Let's Get This One Thing Straight…

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Any team can vie for a division title if the other teams in the conference fall off a cliff. Seattle is a perfect example of that. The 49ers are going to run away with the division anyways and we both know that, so its all a moot point. As for Pete's success? One measly Super Bowl with that roster? Any coach could have won at least one with that all star team.

Lets just see how far this team goes in the remainder of Pete's tenure. If they ever make it past the second round of the playoffs, i'll eat crow. I highly doubt that is ever going to happen though.
Any team can vie for a division title if the other teams in the conference fall off a cliff. Seattle is a perfect example of that. The 49ers are going to run away with the division anyways and we both know that, so its all a moot point. As for Pete's success? One measly Super Bowl with that roster? Any coach could have won at least one with that all star team.

Lets just see how far this team goes in the remainder of Pete's tenure. If they ever make it past the second round of the playoffs, i'll eat crow. I highly doubt that is ever going to happen though.
“ Any team can vie for a division title if the other teams in the conference fall off a cliff. Seattle is a perfect example of that.” What does that even mean??? So if Seattle wins it all that means the rest of the division/conference sucks. You obviously have an ax to grind agains Pete.

How many coaches besides BB have won more than 1 Super Bowl since Peter took over the Seahawks? I don’t think you have any idea how hard it is to win just one. The organization existed for over 35 years before winning their first one. Now you expect to get there multiple times???

Yes it has been a bit disappointing to get knocked out in the first round but that does not mean the coach should be fired.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
The Rams who took the Seahawks to the brink with probably the worst starting roster the NFL has seen in years? Yeah, awesome job Pete. You barely won a game that you should have won by 50. *applaud*

No, the Rams who followed up their Super Bowl win with a non playoff season

Try and read the thread before commenting please

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Russ had two bad years here after carrying the team for years. Wilson carried the team to playoff appearances and conference titles while the Pro Bowl caliber Geno Smith will be lucky to take the team to a .500 record. The defense has been crap for years now. Russ has done everything Geno has done, but only way better.

He didn't carry the team

He held them back

That much has become crystal clear

Hawkpower

Reaction score

Pete doesn't get credit for Seattle NOT falling off the same cliff?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nah, you should know this by now. Pete is Satan, the team sucks, John sucks, Adams sucks, DK is a diva, Tyler is somehow soft, and everything sucks. All the things.........

NampaHawk

Reaction score

Pittpnthrs - can I fix your statement for you? I think it should have read: Any *QB* could have won at least one with that all star team.

That said - like I posted last week, WHY does this team, and almost the LOB era as well, play down to the competition? I really don't get it....I finally took away from all the discussion from last week that we just don't have the horses yet, it'll get fixed more in the off season....but the Rams are also decimated - so I don't see the reason - I guess I can say it's a rivalry game and that solves it. I think Troy Aikman said a couple of years back when Seattle had all those come from behind wins - something along the lines of: Pete Carroll really loves those types of games and says they're really fun...and Aikman's comment after was...until you start losing them. Not really sure why I'm posting, I guess mostly in frustration, super happy for the win, super happy this team has FAR exceeded expectations, but still frustrated that games that should be dominant wins on paper end up being losses or last minute heroics. Also really glad that Geno got to show everyone he can lead a team at the end for the victory.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
Russ had two bad years here after carrying the team for years. Wilson carried the team to playoff appearances and conference titles while the Pro Bowl caliber Geno Smith will be lucky to take the team to a .500 record. The defense has been crap for years now. Russ has done everything Geno has done, but only way better.
What has become abundantly clear this year is that Wilson wasn't carrying the team, the team was carrying Wilson.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
The Rams who took the Seahawks to the brink with probably the worst starting roster the NFL has seen in years? Yeah, awesome job Pete. You barely won a game that you should have won by 50. *applaud*
Hey PittsburghPanthers, go tell John 63 that he wants you, and if he rejects you, go seek out Twisted or Fade, I'm sure that one of them will provide you with a bosom, or bottom to snuggle up to.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
That's right he's not rebuilding, he's sustaining success. 7-5 after trading away your franchise QB. What coaches have done that? Usually means five years of sub .500 wins.

You think that sustained success means deep playoff runs every year, normal rational fans like the rest of us know that's impossible.

Can I ask how old you are pitt? Or how long you've been rooting for the Hawks? Because your ignorance makes you seems like you're young and/or have no experience of what the Hawks were before Holmgren and Carroll.

Well I remember, and I'd rather not go back to that with a revolving door of bad coaches and GM's.

I'm 53 and have liked the Seahawks since I was 7 years old. How about you?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
He didn't carry the team

He held them back

That much has become crystal clear

This is why you cant debate on this forum. People want to take Wilson's last two seasons here and define his entire career by them.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Pittpnthrs - can I fix your statement for you? I think it should have read: Any *QB* could have won at least one with that all star team.

That said - like I posted last week, WHY does this team, and almost the LOB era as well, play down to the competition? I really don't get it....

With a generational, franchise QB (in which Russ was until a couple years ago), only winning one Super Bowl with the talent they had was a crime.

What dont you get? Carroll purposely tried to keep the games close. Always has. I will agree with you on that point,,,,,I never got it either.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
With a generational, franchise QB (in which Russ was until a couple years ago), only winning one Super Bowl with the talent they had was a crime.

What dont you get? Carroll purposely tried to keep the games close. Always has. I will agree with you on that point,,,,,I never got it either.

So you watch Denver fail to score or do anything on offense, realize our offense had the same struggles quite often under Wilson, and you blame Pete?