Lol @ a buddy of mine.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
People always use the Hutchinson selfishness against SA and I find it interesting that it seems the vitriol heads towards the guy who stayed instead of Hutchitraitor who deserves every bit of vitriol, but for some reason people blame Ruskell for him not wanting to be here.
I carried a lot of hate and anger toward Hutch for a long time. In one week, his story went from "I didn't know the poison pill clause was in there" to "I knew it was there" to "I asked for it to be there." People chided us for criticizing him by saying things like "It's a once-in-a-lifetime offer" -- but it was actually a twice-in-one-week offer, and Hutch just made it so one of those offers was problematic. I actually don't blame Ruskell for that one, because that type of poison pill was unprecedented. Had it not been there, we would have made the same offer, and he'd still have been a Seahawk.

People here lambasted Ruskell for cheaping out, wanting to pay transition tag prices rather than franchise tag prices. I think that was unfair criticism. The transition tag was offered to Hutch as a means of letting him set his market value, which it did. And even with the poison pill language, we could have matched the offer if the &^%$*$ Special Master hadn't determined that the "highest paid lineman" clause only referred to the date the contract was signed. Otherwise, Walt's restructured contract with a throwaway year would have allowed Hutch to be the highest paid lineman on the team, we'd have signed Hutch, and the rest would have been history.

I took some bitter solace at the time from the fact that Hutch went from a state without an income tax to a state with one. I looked it up, and at that time, MN tax on $49M would have been almost $4M. Suck it, Hutch.

Since then, my attitude has softened. The poison pill will always have been a shitty thing to do, but since it happened, we heard stuff about the locker room under Holmgren. I don't remember the specifics, but it seemed at least a little dysfunctional. And I don't blame someone for wanting out of that.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Alexander ran behind one of the top olines in history
You can say whatever you want but Seattle's OLine, before & during our Superb Owl run, was the highest paid in football so it's not like Marshawn was running behind absolute dogsh**.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Your obsession with caps lock doesn't help your argument, just looks like a pathetic keyboard warrior trying to yell.

Never said Alexander was bad, just saying his stats were heavily influenced by one of the best olines in NFL history. Do yourself a favor and look at his stats when Hutchinson left. Went from 5.1 yards/carry to 3.6 in 2006, and 3.5 in 2007. He doesn't get 5 yds/carry behind an average oline no matter how much of his jock you shove in your face.
Don't like it? -> Ignore it or Shove it up your "Pathetic".
I use the caps lock to EMPHESIZE, nothing more...If it bothers you, it's because you have a negative draw on whatever I post....Look, For every single person on this fan-board, there's a different philosophy...Not every Poster or Post is going to jive with ALL who come here to .NET.
I have to say that 'RADISH' before his passing was as about as close to UNDERSTANDING all of the variables in the personalities of posters here, and why he's so fondly remembered.

cymatica

Reaction score
Don't like it? -> Ignore it or Shove it up your "Pathetic".
I use the caps lock to EMPHESIZE, nothing more...If it bothers you, it's because you have a negative draw on whatever I post....Look, For every single person on this fan-board, there's a different philosophy...Not every Poster or Post is going to jive with ALL who come here to .NET.
I have to say that 'RADISH' before his passing was as about as close to UNDERSTANDING all of the variables in the personalities of posters here, and why he's so fondly remembered.
* Emphasize

cymatica

Reaction score
You can say whatever you want but Seattle's OLine, before & during our Superb Owl run, was the highest paid in football so it's not like Marshawn was running behind absolute dogsh**.
Highest paid yes, the best no. It was a good run blocking oline that was overpaid. It was not in the same realm as the early 2000s oline. Lynch had a lot of positive runs that resulted from broken tackles at or behind the LOS

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Seahawks fans should have more understanding than everybody but Broncos fans right now that "individual" numbers don't always tell the whole story on a team sport.

My point was that if Lynch is considered by some as one of the greatest backs of all time, how is Alexander not also considered as he has better stats.