussing it in real time, and, I've never seen that happen before.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
That's just incredible. Too easy to just say "well, both teams had to share that floor". There's no excuse for this. I'm putting an asterisk next to Kansas' title right now (lol).

As for what I consider the court's really poor markings (and my friends are giving me a lot of crap about OCD), I find myself looking at every floor now. Whether in game or via highlights. Not once have I seen a court with such bizarrely marked OB boundaries. I'm not necessarily suggesting this impacted the game's outcome but I'd like to ask Harris what he saw. I'm really just saying I feel they got needlessly carried away with their floor graphics (when Maybe they should have been more focused on loose floorboards?!).