METCALF

rcaido

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3hy02kfu said:
Yeah, let's trade one of the best WR's in football. That makes a ton of sense.

Do you think Metcalf is worth $24million a year? DeAndre Hopkins is getting 28million next year, this year 25million.

hangumhi

Reaction score
Trade him. How can someone put him in elite categories when most of his stats are second best on the team behind Tyler? Skills players are much easier to come by than a great o lineman or a great qb. Spend the money on your line and save your money on skills players. My 2 cents.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Wilson the explorer of options...just needs to find better ways to get this guy the ball. It doesn't always have to be down the sideline or over his head by 5ft. I agree with utilizing the short game and let Metcalf get the yac yards. He is a beast let him do the work.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
When we lose Wilson, DK (if here) will probably be our best player.

But without a QB he becomes significantly less valuable.

Not sure there is a right move or upside here.

DK is stellar but flawed. Giant and fast, but physical at the wrong times (not sure why)

And still does not have consistently top-tier hands.

He is an amazing luxury if you can afford it. But without a QB it makes no sense.

He is an incredible weapon with the right coach and right QB. We probably have not much more time with Wilson so committing to spend $20M + for WR that will block some Pete's dinosaur run game? Zero sense.

The bummer is that without Wilson, and DK likely next to go, who the H on the roster is even that exciting? I guess Lockett becomes our best player? (not sure how that works with no QB...but whatever)

chris98251

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":23zefrd1 said:
When we lose Wilson, DK (if here) will probably be our best player.

But without a QB he becomes significantly less valuable.

Not sure there is a right move or upside here.

DK is stellar but flawed. Giant and fast, but physical at the wrong times (not sure why)

And still does not have consistently top-tier hands.

He is an amazing luxury if you can afford it. But without a QB it makes no sense.

He is an incredible weapon with the right coach and right QB. We probably have not much more time with Wilson so committing to spend $20M + for WR that will block some Pete's dinosaur run game? Zero sense.

The bummer is that without Wilson, and DK likely next to go, who the H on the roster is even that exciting? I guess Lockett becomes our best player? (not sure how that works with no QB...but whatever)

Lockett and Metcalf, Penny?

They are pieces to bring in a QB if you want a F.A., and keep going.

massari

Reaction score
I'm sure if the Hawks can sign Christian Kirk, OBJ or Chark for half of what it's going to cost to sign Metcalf, they'll gladly take a couple high draft picks for him. Invest the money saved into the OL/DL.

All three of those WRs are projected to sign for around $12M APY.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
massari":o7ulea8m said:
I'm sure if the Hawks can sign Christian Kirk, OBJ or Chark for half of what it's going to cost to sign Metcalf, they'll gladly take a couple high draft picks for him. Invest the money saved into the OL/DL.

I'd take Mike Williams over any of those options

massari

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3abxtqze said:
massari":3abxtqze said:

He's projected by PFF to make a lot more than those guys. Would still trade Metcalf to add him and two high picks, though I'd rather have Kirk, OBJ or Chark for cheaper.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I like Mike Williams too, even if you paid him $15M to DK's $20Mil we could get at Least one High 1st for DK if not a few more high picks.

It is almost the opposite of trading for Jamal Adams.

Mizak

Reaction score
Cyrus12":dah4nin4 said:
massari":dah4nin4 said:

How bout Davante Adams, who’s a free agent after the season ends? Lockett, DK, Adams. Mismatch problems for any opposing defense.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Mizak":3r26k1ky said:
Cyrus12":3r26k1ky said:
massari":3r26k1ky said:

How bout Davante Adams, who’s a free agent after the season ends? Lockett, DK, Adams. Mismatch problems for any opposing defense.
I think Adams gets franchised

rcaido

Reaction score
This is what im saying...Allen Robinson or Mike Williams plus you get draft picks. No brainer.

A-Dog

Reaction score
You trade him on one condition: You use a very large chunk of cap space to bring a ready-made replacement in free agency.

You can give a $20M contract to Metcalf OR you can give a $20M contract to another player and get, say, a very high first round pick in return.

The WR class isn't nearly as strong as it has been for the past couple of years. For the sake of argument, suppose we can trade D.K. to a team with a glaring need at WR - Let's say Jacksonville is looking for a weapon for . Maybe they take D.K. and our 2nd rounder for the #1 pick in the draft. At the same time you have a deal lined up to make Davante Adams the highest paid receiver in the league.

Then you draft Kayvon Thibodeaux or Aiden Hutchinson to help address the pass rush - our #1 need according to Pete.

If not Jacksonville, other teams in the top 5 are also likely looking to trade down due to the lack of offensive skill position players at the top of the draft. And if not Davante Adams, there are some other top receivers available on the open market.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Why would it matter who we have at WR?

We likely won't have a QB past this year.

By the time we get another one, whatever WRs on the roster now will be gone.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Metcalf is probably one of the main reasons the Seattle offense is watchable.

Metcalf is best one-on-one player the Seahawks have right now!

What I mean by that is, it’s WR vs DB, or LT vs DE, or LB vs RB, I think odds are DK has the greatest odds to beat his man one on one that Seahawks have.

Wagner is getting older, his speed is not there as much.

Brooks is still adding his experience.

Any lineman Seattle has is not as high of odds to beat the man in front of him.

DK vs Jalen Ramsey if the QB has to throw, I would take DK as the best matchup over any other matchups.

Would Duane Brown beat Chandler Jones/TJ Watt/Nick Bosa over DK matching up with Ramsey?

Would Wagner be able to stop Derrick Henry one-on-one?

I’ll take DK as the most fascinating matchup!

I think DK beats Ramsey 50 percent of the time against Ramsey and splits. That’s a great matchup odds!

Honorable mention: Diggs vs the QB

chris98251

Reaction score
Oh looks like Joe Montana is getting ready to leave, lets trade Jerry Rice and Ricky Watters for draft picks.

nwHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1c343j9j said:
Oh looks like Joe Montana is getting ready to leave, lets trade Jerry Rice and Ricky Watters for draft picks.

Good call. And if Russ stays, the bigger question is what type of WR does Russ need to be successful (outside of Lockett or Angry Doug). If we bring in another team’s stud WR there’s no guarantee it’ll work here. Ask Jimmy Graham!

toffee

Reaction score
John63":1k0ogtfm said:

What if Metcalf has so much love, admiration and bromance for Russ that he wants to follow Russ wherever Russ's explore opportunity leads him? With that, Metcalf could request a trade or sit out a season if he couldn't follow Russ? Wouldn't be surprise Metcalf is with Russ in the exploration process, and go as a package.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
How about we trade him to the Rams and then he can humiliate us twice a year?

irfuben32

Reaction score
I don't want to trade Metcalf, but the failure to maximize his talent has been frustrating. We need to make some deep playoff runs on his rookie deal. We have one year left.