Media gives Lynch Booth/Podium

volsunghawk

Reaction score
idahawks":sncse1yb said:
Riley12":sncse1yb said:
idahawks":sncse1yb said:
The first time he did this I thought it was funny but now its getting old. He's acting like a 10 yr old. And he's really pissing off the media. If he so much as jaywalks in the next 10 years they will gladly hang him.

There isn't an eyeroll emoji big enough for my response to this post.

Marshawn was VERY upfront about what he was going to do from the beginning of his appearance. It was the gathered media who are and continue to be the fools in his game.

Here - you and all other calling Marshawn's deliberate, genius act "10 year old", need to read this excellent article.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2344 ... over-media
OK read it. I don't think they should make him show up for hours and answer stupid questions and the author is right media days is a waste of time. I'd rather have marshawn getting mentally and physically prepared for the game than answering stupid questions and giving pat answers to avoid controversy. Immediately after games most fans like to hear players responses, I can see why NFL requires players to address the media immediately after a game. This Super Bowl media hype is annoying and the players should be focusing on the game.

Lynch is a great running back, and tremendous all around athlete. He has strength speed an agility that few men posses. I love having him on our team and do not want him to leave. On his TD run last week and the 3 runs he had before you could see beast mode wanting to come out. He wanted to do something amazing and great and was not going to let any one stop him. However, I don't see any genius in his media antics. Wilson and Sherman seem to mostly stay out of trouble with the media, come across and intelligent and use the interactions to create future endorsement deals (money). Lynch's media antics border on juvenile immaturity-"that's what you are but what am I?"

Lynch's "media antics" would end immediately the moment reporters finally realize they're not going to get anything from him unless and until he trusts them. Notice that he'll still sit down and do some interviews with certain folks. But the media throng will continue to get nothing, and there's nothing childish about that. Maybe instead of them continuing to hound Lynch and getting nothing, they could go talk to, say, Ricardo Lockette? You know he loves the camera. Or maybe an unsung roleplayer like Tukuafu? Is the sports media being childish because they continue to go try to get quotes from a guy they KNOW doesn't like the media and refuses to talk to them?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Lynch and the media are playing a game of chicken.

The media, unfortunately, don't realize that they're the only ones with anything to lose.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Maybe instead of them continuing to hound Lynch and getting nothing, they could go talk to, say, Ricardo Lockette? You know he loves the camera. Or maybe an unsung roleplayer like Tukuafu? Is the sports media being childish because they continue to go try to get quotes from a guy they KNOW doesn't like the media and refuses to talk to them?
But that would require some intelligence and maybe a little work!!!! :sarcasm_on:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2p4pg40p said:
Lynch's "media antics" would end immediately the moment reporters finally realize they're not going to get anything from him unless and until he trusts them. Notice that he'll still sit down and do some interviews with certain folks. But the media throng will continue to get nothing, and there's nothing childish about that. Maybe instead of them continuing to hound Lynch and getting nothing, they could go talk to, say, Ricardo Lockette? You know he loves the camera. Or maybe an unsung roleplayer like Tukuafu? Is the sports media being childish because they continue to go try to get quotes from a guy they KNOW doesn't like the media and refuses to talk to them?

Get out of here with this crazy notion that 52 other players are on the team and would likely be more willing to talk to a media member than Marshawn Lynch

Oh wait.. that actually is 100% correct and for some reason these media idiots like Prisco and Hubbach cant get that through their thick skulls

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3a349hul said:
volsunghawk":3a349hul said:

Get out of here with this crazy notion that 52 other players are on the team and would likely be more willing to talk to a media member than Marshawn Lynch

Oh wait.. that actually is 100% correct and for some reason these media idiots like Prisco and Hubbach cant get that through their thick skulls

they understand it but bullies dont care. they bully. that is what they do when they do not get what they want.

idahawks

Reaction score
volsunghawk":lyc970x8 said:
idahawks":lyc970x8 said:
Riley12":lyc970x8 said:
idahawks":lyc970x8 said:
. Maybe instead of them continuing to hound Lynch and getting nothing, they could go talk to, say, Ricardo Lockette? You know he loves the camera. Or maybe an unsung roleplayer like Tukuafu? Is the sports media being childish because they continue to go try to get quotes from a guy they KNOW doesn't like the media and refuses to talk to them?

Good point with Lockette. Great player very under rated always there coming through in a clutch situation when you don't expect it. I especially like him on special teams. Lately I've been considering getting a Lockette jersey. No one else would have one and only true Seahawks fans would know who he is.

dunceface

Reaction score
volsunghawk":9rhz4u5g said:
idahawks":9rhz4u5g said:
Riley12":9rhz4u5g said:
idahawks":9rhz4u5g said:
The first time he did this I thought it was funny but now its getting old. He's acting like a 10 yr old. And he's really pissing off the media. If he so much as jaywalks in the next 10 years they will gladly hang him.

There isn't an eyeroll emoji big enough for my response to this post.

Marshawn was VERY upfront about what he was going to do from the beginning of his appearance. It was the gathered media who are and continue to be the fools in his game.

Here - you and all other calling Marshawn's deliberate, genius act "10 year old", need to read this excellent article.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2344 ... over-media
OK read it. I don't think they should make him show up for hours and answer stupid questions and the author is right media days is a waste of time. I'd rather have marshawn getting mentally and physically prepared for the game than answering stupid questions and giving pat answers to avoid controversy. Immediately after games most fans like to hear players responses, I can see why NFL requires players to address the media immediately after a game. This Super Bowl media hype is annoying and the players should be focusing on the game.

Lynch is a great running back, and tremendous all around athlete. He has strength speed an agility that few men posses. I love having him on our team and do not want him to leave. On his TD run last week and the 3 runs he had before you could see beast mode wanting to come out. He wanted to do something amazing and great and was not going to let any one stop him. However, I don't see any genius in his media antics. Wilson and Sherman seem to mostly stay out of trouble with the media, come across and intelligent and use the interactions to create future endorsement deals (money). Lynch's media antics border on juvenile immaturity-"that's what you are but what am I?"

^^^^^^this

Msfann

Reaction score
I said this on another forum but Lynch should just go the Ichiro route and use an interpreter. Ichiro could speak english fine but he didn't want to.

That being said I think he should find an interpreter who speaks Klingon. Do a full interview entirely in Klingon and make those media jerks have to try to figure out what was said.