Mike Mccarthy

Fade

Reaction score
Today was the first time in NFL history that the #2 seed lost to the #7 seed.
Even worse, it was as total ass-kicking.
A successful season according to some. 12 regular season wins is the important bit.

They are totally off of their rockers, but some are content with mediocrity.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
A successful season according to some. 12 regular season wins is the important bit.

Some would be happy with that outcome every single season for some reason.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with you. My problem was with your post. You made a reasonable observation, took a critical stance against it, then—in the same paragraph—did the same thing you were being critical of: "Man I really hope the discourse on this board doesn't continue down this us vs them path.... Both of these debates have valid points/criticisms on both sides. Anyone who can't see that is being goofy."

If you are going to constantly place yourself in the center as the voice of reason, you should, at the very least, stop referring to people who may disagree with your perspective as goofy—you know, that us-vs-them rhetoric.

No I did not and you know it. I literally said those that disagree with me have valid reasons too. I said people claiming the other side of these debates is stupid or less of a fan or whatever are being goofy with the goal of trying to get discourse back on track instead of this constant fighting. I specifically highlighted those that don’t agree as being reasonable and you’re making the claim that I’m saying those who don’t agree with ME is being goofy? At least try to hide it. You’re flat out wrong here and should own it.

Raifers

Reaction score
Why do posters want recycled coaches?

Who are the best coaches in the NFL? They all came out of nowhere when hired. McVay, Shanahan, Demeco Ryans, Mike McDaniel, etc.

Hiring McCarthy or Quinn would probably be similar to Washington hiring Rivera.
And only one of them has won a Super Bowl (so far) I don’t think many of those names mentioned really came out of nowhere. Demeco was talked about being a HC due to what he did with the niners defense. In no way was that out of nowhere. So far McVays trajectory is like PC after the Super Bowl. Well worse, he didn’t even make it to the playoffs after his win. McDaniel? He didn’t come out of nowhere either, but like PC lately, make it to get bounced first round.

Hiring MM? No thanks. If pundits are ok and/or calling for his firing, I hope those same pundits weren’t shocked by PCs dismissal.

DQ is still my choice because players relate to him and want to play for him. Unless that changed after their playoff loss 😂, but that is a similar trait to what Demeco had (if I recall correctly)

Boycie

Reaction score
Man I really hope the discourse on this board doesn’t continue down this us vs them path. It’s truly ok if people wanted to keep Pete or move on from Pete or like Geno or don’t like Geno. The fact these two hot topics are so evenly split and you guys acting like those who disagree are crazy or stupid should tell you something. Both of these debates have valid points/criticisms on both sides. Anyone who can’t see that is being goofy not those that disagree. This isn’t directed at any one person but your comment made me want to bring this up again.
The definition of insanity! That was Pete for the last few years. It was time to move on!

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I think y'all are full of it. I'm not "high" on McCarthy, but he did win a superb owl. I think his problems are in large part due to Dak, and having to work under Jerruh.

I don't think McCarthy would be a bad hire. I prefer someone else, but I'd be willing to give it a chance, if he were the hire.

TBH, Dann Quinn is probably at the very bottom of my list, I really don't want him, but even he, I'd give a chance to. (By chance I mean 1-2 seasons to show some life.)

RiverDog

Reaction score
Why do posters want recycled coaches?

Who are the best coaches in the NFL? They all came out of nowhere when hired. McVay, Shanahan, Demeco Ryans, Mike McDaniel, etc.

Hiring McCarthy or Quinn would probably be similar to Washington hiring Rivera.
You overlooked Andy Reid. He was a recycled coach. Belichick and Pete were also recycled coaches.

I'm not saying that we should hire McCarthy or any other 'recycled coach'. I'm just saying that a previous failed stint shouldn't necessarily be a deal breaker.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
"Anyone who disagrees with me is insane"
Great way to have mature discussion. You misrepresent peoples argument and are intentionally rude which is no fun

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Boy, now that would be interesting. A fiercely independent coach like Harbaugh and the most intrusive owner in the history of the game next to Al Davis?
I think Harbaugh goes to the Chargers. He is interviewing there today.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
I think Seattle goes with a relative unknown for HC. One with a track record of success, but not on the media's radar.

Fade

Reaction score
"Anyone who disagrees with me is insane"
Great way to have mature discussion. You misrepresent peoples argument and are intentionally rude which is no fun
I challenge you to find a national pundit, former Cowboys player, or Cowboys fan that thought the Cowboys had a successful season after this playoff loss and they would be crazy to let McCarthy go.

Just find me 1.

Latest posts