Mike Mccarthy

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
I mean, Seattle DID just fire that...
Yep and I believe it was a gigantic mistake. But now that they've done that I don't think it would be the worst idea in the world to bring in a proven winner offensive guy

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Welshers/Welshers2/Welshers(fill in future number here) doesn't actually believe anything they post, and just looks to see what type of chaos can be sown amongst the board. Which, if true, is genius.
Funny part is he can have a better track record than the majority of the board just by taking contrarian viewpoints

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Yep people will inevitably freak out but I think he's a very underrated coach

He's Pete Carroll all over again. Had an incredible QB in Green Bay that kept him above water for a long time until he got ran out. He inherited a Dallas team thats good enough to make the playoffs, but nothing once they get there. He's probably going to be let go there too. Again, no thanks.

Reaction score
To be clear - I’m in favor of a total reset and finding an offensive mind to go against McVay and Shanahan twice a year… I hope we go that way. I’m simply pointing out potential scenarios that are hard to ignore

Optimus25

Reaction score
McCarthy utilize offenses well. I’m down.
Good lord NO. If ya think u want McCarthy, go back and watch the Packers choke job against us in that famous nfc championship game. Garbage
The one where a one in a hundred onsides recovery and bizarre two point conversion saved us? I would say that game was a great example of why MM would be a decent choice. They came to town and out game planned the piss out of Pete.

Fade

Reaction score
Yes, Jerry and Cowboys fans are stoked to have Mike McCarthy as their HC going forward. (He's probably getting fired.)

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Bring in McCarthy..Schotty and Quinn as coordinators...do you guys have something against 12 wins every year?

Last edited:

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Wouldn't be the worst hire but as some have said, if we just wanted a proven 'winner' we just dumped a dude with that resume. (My preferences remain Macdonald and Johnson.)

Of course, this would be an offensive guy replacing our defensive guy, so it'd be interesting to go back to that since the last time we had that was Holmgren.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Wouldn't be the worst hire but as some have said, if we just wanted a proven 'winner' we just dumped a dude with that resume. (My preferences remain Macdonald and Johnson.)

Of course, this would be an offensive guy replacing our defensive guy, so it'd be interesting to go back to that since the last time we had that was Holmgren.
This is more or less what I'm saying. It'd be a better hire than dq if you ask me

Fade

Reaction score
I am sure the Packers totally regret letting go of McCarthy. Careful what you wish for.

If McCarthy's reg. season record gives you a boner. You should see Belichick's regular season record. And he has 6x the Super Bowls, where's the clamoring for him?

Latest posts