Must underrated hawk of all time IYHO.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
No wrong answers.

Mine: John L. Williams. Dude was a beast. Great blocker, great runner that would run people over, great pass catcher out of the backfield.

[youtube]WI4-EeJBUIw[/youtube]

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Ah man, good question. I would be hard pressed to think of just one. Bobby Engram comes to mind. Wickedly good in the slot and a first down conversion master but I never felt he got the recognition that he deserved.

Leonard Weaver was great, but didn't last very long. Many others I can think of...Fun thread.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Dan Doornnk... he led the way for Curt Warner and was Mr. Clutch on 3rd downs.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
Randy Jamdoodle. He was a practice squad player in 1979, and got a nosebleed the one time he got called into the game, but all the other players' rubbed his bald head for luck when they ran onto the Kingdome field.

Rest in power Randy!

Maulbert

Reaction score
Mack Strong. Blocked for 3 1,000 yard rushers (Warren, Watters, Alexander) and didn't make a Pro Bowl until he was 34. Anyone remember when Holmgren tried to replace him with Reggie Brown in 1999?

LTH

Reaction score
Mack Strong...

i loved watching this guy block just a total beast in every way

LTH

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Aros":11j4ub3w said:
Ah man, good question. I would be hard pressed to think of just one. Bobby Engram comes to mind. Wickedly good in the slot and a first down conversion master but I never felt he got the recognition that he deserved.

Leonard Weaver was great, but didn't last very long. Many others I can think of...Fun thread.

I was thinking Bobby too. Good player.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Jacob Green. Older Seahawks fans know who he is and appreciate him (and he's in the Ring of Honor), but most other people seem not to know. Dude should prob'ly be in the Hall of Fame.

It's a shame sacks were not an official stat for the first two years of his NFL career.

It got awfully dusty in the CLink (now Lumen Field) when I finally got to Seattle for my first Seahawks home game in October of 2019 after having been a fan for over 43 years, and I saw that my seat was in front of the sign representing Green's place in the Ring of Honor. Somebody oughta do something about that dust problem. It was kicking up all day.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
Chawker":hiydyw88 said:
Steve Hutchinson the best left gaurd in the history of the Seattle Seahawks.

Undisputed. But not underrerated. Twas a sad day when he went to the Vikes. Money does.

rjdriver

Reaction score
We had a guy named Daryl Turner in the 80's. WR who had 13 touchdowns in 1985 and 36 TD's in his 4 years a Hawk. I know it's not a common name, but I have always considered him underrated. He was an awesome long ball threat and really came to play during primetime games. He didn't get much attention because we had a pretty decent kid from Oklahoma as the other WR.

He may not be the MOST underrated Hawk, but I think he is definitely an underrated Seahawk who played on some of the best teams we've ever fielded.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Joe Nash - held that nose guard position down for a long time.

hawkpride

Reaction score
Paul Skanski (sp?)

Wide receiver that always held on to the ball no matter how hard he was hit, and he got hit hard a lot, Us old folks remember him well..

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Lagartixa":2pg765lo said:
Jacob Green. Older Seahawks fans know who he is and appreciate him (and he's in the Ring of Honor), but most other people seem not to know. Dude should prob'ly be in the Hall of Fame.

It's a shame sacks were not an official stat for the first two years of his NFL career.

It got awfully dusty in the CLink (now Lumen Field) when I finally got to Seattle for my first Seahawks home game in October of 2019 after having been a fan for over 43 years, and I saw that my seat was in front of the sign representing Green's place in the Ring of Honor. Somebody oughta do something about that dust problem. It was kicking up all day.

One of my all-time favorite Seahawks. Not sure he was considered underrated though. He was a terror for offenses. I would probably say Jeff Bryant and Joe Nash as more underrated, but boy the three of them together were fun to watch.

Latest posts