Nathan Rourke

LionBacker

Reaction score

B.C. Lions quarterback Nathan Rourke going to workouts with NFL teams​

The 24-year-old Victoria native says he's looking for an opportunity where he can be on the field and making an impact for a team, and he's willing to come back to the Lions if that opportunity isn't available in the NFL.

His campaign was curtailed in mid-August by a foot injury that required surgery and forced him to miss eight games, but appeared in the final game of the regular season.

Rourke says he doesn't have any details on how many or which NFL teams he'll be doing workouts with.
Don’t know with certainty, but TSN is reporting more than 24 teams have expressed interest, so I’d say the odds are good that they’ll ask him to work out.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Would of broke all the cfl records if he didn't get hurt...I guess bring him in for a try..could be the next Doug Flute.

hawksfansince90

Reaction score
I guess bring him in for a try..could be the next Doug Flute.

Is that really a good thing? Doug Flutie didn't get much of a chance in Chicago or New England. Wade Phillips starts Rob Johnson over Flutie in the Wild Card vs Tennessee and how did that turn out.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Is that really a good thing? Doug Flutie didn't get much of a chance in Chicago or New England. Wade Phillips starts Rob Johnson over Flutie in the Wild Card vs Tennessee and how did that turn out.
Lot of politics in that Johnson move. Flutie got them to the playoffs and then Phillips inexplicably puts in Johnson who was terrible...and they lost...by the time he went elsewhere he was too old.

LionBacker

Reaction score
Rourke’s now on his NFL 2022 Tour:
Jags, Raiders, Broncos, Vikings, Eagles, Cards, Colts, Bucs, Bengals and Chiefs have all had him in to work out. Curiously, nothing being reported about Seattle. Only thing I can surmise is that they’ve either already talked, or someone’s asleep at the wheel.

Last edited:

LionBacker

Reaction score
Rourke’s now on his NFL 2022 Tour:
Jags, Raiders, Broncos, Vikings, Eagles, Cards, Colts, Bucs, Bengals and Chiefs have all had him in to work out. Curiously, nothing being reported about Seattle. Only thing I can surmise is that they’ve either already talked, or someone’s asleep at the wheel.
Rourke just signed with the Jags.

LionBacker

Reaction score
Too bad for him but maybe thats all there was...st least he got paid i guess
He was widely reported as having received multiple offers, but what appears to have helped sell it was a former CFL connection — Henry Burris. Learning under Doug Pederson’s not too bad either. Making a move to a team on the rise.

Last edited:

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Just goes to show the hidden talent in the cfl...some Canadians say the talent is better...Mark Gastineau couldn't cut it in the north.....

toffee

Reaction score
Trevor Lawrence will be highly motivated with this kid sitting on the bench.

Here's another angle of that play.

OMG, this young QB can play RussBall, he throw that TD with a defense player holding on to low half of his body. Sean Payton would be wise to bring this young man in as standby.

Latest posts