Last RB to play in all 16 games

zchurch74

Reaction score
With our recent luck I was wondering who was our last RB to start all 16 games. Maybe not start them all but play significant time in all 16 games. I was thinking Marshawn but other then Beast would this go all the way back to Alexander.

TugHawk

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I think it was 2013 Beastmode, no?

RB is a tough position. I just don’t think it’s viable to have one feature bellcow and expect them to play 16 year after year. It’s why the RB by committee has become so popular, and frankly, I really like the committee we have - it’s just unfortunate that both primary backs happened to get injured at the same time. Tough year for RBs. Dalvin Cook, Aaron Jones, Raheem Mostert, Kenyan Drake, Christian McCafrey, Saquon Barkley....all have missed time or been placed on IR.

Hopefully we can keep CC healthy going forward, and especially into January. We’ll need him.

sutz

Reaction score
Yeah, "durable" for an RB these days is more like 13-14 games played, not really 16. If Carson can come back and finish the season, I can say that he's not "injury prone" any more than any other back. I must admit that I don't know how RBs around the league are faring, though.

balakoth

Reaction score
TugHawk":e8vt71u0 said:
I could be wrong, but I think it was 2013 Beastmode, no?

RB is a tough position. I just don’t think it’s viable to have one feature bellcow and expect them to play 16 year after year. It’s why the RB by committee has become so popular, and frankly, I really like the committee we have - it’s just unfortunate that both primary backs happened to get injured at the same time. Tough year for RBs. Dalvin Cook, Aaron Jones, Raheem Mostert, Kenyan Drake, Christian McCafrey, Saquon Barkley....all have missed time or been placed on IR.

Hopefully we can keep CC healthy going forward, and especially into January. We’ll need him.

Technically 2012 too. He just didnt START one game, but still played

OP
OP
zchurch74

zchurch74

Reaction score
We haven’t had a RB by committee make it more them 8 weeks with being injured and missing significant time for a long time. I understand all teams deals with RB injuries but we have been going thru RBs left and right for the last 5 years.

uniform

Reaction score
Chris Carson is playing like Christian Mcaferty , I thought last year he would be a challenge to match or improve on Christian. His 4.5 or whatever it was , was a leading indicator of his skills. We have ever since Steve Hutchinson and Walter Jones, been looking for another excellent left side of the online , or the whole line for that matter.
So how much of Carson's production is from having Duane Brown starting at LT , again we have a really good oline if they are healthy at the same time. So if Carson can play like Christian of last year, staying healthy along with the Oline healthy, Posic , our Center we are in good shape there.

Playoff time is when we are going to have a chance if we are in second place in the division we are going to make a Superbowl run at the end of the year , going into next year.So everything depends on conditioning with our starters. I'm not ruling out the possibility of being in first place in the division. Of course that is the best situation if a few things fall into place for us and we are there with our best possible team. Like when we went 5-0. Perhaps we can make another big run this one going all the way to the Superbowl. Running back by committee is good , I like it maybe it's the future we are seeing now. So I want it. Besides that it's just a matter of staying healthy and some good timing. I love this year.

TypeSly

Reaction score
Feature backs rarely play 16 games, but mostly because teams are smart handling them. They are out because of bumps and bruises, but they're in for the big games and playoffs. Chris Carson would be a HUGE name, if he didn't always get hurt near the end of the season.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I just think the lack of real training camps of the real football era
and real contact practice has a lot to do with the high increase
of injuries..Tough makes tough,I just don't see much of that in
most players of today.I can't say that about RW though but they
are far and few between.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
The answer is Marshawn in 2013 although Carson did just miss 2 starts in 2018.

PNW

Reaction score
IMO it’s not that CC gets injured, obviously all RB get nicked and dinged up during an NFL season but it’s more that his injuries end up being season ending, like the hip last year when Budda Baker popped him. This isn’t his fault obviously but it’s just something I’ve notice. When CC goes down like that for the rest of the year that cripples us for the rest of the season.