Michael Penix Jr scouting report

Fox0r

Reaction score
Kid is not good. Did you watch the Apple Cup? Overthrew so many wide open receivers it made me want to vomit. Keep him away from this team.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Kid is not good. Did you watch the Apple Cup? Overthrew so many wide open receivers it made me want to vomit. Keep him away from this team.
LOL incorrect. He's got a legit shot in the NFL.No. 9 Washington (10-2) leads the nation not only in passing but first downs (27.4), third-down conversions (57.06%) and completions of 10 yards or more (182) dude leads entire nation in passing yards. Put the bong down.

Last edited:

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Everyone here that follows the Huskies should know that Penix is special and probably the best QB to come into the league since Jake Locker at Montlake.
Jake Locker? I will never understand Husky fan’s admiration for this guy. He was never going to be a viable NFL QB. His entire collegiate record sucked ass.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Jake Locker? I will never understand Husky fan’s admiration for this guy. He was never going to be a viable NFL QB. His entire collegiate record sucked ass.
I went to school with Jake Locker at UW and the guy was more or less, a “prototypical QB.”

Good size, running ability, arm strength. It was all there.

Locker may not have been the pro that his combine numbers would say he would become, but he led some pretty bad Husky teams in that Willingham era.

I believe it was, and could have been a lot better if he had a better supporting group at UW. The Titans also thought so too which is why he was drafted by them.

Penix looks to be better than Locker, Price, Browning and definitely Eason.

sutz

Reaction score
Perhaps, but if he can duplicate what he did this year and improve on it, his draft stock will rise.

Late add: ...and it's not all about the money some times.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Penix decides to stay another year. Won't be in the draft this year.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
His draft stock wasn't going to be bad this year.
He wants a Championship.
He can still improve on his touch and get stronger.
Crap..Did he just say "Let's Ride"..

Chuckwow

Reaction score
His draft stock wasn't going to be bad this year.
He wants a Championship.
He can still improve on his touch and get stronger.
Crap..Did he just say "Let's Ride"..
I was stunned when I saw that! My first reaction was that he was being sarcastic but he is way too respectful for that. Turns out the caption was inaccurate and he actually said " we're rollin" IIRC. It was very late when I watched his video last night, but he didn't say "let's ride" whew. As of now, he's the antithesis of that guy.

I can only assume the Dub is now busting out the big bucks in NIL. Never thought I'd see that. It's quite possible Penix could have went in the 1st. More than one publications had him going 14 to Indy. As others have pointed out, he has been hurt a lot. ACL tears. He's a bright kid and I genuinely sense DeBoer cares for his players. Like enough to let them go. So this has to be BIG money and a BIG insurance policy that kept him at the greatest setting. And I couldn't/t be happier with this development.

I bleed purple and I've probably not missed a game in 40+ years. If Grubb, DeBoer and Penix can build on what they started this past year, it's possible the kid could become our greatest QB ever. Which is saying something considering we've probably put 20+
QBs in the NFL. Christmas came early at Montlake. Go Dawgs!

Chuckwow

Reaction score
We got some Dawgs in here! I don't think this is worthy of it's own thread, so piggy backing on this one, I'm curious as to your opinions on Sam Huard (?). I've seen many on Twitter suggesting he's about to portal. But I'm thinking...not so fast. Sam is obviously a legacy Dawg. And watching him in warm ups for two years now (including of course the poor kid being thrown to the Cougs last year) I didn't feel he was ready to take over.

It's easy to say "no sh*t, he couldn't beat out Morris" and your point would trump all others...but will he bail? He's a local kid and for obvious reasons grew up worshipping the Dawgs. Uncle was a Dawg, dad was a Dawg, but he's going to go play somewhere else? I don't see it and Damon has been very supportive about him sitting. With that, I think the plan is for him to sit again behind Penix. No shame in that. Then challenge for the 1 spot in 2024. That would give him two years of eligibility remaining and FCS, IF he's not ready and can't beat out Morris (etc) by 2024? Football isn't in his future. What do you guys think?

Chevy

Reaction score
We got some Dawgs in here! I don't think this is worthy of it's own thread, so piggy backing on this one, I'm curious as to your opinions on Sam Huard (?). I've seen many on Twitter suggesting he's about to portal. But I'm thinking...not so fast. Sam is obviously a legacy Dawg. And watching him in warm ups for two years now (including of course the poor kid being thrown to the Cougs last year) I didn't feel he was ready to take over.

It's easy to say "no sh*t, he couldn't beat out Morris" and your point would trump all others...but will he bail? He's a local kid and for obvious reasons grew up worshipping the Dawgs. Uncle was a Dawg, dad was a Dawg, but he's going to go play somewhere else? I don't see it and Damon has been very supportive about him sitting. With that, I think the plan is for him to sit again behind Penix. No shame in that. Then challenge for the 1 spot in 2024. That would give him two years of eligibility remaining and FCS, IF he's not ready and can't beat out Morris (etc) by 2024? Football isn't in his future. What do you guys think?
If he wants to play, then he should transfer to a school that gives him a better opportunity to start. Colorado????

Chuckwow

Reaction score
Shedeur Sanders, the son of Colorado's new coach, will start @ QB for the Buffs. By all accounts a legit superstar in the making. Let's hope he's as humble as his dad.

USC and UCLA leaving at just the wrong time. The Pac is about to get real lively and bound to attract more attention than recent years past. And I hope the door hits them in the ass. Good riddance to both. Take the D**ks with ya.

* I should say that this defection aside, I have nothing against the Bruins. TBH, I wish they'd stay.

Last edited:

Latest posts