Let the Meltdown begin

Hawks46

Reaction score
No meltdown. I expected us to lose, just like I expected the Niners to win and be one game behind us.

Just wish Detroit would've taken care of business.

minormillikin

Reaction score
I am arriving at the acceptance phase of my grieving.

It's clear to me now that there was only one thing that could make this season as good as last, and that is probably not going to happen.

A team is not a uniform, it's fans, or the name of a city. A team is a group of players. When the group changes, the team changes. I can accept that this group is not as good as last year's.

That said, I would enjoy being pleasantly surprised.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Largent80":3bvim0n3 said:
All I see is a lot of HEART from this team. They kept trying hard all game.

I find it very hard to be down after seeing that kind of effort.
I find it quite easy to be down about the result given I predicted as much but what tells me we're done despite my protests are...

1.The schedule
2. Unger's and Mebane's injuries

Wilson is man but with no proper weapons he has no realistic chance with this current defense. I hate when I'm right about these things. Luckily there's always next year. Norwood and Richardson are very good but need a year. Next up would be an actual offensive line before Wilson gets seriously injured. Please fire Bevell and Cable it would help at least somewhat. We have to have an OL that can at least attempt to be decent at Pass Pro the rules now and going forward demand it and Wilson needs it.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Unger went out after I LOST power..so never saw it nor understand what happende.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Largent80":2sokrucn said:
All I see is a lot of HEART from this team. They kept trying hard all game.

I find it very hard to be down after seeing that kind of effort.

Co-sign with you here Rob. They played with a lot of fight today.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":skoye8cl said:
Unger went out after I LOST power..so never saw it nor understand what happende.
It wasn't pretty seeing us trying to score from like a yard out....I assume you figured out what happened yes? He's the linchpin to our OL which dictates what plays we attempt let alone are successful at. Heart and Fight are awesome but without talent or playcalling that takes advantage of that and the situation at hand you still lose. Bevell calls an up the gut play 2+yards out behind a backup while knowing we owned the outside all day long. A simple bootleg or something just not right up the middle was all that was needed (except some dumb screen play that is).

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1cc4tjes said:
Seahawkfan80":1cc4tjes said:
It wasn't pretty seeing us trying to score from like a yard out....I assume you figured out what happened yes? He's the linchpin to our OL which dictates what plays we attempt let alone are successful at. Heart and Fight are awesome but without talent or playcalling that takes advantage of that and the situation at hand you still lose. Bevell calls an up the gut play 2+yards out behind a backup while knowing we owned the outside all day long. A simple bootleg or something just not right up the middle was all that was needed (except some dumb screen play that is).

Sorry no...I did not. What you just wrote...explains it all. I was in chat on my phone for a couple plays..then power in it went down. Thank you for the insight.

gulliver

Reaction score
For those who are unfamiliar with the content of the OP, I'm all-too-familiar with it.

It's called a "moral victory."

I should know. After all, I'm a Coug. Bummer to see my Hawks starting to creep into that territory too.