Love being the underdogs! According to Vegas.

Rainger

Reaction score
Man I love this. Hawks and PC love to be the underdog. Motivation to all the new and young players. Remember how the team reacted as underdogs in the early PC years. Remember the New Orleans playoff game. This is great. This team will win a lot of those games.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I wouldnt count on any games as sure wins this upcoming season. This team is going to stink.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
I wouldnt count on any games as sure wins this upcoming season. This team is going to stink.
Could not disagree more. The team will not stink and will be better than last year.

No I don't ever count any game as a sure win but unlike others I don't count any game as a sure loss.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
From CBS Sports regarding the schedule.

Winner: Seahawks​

Sure, Russell Wilson could put an immediate damper on their year by trotting back into Seattle in Week 1, but they may benefit from the early reunion more than the Broncos, who are still acclimating to the new QB. Their elite opponents are relatively spread out. They get a bye after their trip to Germany, where they at least get the Buccaneers on a neutral field. And then five of their final seven fall at home. Who knows who will be quarterbacking the Seahawks, but Pete Carroll could help them play spoiler.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Could not disagree more. The team will not stink and will be better than last year.

No I don't ever count any game as a sure win but unlike others I don't count any game as a sure loss.
LOL, this team didn't get better. I liked the draft but this team is now one of the worst in the league.

Own The West

Reaction score
I think we’re going to be a lot better than the pundits think we’ll be because we’re not going to be a one trick pony this year. If defenses come out in two high, we’ll run it down their throat. If they drop a safety down into the box, DK/Locket are going to have lots of room to run.

The mix will give us shorter down and distances, which will get us more 1st downs, improve our time of posession, and make our defense’s job easier.

I think there will be some growing pains because we’re so young, but by week 8 I expect we’ll see the switch starting to flip and nobody is going to want to play us come December.

I’m excited!

CostaRicaHawk

Reaction score
I think we’re going to be a lot better than the pundits think we’ll be because we’re not going to be a one trick pony this year. If defenses come out in two high, we’ll run it down their throat. If they drop a safety down into the box, DK/Locket are going to have lots of room to run.

The mix will give us shorter down and distances, which will get us more 1st downs, improve our time of posession, and make our defense’s job easier.

I think there will be some growing pains because we’re so young, but by week 8 I expect we’ll see the switch starting to flip and nobody is going to want to play us come December.

I’m excited!
Please stop making sense, it is not excepted on this board :]

WarHawks

Reaction score
I think this team is better, or at the very least has the potential to be better, in just about every way now except qb, and even that is debatable given Russ' declining performance the last two years. I don't think that's homerism either. I'm trying to look at it objectively, and I just don't see any glaring holes except for the lack of a franchise qb. As the old saying goes, that's why they play the games...

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I think this team is better, or at the very least has the potential to be better, in just about every way now except qb, and even that is debatable given Russ' declining performance the last two years. I don't think that's homerism either. I'm trying to look at it objectively, and I just don't see any glaring holes except for the lack of a franchise qb. As the old saying goes, that's why they play the games...
Agree, but I also agree that it will take awhile for our new groups to gel. Rooks very seldom come out of the gate ready to roll at a high level. But, I expect our new RB to be one of those few.

GemCity

Reaction score
Perhaps we need an excuse compilation thread? You know, like…”It’s only our third full draft since Russ left” or “new defensive coordinator “, or…

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
I really don't think we are underdogs...
During the last re-build we saw a young "point guard" #3 really blossom. We also had young defensive stars that were drafted or acquired at about the same time. Many of them had the proverbial "chip on my shoulder", but the team was young and worked well together for several years.
I really think that the combination of low cost 1st contracts and the "team feeling" that comes with familiarity creates a "dynasty". That feeling was present back in the "Legion of Boom" days and could come back for this group to bring us another Champion!

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
I really don't think we are underdogs...
During the last re-build we saw a young "point guard" #3 really blossom. We also had young defensive stars that were drafted or acquired at about the same time. Many of them had the proverbial "chip on my shoulder", but the team was young and worked well together for several years.
I really think that the combination of low cost 1st contracts and the "team feeling" that comes with familiarity creates a "dynasty". That feeling was present back in the "Legion of Boom" days and could come back for this group to bring us another Champion!
Well I don't think we are underdogs. But the Betting line is saying we are in all but 4 games. I think they have it wrong. This smells like 2011 all over again. Next year when we draft a QB it will be a replay of 2012.

Hotchy

Reaction score
I can't believe I'm still seeing people so butt hurt about change. If you don't think the trading of Wilson was a positive, it's only because you won't let it be.
We absolutely kicked ass with this last draft. And next season we have 4 picks in the 1st two rounds. If we can pull off another gem next draft the Hawks will be in position for another dominant run for a few years.
It's a cold reality of success. The seahawks bought low and sold high.

Last edited:

GemCity

Reaction score
I can't believe I'm still seeing people so butt hurt about change. If you don't think the trading of Wilson was a positive, it's only because you won't let it be.
We absolutely kicked ass with this last draft. And next season we have 4 picks in the 1st two rounds. If we can pull off another gem next draft the Hawks will be in position for another dominant run for a few years.
It's a cold reality of success. The seahawks bought low and sold high. If they kept Wilson, we'd be around 9 wins and borderline playoffs. And then Wilson either leaves or we would've had to make him the richest man in the nfl and we'd continue to be that 9 win team.
Agree with the statements about the draft. I think this team has potential….in 2024 or 2025.
But to claim we’re going to be better than we were last year. Even more shockingly, to point the finger at Russ?
Most analysts, NFC West defenders and teams, other players, etc. look at Russ as he’s still a top tier QB. Yet, a section of Seattle fans swear he’s done. He’s terrible and the cause of most of the Hawks problems.
Sorry if whoever is reading this doesn’t find that odd. I think it’s crazy.
It’s definitely exciting. They kicked butt in this last draft. The future appears bright.
But this year? It would be wise to keep your expectations to a minimum.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
Agree with the statements about the draft. I think this team has potential….in 2024 or 2025.
But to claim we’re going to be better than we were last year. Even more shockingly, to point the finger at Russ?
Most analysts, NFC West defenders and teams, other players, etc. look at Russ as he’s still a top tier QB. Yet, a section of Seattle fans swear he’s done. He’s terrible and the cause of most of the Hawks problems.
Sorry if whoever is reading this doesn’t find that odd. I think it’s crazy.
It’s definitely exciting. They kicked butt in this last draft. The future appears bright.
But this year? It would be wise to keep your expectations to a minimum.
8 and 9 is a minimum. Name how many games that RW WON by himself ( I can think a couple he was a big factor in the loss) last year and they still got 7 wins against a harder schedule.

I think any "Hawk fan" who is so pessimistic as to not think they have the potential to win 8 or 9 games is certainty a negative, glass half empty person.