Must underrated hawk of all time IYHO.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":g8p994zo said:
hawkpride":g8p994zo said:
Paul Skanski (sp?)

Wide receiver that always held on to the ball no matter how hard he was hit, and he got hit hard a lot, Us old folks remember him well..

Paul Skansi. I recall him when we got the team. Dont remember when he left as I was young then and parents dont watch football.

A great choice. Thanks
OMG...he is old..... :twisted:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... anPa00.htm
Paul Skansi will always be remembered in Seahawks lore as the guy who caught the game winning TD pass in Derrick Thomas's 7 sack game.

[youtube]pUSFq5OatdI[/youtube]

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Leon Washington. The dude set a record for the most returns for touchdown in a single season. He was amazing!

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
So many people undervalue special teams. I'll throw Heath Farwell's name into the hat. For the newbies, he was our S.T. captain for our Super Bowl era team.

He's now coaching special teams in the league!

DJrmb

Reaction score
I'll throw Dave Brown into the mix. 10th in the league all time in career interceptions with 62 (more than Deion Sanders, Ty Law, and Champ Bailey). He should already be in the HOF, but he gets no love. 11 recovered fumbles too. He was a turnover machine year after year, Pete Carroll would have loved him. It's all about the ball...

godawg

Reaction score
Many of the names that came to my mind like Mack Strong and Joe Nash have been mentioned, but what about Norm Johnson and Jeff Bryant and one of the most intimidating members of the LOB, Brandon Browner?

FPD

Reaction score
I know others have said this, but absolutely it was Mack Strong! In addition to all the things already mentioned, he also was an undrafted free agent.

Mack Strong on Dot Com

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Joey Galloway was the last truly great wr we had for like a full decade.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
One of the coolest threads on .NET in awhile. Love the nostalgic trip and acknowledging a lot of great former Seahawks that would otherwise not be talked about much around here. Kudos, OP.

PS...Many of the players listed so far happen to fill up much of my Top 10 Favorite Seahawks Players of All Time.

And a shout out again to the OP...John L. Williams has always been one of my most favorite Seahawks of all time.

While it doesn't show up that much in this photo, I always loved that white neck brace he would rock...Just made him look all the more badass...And for the record, if the Seahawks were to ever rock these 80's uniforms with the giant white numbers and mesh jerseys I would lose my mind in ecstacy.

E42dccca4ebee9c1fa3b0817123ff6ff

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I definitely have a soft spot for John L. One of my first hookups was at his club in his hometown of Palatka FL (where a lot of my family is from).

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Oh there is alot. Darrell Jackson.

So many to name.

Al Simmons. Ken Hamlin came out his first year knocking heads off.

I loved Bobby Engram. Dude was clutch.

Mack Strong probably actually bled blue and green.

Boohman14

Reaction score
Own The West":403mg2ho said:
Manu Tuiasosopo. I liked Michael Jackson a lot too.

I was going to say Michael Jackson as well. He was a very good Linebacker and relentless in pursuit. Just never took plays off. Very emotional , spirited player . Was drafted under Patera but seem to ignite under Knox until his knee injury ended his career...on a sack.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Shawn Springs - Didnt play long for the Hawks, but was productive while there.

keasley45

Reaction score
Leroy Hill

Charlie Rogers - one of the dumbest decisions by a seahawks exec was Ted Thompson exposing Rogers to be drafted by the Texans in their supplemental draft. Dude was electric.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3mzcl1ac said:
Shawn Springs - Didnt play long for the Hawks, but was productive while there.

Interesting take.... Springs was a top 5 draft pick (#3) in 1997. Same draft where the Seahawks picked Walter Jones at #6.