Marshawn Lynch not expected back next year

2_0_6

Reaction score
It pisses me off on how the media can make a ember into a wild fire in a matter of a week.

endzorn

Reaction score
This is how the media can pop a team apart. I'm calling bullshit. My guess is he was unhappy with his contract, but ESPN sees an opportunity to invent a story so they jump at the chance. When it comes out that there is nothing to see here, ESPN just moves on and Seattles lockerroom is left to deal with the aftermath of more bullshit reporting.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
ndnchapathi69":1gi216nc said:
This could be a good set-up for the return of mike robinson to restore order in the locker room

He is done as a hawk. We need new people to step up as leaders in the locker room.

pehawk

Reaction score
Well, hopefully, Lynch is ready. He was not ready last week, at all. Understandable given the circumstances.

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":mwpdu4ew said:
If they were really that tired of stuff he did last year he wouldn't be there now. See: Percy Harvin.

You'd think that, but the report specifically says that they can't dump him because of the RB situation being what it is after the Coleman IR.

Mort tends to be pretty dependable. As much as I love Lynch, I trust Pete with whatever he decides to do this offseason. Let's not forget that Seattle refused to budge hardly an inch during Lynch's holdout, only conceding a token concession. They've probably had Lynch out of their 2015 plans for a while now.

Lynch had just 14 carries today in a game where Seattle actually got a lot of first downs and executed a decent amount of total plays. 36 passes/scrambles/runs for Wilson compared to just 14 carries for Lynch. Seems like Seattle is definitely going away from a run first team right now, and the Lynch situation could absolutely be a factor in that.

Jbo

Reaction score
That sucks , but hey ,I have to move on !!
I guess I'll have to retire my lynch jerseys
And start wearing my soon to be bought sherman jerseys!
I've always know and loved the Seahawks for their great running backs!

Basis4day

Reaction score
Nothing really new here. Based on his contract it was likely his last year.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":22k6lx9e said:
This type of reporting just reeks of throwing stuff at a wall and seeing what will stick. We all know Lynch is going into the final year of his deal and have expected Michael was brought on to take over for Lynch and that he'd probably never see the final year of his contract. Morr reports this knowing the odds of Lynch being gone anyway are already good and figures he can say later that he is right even if nobody admits to it being factual.

If we wanted Lynch gone we could have dealt him at anytime. This report reeks and I think for me it will likely taint anything he reports from now on
^ yep ^
AND too, if Lynch would be hoping to get another gig with someone else, he'd be a fool to NOT prove his worth while he's still a Seahawk, and that's what throws Mort's credibility for a loop.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
This is the kind of story that could foment problems. It's always important to maintain a healthy level of skepticism when reading any news story, and especially one with an unstated number of unnamed sources. Then you have to consider the timing of the story, immediately before the most critical game of the season.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
You got a lot of camps with various agendas leaking various things since the Harvin trade. You got a national media contingent of vultures hoping to capitalize on the "Seahawks downfall" narrative while it's hot. I'll happily pass out the grains of salt.

None of this stuff matters until it matters. Lynch is still on this team, still getting carries and still making plays. Same with Russell and his teammates. That's all I care about right now.

chris98251

Reaction score
He may have been upset, but I believe this is more about throwing gas on a fire hoping it explodes into something. Media taking liberty with some tidbit of info. It's also ESPN, Eliminate, Seahawks, Playoff, News.

THE TABS

Reaction score
This is old news. It was reported back when Lynch was holding out.

We're going to release him so that we can lock up Russell Wilson and Bobby Wagner.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Yeah, this whole thing is just a bunch nothing, taking obvious facts we already know.
Who knows if Beastmode will be on the team next year? Who knows how many years Lynch has left in the tank, if any?
He's 29, "old" for a running back, especially one with lots of hard miles. What would we really get in trade for him at this point in his career? A conditional 6th round pick?

Lynch is a smart guy, and he and his agent know the most value he has to any team is to the current edition of the Seahawks. He did a smart thing, as I understand it, in getting money moved from next year to this year. Nothing next year is guaranteed.

Pete and John are always planning ahead, always trying to have key guys backed up with waiting-in-the-wings young replacements, and Marshawn is no different. Lynch knows his job is to keep being the best option. Seeing Harvin get dealt was probably unsettling to 'Shawn, not because of his "relationship" with Harvin, but just reinforcing the idea that *nobody* is untouchable, including Lynch, if it came right down to it.

Given all that, Lynch is an emotional and seemingly "moody" at times guy, but on the field, he always brings it. If it takes a week or two to re-screw his head on straight, re-focus, so be it. If it takes longer, we have Turbo and C-Mike to do their best to pick up the slack.

Pete has talked repeatedly about letting "Marshawn be Marshawn". As long as he makes himself the best option by his performance, I would NOT expect that approach to change. The moment Marshawn stops being Beastmode, and is no longer the best option, there are no guarantees for him.

Marshawn is plenty smart enough to know all this, and either his performance reflects it, or it doesn't, in which case he also knows it's "Next man up".

All the national Mediots trying to make something out of nothing just to stir up drama (without particular regard to substance) and get attention and eyeballs. It's their job, literally.

Laloosh

Reaction score
There's video of Marshawn being irritated when Pete was trying to talk to him last year. Nothing new imo except, perhaps, how much they're going to tolerate from Marshawn.

Exittium

Reaction score
olyfan63":8scwhutc said:
Yeah, this whole thing is just a bunch nothing, taking obvious facts we already know.
Who knows if Beastmode will be on the team next year? Who knows how many years Lynch has left in the tank, if any?
He's 29, "old" for a running back, especially one with lots of hard miles. What would we really get in trade for him at this point in his career? A conditional 6th round pick?

Lynch is a smart guy, and he and his agent know the most value he has to any team is to the current edition of the Seahawks. He did a smart thing, as I understand it, in getting money moved from next year to this year. Nothing next year is guaranteed.

Pete and John are always planning ahead, always trying to have key guys backed up with waiting-in-the-wings young replacements, and Marshawn is no different. Lynch knows his job is to keep being the best option. Seeing Harvin get dealt was probably unsettling to 'Shawn, not because of his "relationship" with Harvin, but just reinforcing the idea that *nobody* is untouchable, including Lynch, if it came right down to it.

Given all that, Lynch is an emotional and seemingly "moody" at times guy, but on the field, he always brings it. If it takes a week or two to re-screw his head on straight, re-focus, so be it. If it takes longer, we have Turbo and C-Mike to do their best to pick up the slack.

Pete has talked repeatedly about letting "Marshawn be Marshawn". As long as he makes himself the best option by his performance, I would NOT expect that approach to change. The moment Marshawn stops being Beastmode, and is no longer the best option, there are no guarantees for him.

Marshawn is plenty smart enough to know all this, and either his performance reflects it, or it doesn't, in which case he also knows it's "Next man up".

All the national Mediots trying to make something out of nothing just to stir up drama (without particular regard to substance) and get attention and eyeballs. It's their job, literally.

:th2thumbs: well said, i agree

ivotuk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2h6mpjzs said:
This isn't news. This is the reason Lynch held out before the season: He knew he wouldn't see the money in his deal for next year, so he held out until the Hawks agreed to bump up some of that salary to this year. Because he knew he won't be back next year. It was reported then. Mort is just trying to have a scoop on the heels of the Harvin deal. But we knew this story already.

This is a great post and true except that they bumped his pay up in May. His hold out netted him nothing.

The rumor of him being cut in 2015 started shortly after the SuperB Owl.