Mike Mccarthy

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I would say the Cowboys have as much, or more, talent on their team as the Packers.

I’d bet Jerry Jones would agree.

Hotchy

Reaction score
McCarthy utilize offenses well. I’m down.

The one where a one in a hundred onsides recovery and bizarre two point conversion saved us? I would say that game was a great example of why MM would be a decent choice. They came to town and out game planned the piss out of Pete.
We couldn't stop them, and McCarthy starts going into his clock-kill mode with unimaginable run plays. I've seen it many times with his Packer teams over the years. All he is is a big name. He's had teams with tons of talent. Plus, why should we hire an old retread that's been fired twice? There's gotta be new, better options out there

knownone

Reaction score
The Cowboy's issue is also Dak. He's proven time and time again that the big moments are always too big for him. You could see it on his face after that first interception. He was rattled. He just needed to settle in and find his rhythm. But instead, he forces a throw on 2nd and 2 (in scoring range), and the pick-six all but seals the game. Dallas could have received the ball down 13 after half-time. Instead, it's 27-7, and they were lucky to get that 7.

McCarthy is similar to Holmgren. He's not changing what he does week-to-week. And I think that style is susceptible to getting blindsided by teams that do change their tendencies. You are essentially always reacting to the other team early in games. He's still a great coach, and we'd be lucky to get someone of his caliber.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Sarcasm? It needs to be. Choke McCarthy? Holy hell.........NO
Super bowl winning coach with 3 straight 12 win seasons! Everyone said this about Andy Reid when he was fired from Philly and guess what? Two SBs! MM could be the next Andy!

hoxrox

Reaction score
I would say the Cowboys have as much, or more, talent on their team as the Packers.

I’d bet Jerry Jones would agree.
Dallas 7 Probowlers. Packers 0.

Also they are the second most penalized team in the league. Avg 6.7 penalties per game. If you want a disciplined team, McCarthy is not your guy.

toffee

Reaction score
Some might show concern with McCarthy couldn't win multiple super bowls with a QB like Aaron Rodgers?

Fade

Reaction score
Really mcarthy? I would rather hire a high school coach over him.

I'd rather have a Junior High Girl's Volleyball coach over McCarthy.

The Packers and Cowboys are 2 of the best drafting teams in the NFL. He has rode that to very good regular season records. In the playoffs? He's better than Pete, been to an NFCCG more recently, but is still ass overall.

Mick063

Reaction score
Forest Gump is a great motivator of men, he actually played the game, and he is a self-made millionaire. I thought I might as well hop onboard the ridiculous train. How am I doing?

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
This is proof what a great hire he would have been. Jerry keeping him because he knows football