Mindset this off-season vs. Last

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
What a difference it makes knowing who your QB is. Last year that's was THE biggest question. This year it's the biggest answer.

pehawk

Reaction score
Wilson is such a big answer he makes the 10 AM start time concerns, trivial.

And John, I love you.

grizbob

Reaction score
That be true, :th2thumbs: but it aint making the off season any shorter, I needs me some Seahawks football :180670: :49ersmall:

My name is Mike and I'm a Seahawks addict :3:

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
You can also tell the team believes they will win now. They understand how good they can be and what it will take for the next step.

It's awesome to witness.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
grizbob":2xwl7g6l said:
That be true, :th2thumbs: but it aint making the off season any shorter, I needs me some Seahawks football :180670: :49ersmall:

Mike? I always figured your name was Bob. Hmm.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1nhgyyw1 said:
grizbob":1nhgyyw1 said:

:13: Want to expound on that Mike? (I'm a Mike too btw, like about half the men our age LOL)

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I was bemoaning yet another Rangers beatdown of the Ms last evening and my Mrs. said something to the effect of why Northwest sports teams suck so often and I replied with "it's different now for the Seahawks. They WILL win a Super Bowl within the next 3-4 years". She's heard me say that before and asked "Does Wilson make that much difference?". "Yes hon, yes he does". "Why?". "Because QB really is THAT important in football. And besides, he has the intangibles all the great ones have. I can see it in his eyes and I'm not alone".

Yes, what a difference a year makes.

grizbob

Reaction score
JSeahawks":ocg6le4o said:
grizbob":ocg6le4o said:

Nick named griz, then the Waltons happened, you know... Joe Bob , Jim Bob and so on :mrgreen:

The Radish

Reaction score
grizbob":3putoxij said:
JSeahawks":3putoxij said:
grizbob":3putoxij said:

Nick named griz, then the Waltons happened, you know... Joe Bob , Jim Bob and so on :mrgreen:

So your name is Mike Bob then?

:lol:

Steve2222

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":8lmmc00a said:
I was bemoaning yet another Rangers beatdown of the Ms last evening and my Mrs. said something to the effect of why Northwest sports teams suck so often and I replied with "it's different now for the Seahawks. They WILL win a Super Bowl within the next 3-4 years". She's heard me say that before and asked "Does Wilson make that much difference?". "Yes hon, yes he does". "Why?". "Because QB really is THAT important in football. And besides, he has the intangibles all the great ones have. I can see it in his eyes and I'm not alone".

Yes, what a difference a year makes.

You're being a little modest with 3-4 years. Try 1-2 years.

He'll retire with 3+ Super Bowls. And Im not joking.

Cartire

Reaction score
Im worried that our crazy (justified) hubris might be setting us up for a crazy let down. As amazing as Wilson is, any given sunday is still a legit term for a reason. I look at the schedule, and I see 12 easy wins for us. But then I think back to last year, and I say, if I was making the same predictions this year, on last years schedule, Lions, Dolphins, Cardinals, Rams would have all been guaranteed wins. But you saw what happened.

All i have been doing the last couple months is following ESPN, NFL.com, Seahawks.net, /sp/, twitter and any other outlet there is on a daily basis. I easily spend 4+ hours a day reading up on all things NFL (primarily hawks if anything has changed). I would hate to have all this invested time be crushed this season on a major let down. I know its a horrible thing to talk about, but it does linger in my mind.

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
The only thing that even slightly worries me, my expectations.
Last season i just wanted the team to get stable at the QB position and get consistent and solid.
They far exceeded that, to the point that i thought they could make and win the superbowl.
Now my expectations are sky high. Thats what worries me.
last season the only way i could of been let down would of been going defeated or only winning like 2 or 3 games.
Now...i honestly feel like anything not the superbowl will feel like a disappointment in the end.
I will enjoy every game and the ride in general...not the superbowl when looking back on the season will feel like a disappointment with the feeling around this team right now.

sutz

Reaction score
Last year, we were over skeptical.

This year, we're over confident.

;)

Cartire

Reaction score
sutz":3d68dy33 said:
Last year, we were over skeptical.

This year, we're over confident.

;)

pretty much sums it up for me

GOSeahawks

Reaction score
I think I'm over confident but the hawks are poised to deliver. It is my belief that they may not run the table, but they will keep up with my insatiable optimism!

Hawks46

Reaction score
Being a long time Hawks fan, I get scared about expectations. It's like, when we expect the team to be crappy, they fight and surprise us. Going into a year with high expetations usually ends up disappointing us big time.

I almost feel like if I expect too much, I'm jinxing my Hawks and causing a downward spiral.

This year feels different from any other year. It's not just homerism, as the entire league has taken notice and we're getting unprecedented amounts of publicity. Hell, half of the pundits in '05 that gave us any chance had us as "dark horses". It scares me. In a good way.