7-3.

LTH

Reaction score
Aros":32stbbbr said:
Must Win in this context I am referring to is more from the collective team mental side of things, not so much record standings. I get that most folks equate the "Must Win" phrase in regards to mathematical records in regards to post season hopes, but I mean Must Win in the sense of mental health for a team that has been faltering in recent weeks be it Russ, the D, coaching questions, etc. A loss last night would have been catastrophic on an emotional level that could have had repercussions lasting into the rest of the season.

I don't think there is any doubt in this team at all...this is as solid locker room as the NFL has ever had... Russ,Bobby and KJ and the vets on this team are unshakable in there belief and leadership ... which is why they won this game... these guys are really special and worth every penny they get paid IMO... Not taking away from your point that's just my take...

LTH

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Aros":8rt6gqge said:
Hawk-Lock":8rt6gqge said:
This was far from a must win. It obviously helped, but even if we had lost this game, we still make the playoffs and go on a huge run to end the season. This does help us win the division though.

I do not agree. This WAS a must win for the mentality of this team before they go on their easy part of the season. They needed this win emotionally. 6-4, lost 4 of the past 5? Man that is detrimental to the mental makeup to any team. Doubt creeps in, you start to press...Hell yes this was a must win game.
AND, it was also a "Must Win" for me, and MY mental stability, which (according to my wife of 38 years) is pretty much in question :smilingalien:

chris98251

Reaction score
I agree with Aros about the mentality aspect, Wilson was pressing trying to do it all, we at the end of the game against the Rams were the most injured team in the league taking the Mantel from the 49ers, thats scary considering how hurt they are.

We could not get out of our own way.

John and Pete worked magic, we were able to move Lewis to Center, nobody saw that coming I don't care who you are, Hyde got healthy, Ken and Pete found a way to get the Defense united and pulled together and we looked much more aggressive and had a bit of Swag we had been missing, I don't care what you play and which team your on, a defense had to be able to take your heart and then rub a bit of salt in it, be it Base Ball, Basket Ball, Hockey or Football. Does not have to be dirty, but something that makes a offense question what they are doing or doubt themselves from position to position.

That by itself builds confidence and better play going forward.

The shuffle on the O line worked well enough to give us a respected Run game and you could see the difference in how the Cardinals defended us, no more pin the ears back.

A couple of dropped balls from I want to make a move DK before I secure it and this could have got blown open.

He will get better at that I am sure. Meeting room will be merciless to him when they do their revue.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Great threat. We all needed this win. Confidence and momentum are severely undervalued in the NFL. Winning tough division games can bring a struggling team together. Let's face it, this team was struggling. Fans will be fans, and always want to win. Winning feels good. 7-3, and looking up.

FPD

Reaction score
Aros":2ig3zvc5 said:
Absolutely! Although the score was somewhat close, I never really felt the game was ever in doubt.
While I actually thought the Cards would win going into this game, once the game started I felt completely different. The game (the players), especially the defense, had a whole different vibe to me. And like you Todd, after the first few minutes anyway :), I just had a feeling we would beat the Cards, no matter what. I didn't get tense like I do in most close Hawk games. This one was just, well, different!

Go Hawks! :229031_thewave:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
FPD":12hxdd07 said:
Aros":12hxdd07 said:
Absolutely! Although the score was somewhat close, I never really felt the game was ever in doubt.
While I actually thought the Cards would win going into this game, once the game started I felt completely different. The game (the players), especially the defense, had a whole different vibe to me. And like you Todd, after the first few minutes anyway :), I just had a feeling we would beat the Cards, no matter what. I didn't get tense like I do in most close Hawk games. This one was just, well, different!

Go Hawks! :229031_thewave:

I felt the force flowing thru them. I was watching... :mrgreen:

Own The West

Reaction score
Nice to see some positivity on .net! We're fans, let's root FOR our team!

I think we've all been waiting for the defense to click all season. We knew if it did we would have a special team. While it wasn't dominant, it was solid against a top 10 offense. This was the kind of performance the team (with all its new faces) needed to have to be able to see its potential. Over the next four weeks this team has a chance to become dominant. What a great place to be in before the playoffs!

I agree with the must-win sentiment last week. If anything because AZ had the tie breaker on us. The 2nd Rams game will be a must-win for the same reasons. I think we'll be a much better team by then.

GO HAWKS!

Bootsy51

Reaction score
This season is a Rollercoaster Ride to me. Iam Not disappointed we lose against SF.
But i cant handle the losses vs. Bucs, Raiders and Panthers where we we're the better Team but diden't excecute.
The Team isn't ready for Playoffs this time and its difficult to except. After the 4 Win Streak i was confident the Team was ....
Compare to the expectations before regular season i still be proud of our Hawks and especially our rookies....better days will come
Go Hawks !

FPD

Reaction score
This season is a Rollercoaster Ride to me. Iam Not disappointed we lose against SF.
But i cant handle the losses vs. Bucs, Raiders and Panthers where we we're the better Team but diden't excecute.
The Team isn't ready for Playoffs this time and its difficult to except. After the 4 Win Streak i was confident the Team was ....
Compare to the expectations before regular season i still be proud of our Hawks and especially our rookies....better days will come
Go Hawks !
Nice post Bootsy!