Nathan Rourke

LDP

Reaction score
I will take him, at least to try out.

Flutie was CFL. So was Browner.

We don't have a QB. (At least not starting caliber) We have to try everything.
So was the great Warren Moon. HoF’er and, undrafted out of UW as I recall. Cut his chops in the CFL with Edmonton.

OP
OP
B

beaumaris

Reaction score
Seven games into the season and he’s boasting an 81% completion rate. Racking up yardage like crazy. I’ve been watching football for 50 years. This guy’s the real deal. 6’2” 200 lbs, 4.7 40, so a true dual threat. Best thing though is his poise. Plays like he’s been around 7-8 years. Calm, goes through progressions, reads coverage well, VERY accurate. Would have been drafted had he played at a bigger Div 1 school, and been American (lack of scouting data).
What an exhibition of QB’ing. Saturday night.
Really wish Hawks would take the short trip north to Vancouver,and at least take a look.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I’m all for signing him. I wish we would have taken a late round flyer in the draft but didn’t. I’ve always thought that every couple of years we should throw a 6th rounder at a QB. Never been a Geno fan.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The CFL season doesn't end until Dec 12 (if I'm not mistaken). Not sure if he can be signed right now since he is under contract with BC Lions. However he may be a great target for next season.

LionBacker

Reaction score
The CFL season doesn't end until Dec 12 (if I'm not mistaken). Not sure if he can be signed right now since he is under contract with BC Lions. However he may be a great target for next season.
That’s correct. He’s on a 2 + option, but can exit his SPC at the end of the current season (Lions would retain his CFL rights).

LDP

Reaction score
Recap of the Aug 7 game - BC vs Edmonton

I dunno, is he worth a look? Keep in mind, he turned 24 in May, first year starter.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Recap of the Aug 7 game - BC vs Edmonton

I dunno, is he worth a look? Keep in mind, he turned 24 in May, first year starter.

Thanks for sharing the highlights. He looked great. I dunno but from the highlights he didn't throw much in the middle of the field. Which is a common complaint of many on here. :p

LionBacker

Reaction score
Largely a function of the wider CFL field, I would think. BC doesn’t run alot of drags, or middle screens. Jevon Cottoy’s built like a prototypical TE, but he’s not often a primary.

LionBacker

Reaction score
Aint dat da truth? Of course I don’t know the exact figure, but it he’s on a standard rookie deal, it’s a CAD $65,000 base salary, and I’m sure some performance incentives in there for maybe another 10-15k. That’s it. Dude almost needs a second job here in Vancouver just to cover expenses.

LionBacker

Reaction score
What an exhibition of QB’ing. Saturday night.
Really wish Hawks would take the short trip north to Vancouver,and at least take a look.
Tonight vs Calgary, Rourke was 39 of 52 passing, for 488 yards, engineering an 86-yard drive for the game-winning FG with :02 left in a 41-40 game.

Dan Fouts is jealous!😀

Rat

Reaction score
You mean the league that Cam Wake, Doug Flutie, Mervyn Fernandez, Warren Moon, Joe Theismsmann, Andre Rison, and more came out of? Yeah, I’ve heard of it…
So you have to go back to the 70s to find a QB who made the transition to the bigger league? I guess I forgot the Ricky Ray and Casey Printers eras of the NFL.

Last edited:

Rainger

Reaction score
You guys need to learn the rules of the CFL that leads to high passing capacity and inflated numbers. Yes Warren Moon was a star there and the NFL but few others.

The Field is 15 yards wider, the field is 10 yards longer, the end zones are 20 yards deep by 65 yards wide, all people in the backfield can be moving BEFORE the snap, the D must be 1 full yard back from the line of scrimmage, there are 12 players and because there are only 3 downs you must get your ten yards basically in 2 plays.

All of this leads to higher, easier scoring and open throws and runs.

There are many many more differences that benefit QB's Kickers, and WR's.

Don't know anything about this guy cause I cant get the CFL in Australia But I was born in Toronto and lived in Victoria BC for 1/2 my life so I have seen my fair share of CFL games.

Last edited: