Mike Mccarthy

OLYhawks

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Welshers/Welshers2/Welshers(fill in future number here) doesn't actually believe anything they post, and just looks to see what type of chaos can be sown amongst the board. Which, if true, is genius.
This is what you deem as genius!? Yikes!

Ozzy

Reaction score
Funny part is he can have a better track record than the majority of the board just by taking contrarian viewpoints

Man I really hope the discourse on this board doesn’t continue down this us vs them path. It’s truly ok if people wanted to keep Pete or move on from Pete or like Geno or don’t like Geno. The fact these two hot topics are so evenly split and you guys acting like those who disagree are crazy or stupid should tell you something. Both of these debates have valid points/criticisms on both sides. Anyone who can’t see that is being goofy not those that disagree. This isn’t directed at any one person but your comment made me want to bring this up again.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Man I really hope the discourse on this board doesn’t continue down this us vs them path. It’s truly ok if people wanted to keep Pete or move on from Pete or like Geno or don’t like Geno. The fact these two hot topics are so evenly split and you guys acting like those who disagree are crazy or stupid should tell you something. Both of these debates have valid points/criticisms on both sides. Anyone who can’t see that is being goofy not those that disagree. This isn’t directed at any one person but your comment made me want to bring this up again.
Well technically it's been going on for years..more so after the Russ split. At least for the next few years everything that will happen will be compared to what Pete did here.

strohmin

Reaction score
Yep and I believe it was a gigantic mistake. But now that they've done that I don't think it would be the worst idea in the world to bring in a proven winner offensive guy
It would be a huge mistake to bring in a guy who has been a proven loser in the playoffs for several years now. If you wanted mediocrity, they should have just kept Pete. Why the hell would you knowingly downgrade from Pete to McCarthy?

GemCity

Reaction score
One things for sure, McCarthy and DQ got a bit of a black eye today.

One game doesn’t make/break a coach but sheesh….how disgruntled would a fan base to see either of these two running things for your team?

I still think Quinn is coming to Seattle. I won’t pass judgement. I DO trust JS and without having factual evidence/proof, believe he is the biggest component for this team’s past success. So if he’s onboard, so am I.

But today’s playoff game certainly did NOT help either McCarthy’s reasoning to stay on board (i.e., keep his job) or DQ’s resume.

Dallas was supposed to go a lot farther than that…..

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
One things for sure, McCarthy and DQ got a bit of a black eye today.

One game doesn’t make/break a coach but sheesh….how disgruntled would a fan base to see either of these two running things for your team?

I still think Quinn is coming to Seattle. I won’t pass judgement. I DO trust JS and without having factual evidence/proof, believe he is the biggest component for this team’s past success. So if he’s onboard, so am I.

But today’s playoff game certainly did NOT help either McCarthy’s reasoning to stay on board (i.e., keep his job) or DQ’s resume.

Dallas was supposed to go a lot farther than that…..
Dallas is supposed to win the Super Bowl every year according to some - doesn’t seem to be working out

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
I feel it isn't really isn't a very evenly split topic. The vast majority of this board thinks firing Pete was the right call, which I totally get and have tried to say over and over in my discourse with people that it's totally understandable to feel it was time for Pete to go, I just disagree.

Both sides, including myself, are guilty of being overly passionate and defensive. It's understandable from all sides because I feel for the most part we are all very emotionally invested in this team. I think when we're this passionate about something that both sides get angered by opposing viewpoints. Which is unfortunate.

I will say I have always been able to have great discussions with you even though we disagree on things, which I appreciate.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I feel it isn't really isn't a very evenly split topic. The vast majority of this board thinks firing Pete was the right call, which I totally get and have tried to say over and over in my discourse with people that it's totally understandable to feel it was time for Pete to go, I just disagree.

Both sides, including myself, are guilty of being overly passionate and defensive. It's understandable from all sides because I feel for the most part we are all very emotionally invested in this team. I think when we're this passionate about something that both sides get angered by opposing viewpoints. Which is unfortunate.

I will say I have always been able to have great discussions with you even though we disagree on things, which I appreciate.

Likewise and I’m guilty of it at times too. You make some good points and for sure we’re all going to get a little passionate at times lol. I enjoy all of you guys even if it doesn’t seem like it at times.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
This is satire right?
At least Mccarthy is an offensive guy. Why fire Pete if we're gonna get DQ, basically just the same as him but with a less proven track record as a HC? I disagree with firing Pete but if you're gonna do it then go get an offensive guy at least. Don't fire him to get the same thing, at least that's my thinking.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
At least Mccarthy is an offensive guy. Why fire Pete if we're gonna get DQ, basically just the same as him but with a less proven track record as a HC? I disagree with firing Pete but if you're gonna do it then go get an offensive guy at least. Don't fire him to get the same thing, at least that's my thinking.
And I wouldn’t fire Pete to get someone worse. That’s my thinking.

Rat

Reaction score
He wouldn't be the worst hire, but I feel like if we were going to hire someone like him, we should have just kept Pete.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
This is why I hate relativism. Not all viewpoints are equal. Yes, we should respect someone's right to express an opinion. That doesn't mean both views are equally valid. And it doesn't mean we shouldn't point out bad arguments/criticisms when they exist.

Who gets to decide if a view is equally valid?