Losing Jamal Adams was a killer

keasley45

Reaction score
Three random thoughts ................

In my eyes, the two 1st round picks from the Wuhan/Covid degraded draft classes were nowhere near as valuable as the post pandemic picks. I think that is an important distinction.

I still miss Bam Bam. He was a very special talent.

As long as Jody and John and Pete continue to focus on what people can do, the Seahawks will be in good hands.
This. If we are going to rage against Adams and the FO 'mistake'... ok. But we ditched picks in a draft that was essentially a lost season. They had diminished value, particularly for where we were picking.

AND

We should have been that one player away from making a run. Jamals first season- the one he was brought here for - he put on a clinic. He was exactly what the FO gambled he would be.

It was a lost cause because we had a Me3 offense that shat the bed against good teams consistently that year. You plug in Geno from 2022 into the 2020 Hawks team and we are in the Championship game. No doubt. We finished 12-4 and were last half of the league converting 3rd downs through the air, despite a better than efficient running game and an offense that put a defense on the field at an unsustainable rate.

Had we me our potential the year hecwas brought here, folks would be complaining a lot less about whether or not he was worth it.

And yes, I'm aware he was dinged his first year.

hawks85

Reaction score
Adams is an injury prone machine. Dude would pull a hammy tying his shoes. You can't sit there and say if Adams was healthy and playing that this team would be any better. I have not been impressed with Adams performance here in Seattle. Dude is most likely gone after this year.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Torn labrums are never 100% after surgery. Yes, they are 100% healed, but the risk of re-injury is amplified once it's been torn.

Here's the Dr. that did Trubisky's torn labrum repair.

You guys should get it out of your head that Adam's is going to be anywhere close to what he used to be. He's broken, Quad, two torn labrums, foot, hand, fingers. Dude's a walking medical disaster.

He'll come back and get another injury within a couple games again next, year. Then we'll cut his ass in 2024 when we can get off all his dead cap money.

The End. Don't ever trade two firsts for a safety again. Lesson learned.
I think there is a 50/50 chance Hawks cut Adams in 2023 even though it’s a $20 million dead cap hit depending on the plans and how valuable the roster spot is that he is taking up. Adams is useless in pass coverage and has the hands of an O lineman I would love to hear any ideas on how to use him

I have seen more NFL teams willing to take on dead cap hits

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think there is a 50/50 chance Hawks cut Adams in 2023 even though it’s a $20 million dead cap hit depending on the plans and how valuable the roster spot is that he is taking up. Adams is useless in pass coverage and has the hands of an O lineman I would love to hear any ideas on how to use him

I have seen more NFL teams willing to take on dead cap hits

Why would you cut a guy who has a chance to help your defense, even if it's a low chance and eat 20M?

No team is going to take on 20M of dead cap for a broken player, especially a safety. Neal is proof that you can get competent safeties who aren't broken at just about anywhere in the draft, and anywhere in free agency.

One more year of this nonsense, then he's gone. Hopefully John and Pete learned their lesson.

sutz

Reaction score
Why would you cut a guy who has a chance to help your defense, even if it's a low chance and eat 20M?

No team is going to take on 20M of dead cap for a broken player, especially a safety. Neal is proof that you can get competent safeties who aren't broken at just about anywhere in the draft, and anywhere in free agency.

One more year of this nonsense, then he's gone. Hopefully John and Pete learned their lesson.
Yeah, depending on how he comes out of rehab of course, he gets at least one more shot to play an entire season.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score

Like I said in the post it depends on the Hawks plan if they don’t think they can figure out what to do with him sure as hell can’t play safety which is critical you can cover receivers and can catch. NFL roster spots are valuable sometimes you have to rip off the band aid and call it a day. The Falcons took a $20 million dead cap hit when they traded Matt Ryan to the Colts

If you were PC and you kept Adams what would you do with him? Even if he gains weight he’s too light for LB or play him on special teams where you know he would he hurt

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Like I said in the post it depends on the Hawks plan if they don’t think they can figure out what to do with him sure as hell can’t play safety which is critical you can cover receivers and can catch. NFL roster spots are valuable sometimes you have to rip off the band aid and call it a day. The Falcons took a $20 million dead cap hit when they traded Matt Ryan to the Colts

If you were PC and you kept Adams what would you do with him? Even if he gains weight he’s too light for LB or play him on special teams where you know he would he hurt

QB is different than safety.

What will they do with Adams? Same thing they've done the past three years, throw him out there and wait until he gets hurt, then onto the IR again and kicked to the curb in 2024.

My point is there's no benefit to the team by cutting Adams, you still have to eat the 20M so you might as well hope and pray you can get a couple games out of him before he gets hurt again.

I can tell you one thing, we better be using one of our top 4-5 picks on a safety. Because Diggs is already regressing quickly, and while Neal has played well I'm not sure he's the long term answer at SS. Need someone who hits and makes plays more.