Last 3 HC eras, who gives the best pressers?

Over the last 3 Head Coaching eras, which coach have you enjoyed the most in press conferences?

• Mike Holmgren

Votes: 18 27.7%
  • Jim Mora

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Pete Carroll

Votes: 42 64.6%

• Total voters

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
So over the last 13 years and through the last three coaches, who's press conferences do you enjoy the most?

I personally did not watch a lot of Holmgren and Mora, but I really enjoy watching Pete. He seems like a really smart guy who always stays positive and gives credit where credit is due.

CANHawk

Reaction score
In hindsight, jimmy jr's pressers were rather hilarious given how completely and utterly baffled he was as to why be was losing, but at the time i wanted to strangle him with his own belt. No, given the fact i don't ever feel that he urge to commit spontaneous homicide while watching, Pete gets the nod.

Reaction score
I always enjoyed Holmgrens pressers... he was great with the fans came off as a father figure... Pete I love when he come on brock and salk... pressers are ok not bad though.

BWRyan

Reaction score
Man, how the hell is Pete beating out Mike? And by that much?! I like Pete just fine, but there was a wise, grandfatherly tone to Mike when he was here that I always enjoyed.

I gotta think the same people who voted for Pete would also prefer RW3 over Hass in a presser, and that would be complete crazy talk.

kearly

Reaction score
Holmgren.

Pete is great, but like his QB, he's the master of the bland, cautious, cliche filled press conferences. One thing I will give Pete credit for, strangely enough, is his honesty. In every offseason press conference so far, he's told us exactly what he was going to do that offseason and then went out and did it. For a guy who is known to be a bit of a bullshitter during the season, he's actually very cut and dry when the season is over. I really appreciate that. It also shows that he has a lot of faith in his plan that he doesn't need to keep it a total secret.

Shock2k

Reaction score
I like Pete because he will throw a Smarmy comment out if he get's ask a duplicate or bad question. Maybe "smarmy" is to harsh.

The Radish

Reaction score
Pete is great but has had to deal with college media to long and is more low keyed.

I always loved Mike cause he was such a master of the coach "double speak" he left even veteran reporters in the dust.

When I make a list of favorite coaches speaking about a game my favorite will alway be Herman Edwards cause his lack of knowledge, voice, knowledge, prescence, knowledge, tactics, knowledge, always cracked me up.

But tho Pete is great and low key Mike has been the master of all over the years. Hell he's right up there with Vince Lombardi tho I know few of you had the pleasure of his press conferences.

:les:

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
I always love listening to Pete, his rapid fire almost breathless enthusiasm invariably makes me feel they could’ve, should’ve would’ve won no matter what the score was.

But I give, the slight, nod to Mike for endeavoring to answer tough questions as honestly as a head coach can, besides his infamous “I didn’t realize we’d have to play the referees too!” speech at the end of the Superbowl season has to go down as a classic…

What would be really fun to listen to would be Chuck Knox interviewing Russell Wilson…

Knox- “You guys really played the hand you were dealt out there today kid.”

Wilson- “Yes coach, we played hard for 60 minutes and put ourselves into a position to win.”

Knox- “Well, football players win football games.”

Wilson- “That’s right coach, my line was blocking well today, our wide receivers were working hard to get open and Marshawn was running hard all day.”

Knox- “You know, you should always have a plan, and believe in it. Nothing happens by accident.”

Wilson- “So true coach, we had a great week of practice, a great game plan, and executed well.
Go Hawks!”

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
I actually enjoy all three of them, but for different reasons.

Mike Holmgren was so paternal and came across as such a football guru and wise sage that I felt very close and comfortable listening to him. Plus he looks and sounds a lot like my dad did, which I always found interesting.

Jim Mora was frustrating because we were losing, but he actually had more interesting things to say in his pressers than the other two (even if they weren't true or involved throwing people under the bus). I never hated Mora, I just don't think he ever had control of the team or knew what his vision was.

Pete is the cool guy that everyone likes to hang out with and who happens to be a pretty good coach. I'm actually disappointed at times with how little information he gives out in his pressers. He would be a great politician because he manages to say a lot and say nothing at the same time, but you still like the guy. If we were losing, I don't think I'd like Pete's pressers much. But since we're winning, I don't care :)

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
CANHawk":1c8jk9pa said:
In hindsight, jimmy jr's pressers were rather hilarious given how completely and utterly baffled he was as to why be was losing, but at the time i wanted to strangle him with his own belt. No, given the fact i don't ever feel that he urge to commit spontaneous homicide while watching, Pete gets the nod.

Word. In hindsight, Mora's pressers were like a slow-mo comedic train wreck. They're great in the same reason that Harbaugh's pressers are great. But not something you want to see as a part of your current team.

BWRyan":1c8jk9pa said:
Man, how the hell is Pete beating out Mike? And by that much?! I like Pete just fine, but there was a wise, grandfatherly tone to Mike when he was here that I always enjoyed.

I gotta think the same people who voted for Pete would also prefer RW3 over Hass in a presser, and that would be complete crazy talk.

Liked Holmgren's pressers just fine. I think that Carroll's just got a bit more pizzaz, a bit more excitement, no matter the topic. His attitude carries better in pressers, and that makes the difference.

And anyone who would prefer Wilson's pressers over Hasselbecks is flat out crazy. While I think Wilson has a great shot of being a much better quarterback, give me Hasselbeck talking to the media any day of the week and twice on Sunday. He was completely awesome in that regard, above any other player out there.

muxpux

Reaction score
holmys post SB speech gives him the win hands down. petes full of "coach speak" while holmy seemed to backhand at times. pete has the personality, but holmy takes the cake IMO

Latest posts