Jamal Adams is a liability in coverage

FloridaSeahawk18

Reaction score
PNW":1o99wh60 said:
When JA was asked about the defensive struggles his reply.......”we need more dogs.” :pukeface:
sounds like a Jim Mora Jr quote on dirtbags. my god what this team has become...

RiverDog

Reaction score
What is amazing to me is that Pete has admitted that they are still trying to figure out how to use Adams. He gave up two #1's, a #4, and a player yet he's still learning how to use him? WTF?

It's that type of thinking that has led me to believe that Pete has lost it.

BASF

Reaction score
RiverDog":1in7zdcn said:
What is amazing to me is that Pete has admitted that they are still trying to figure out how to use Adams. He gave up two #1's, a #4, and a player yet he's still learning how to use him? WTF?

I honestly think that is a nice way of saying that Adams is stuck trying to compensate for the other players who are not playing to their ability. He is a playmaker that is moved out of plays by needing to be elsewhere to cover for others. Imagine Polamalu playing with guys who were not assignment correct and allowing people running free. Polamalu would have looked ridiculous on some of his free lance plays if the others were not able to compensate for where he was vacating.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
BASF":3nmdo8a8 said:
RiverDog":3nmdo8a8 said:

I honestly think that is a nice way of saying that Adams is stuck trying to compensate for the other players who are not playing to their ability. He is a playmaker that is moved out of plays by needing to be elsewhere to cover for others. Imagine Polamalu playing with guys who were not assignment correct and allowing people running free. Polamalu would have looked ridiculous on some of his free lance plays if the others were not able to compensate for where he was vacating.

I could not disagree more. When Troy attacked he got home, he didn't play paddy cake with RB's. He didn't half heart it at the line when engaged. He flew around in the back end lighting people up and taking the ball away. He did everything that people THINK JA does.

All of JA disruptions are literally manufactured by the DC making sure the JA has a free run. Wagner blitz over 100 times last year. Think about that. JA had 9.5 sacks while Bobby blitzed the middle over 100 times.

Kam was 10x better than JA has ever been.

OP
OP
PNW

PNW

Reaction score
JA can’t even hold Polamalu‘s jock strap that’s an awful comparison, Troy could do anything on the field, Adams has had the chance to show he’s been worth two 1st rounders, a 3rd and 17.5 mill a year and so far he’s failed miserably.

BASF

Reaction score
PNW":36usa7ox said:
JA can’t even hold Polamalu‘s jock strap that’s an awful comparison, Troy could do anything on the field, Adams has had the chance to show he’s been worth two 1st rounders, a 3rd and 17.5 mill a year and so far he’s failed miserably.

I did not compare them. I stated that Adams freelances as Polamalu did. I know, the English language is difficult.

OP
OP
PNW

PNW

Reaction score
“Imagine Polamalu playing with guys who were not assignment correct and allowing people running free. Polamalu would have looked ridiculous on some of his free lance plays if the others were not able to compensate for where he was vacating.” Stating this on a thread about Jamal Adams being a liability in coverage is definitely an example where you were trying to compare the two, I got what you were trying to say but it was just an awful example, obviously you need to come up with better examples. No need to throw a fit and attempt insult people claiming they’re illiterate in the English language like you’re 8 years old.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":311bmehs said:
He needs to rush the QB on every play.
He is clearly not a coverage safety. Coaches needs to figure this out and fast.

The coaches, IMO.

SeahawkFrost

Reaction score
One of our worst trades ever, it ranks up there above the Harvin and Jimmy Graham trades as worst ever.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
BASF":3ozf9hz9 said:
PNW":3ozf9hz9 said:

I did not compare them. I stated that Adams freelances as Polamalu did. I know, the English language is difficult.

When Troy "freelanced" he made an impact. JA does not. JA needs others to create opportunities for him. He is nothing more than a role player with large liabilities. He depends on others, he does not create situations for others.

Seymour

Reaction score
PNW":15502dyl said:
When JA was asked about the defensive struggles his reply.......”we need more dogs.” :pukeface:

So next question to JA should be....

"How does the team afford more dogs. when they traded their top picks for 2 years and has the highest paid safety in the league who can't even cover an average TE and is one of the worst rated pass defenders in the league??"

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Seymour":3loq55h8 said:
PNW":3loq55h8 said:

So next question to JA should be....

"How does the team afford more dogs. when they traded their top picks for 2 years and has the highest paid safety in the league who can't even cover an average TE and is one of the worst rated pass defenders in the league??"
The Jets are still laughing at Seattle for making this trade…smh.

hawks85

Reaction score
If I owned the Seahawks Carroll, Norton and the entire defensive staff would be gone. Enough is Enough. I'm not a fan of Adams but he doesn't fit this defense, and how Petey boy and Norton can't ******* see that is mind blowing. They had 10 plus days this week to figure something out and all you give me is a release to a player who hasn't played the last couple of game, GTFOH.

keasley45

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":hvunuc3w said:
Omg. So much of this is not true or fact based. Poor in coverage how? Because the long throw to Jackson had jones played poorly and when Adam's turned to follow him deep or he'd get beat...the ball drops before him way shorter than the route would have gone? It was a bad throw by stafford as much as it was a great play by jackson for adjusting. The td to te...find me a safety In the league who can cover the out route effectively besides Baker and Mathieu. The only truth in this entire thread is he is being utilized incorrectly.

I'm not sure why he had great success last year, so the coaches could only use him exclusively as a safety now. It mind boggling. Just like using effective passer rushers as cover guys in zone. It's stupid. Why is benson mayowa out in the flat or dunlap at that. Why is taylor doing anything, but rushing the passer. Something he was better at in college. Doesnt makensense and all of sudden Adam's is playing deep consistently instead of diggs.

The only thing that is going to fix this team is the coaches adjusting to a different defense. One more suitable for the players they have. Not forcing players to ride or die on zone 3. Ecspecially players who cant cover in the first place. Examples are all of our corners. All of our linebackers are suspect too.

Stop pinning it on one player. You need to get over the whole traded first round picks for him bs. If you cant get over that...you wont be happy as a fan. He isnt going anywhere and is a player you build around.

Thank you. Logical post.

keasley45

Reaction score
They don't need to trade Jamal. The entire defense is worse than it seems because they aren't playing together and to date our TOP isn't being helped by the offense.

When we develop a more balanced offensive attack and the players develop a better collective understanding of the defensive scheme, we will improve. To make an assessment about a player like Jamal or almost anyone else right now, given the state of things is shortsighted.

It's like trying to assess whether the new tires you just dropped big money on for your car are functioning properly when your entire suspension system is in need of repair. The car isn't going to go where you want it if fundamentally the whole system isn't working properly.

Is Jamal Earl Thomas in coverage? No. But if the system is functioning properly, he doesn't need to be.

Fix the system and then evaluate the players.

12th And Loud

Reaction score
keasley45":1b35tav2 said:
They don't need to trade Jamal. The entire defense is worse than it seems because they aren't playing together and to date our TOP isn't being helped by the offense.

When we develop a more balanced offensive attack and the players develop a better collective understanding of the defensive scheme, we will improve. To make an assessment about a player like Jamal or almost anyone else right now, given the state of things is shortsighted.

It's like trying to assess whether the new tires you just dropped big money on for your car are functioning properly when your entire suspension system is in need of repair. The car isn't going to go where you want it if fundamentally the whole system isn't working properly.

Is Jamal Earl Thomas in coverage? No. But if the system is functioning properly, he doesn't need to be.

Fix the system and then evaluate the players.

Jamal needs to be Earl and then some. We gave up two 1sts and a 3rd for him.

Right now our pick is top 5 and we pissed it away. Infuriating.