Kraken 2022-2023 Season

JPatera76

Reaction score
I am Fcked, they will not refund my subscription fees since it is more than 5 days since i signed up. So out 175$. Worse they fcked Australia over and forced users in Australia to sign up to espn and only watch what espn feeds through Foxtell which is only one national game a week,

so I had to use a vpn to pretend I was in England to watch the games. All commercial time is now blacked out and they come back to the game late after someone has already scored.

Fck me I think I will go into my gun closet tonight. Fck Fck.
the only way i can watch games from Iowa is through EPSN+ i wont sign up for much else for sports. MLB.tv i get yearly through T-Mobile for free so i usually take advantage of that. But even then unless its on my phone for MLB TV.. Iowa is for some ass backwards reasoning by the MLB one big blackout market... which makes no sense considering the amount of teams surrounding the area... oh and the extremely overpriced "Field of Dreams" tickets that have just become some social gathering for rich people.
Hoping to catch a few Kraken games when they're in Chicago and St Louis since both are 4hr away.

But damn... Gru is just not the solution. If there's a reason as good as any other to get rid of or bench him.. last night was it. He had an easy night in comparison to Anaheim's goalie and choked.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Solid 4-1 win. Great goal tending by Jones tonight. I’d start him over Grub at this point.

Rainger

Reaction score
Solid 4-1 win. Great goal tending by Jones tonight. I’d start him over Grub at this point.
Didn't see the game was out and even though I use a VPN NHL.TV is jamming my android phone in Australia trying to force me to ESPN. They should have beaten the Duck, I assume the had the same good play against the Kings but with better goaltending???

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Didn't see the game was out and even though I use a VPN NHL.TV is jamming my android phone in Australia trying to force me to ESPN. They should have beaten the Duck, I assume the had the same good play against the Kings but with better goaltending???
Pretty much. Defense in front of the own goal was a little better as well.
It’s only 2 games, but offensively this team looks so much better than last year.

OP
OP
Ruminator

Ruminator

Reaction score
Granted, the season has barely begun, but one of the biggest improvements over last season so far appears to be that they're now a real threat to score on power plays. They're also quicker and faster as a team -- reminds me a bit of last year's Avalanche.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Grubauer => 5 goals against
Jones => 1 goal against

And we're paying him another 4 years after this.

JPatera76

Reaction score
yeah Jones also looked a lot more comfortable. Great vision too

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Grubauer => 5 goals against
Jones => 1 goal against

And we're paying him another 4 years after this.
Our “top 2” goalie contracts suck. I think at some point they will end up eating 1 or both contracts If Grub’s and CD (who is out for the year) play doesn’t improve.

It’s only one game but Jones last night looked better than Grub did most of last season.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Our “top 2” goalie contracts suck. I think at some point they will end up eating 1 or both contracts If Grub’s and CD (who is out for the year) play doesn’t improve.

It’s only one game but Jones last night looked better than Grub did most of last season.

He looked much more composed, and played it close to the goal and had great vision. He looked WAAY better than Gru

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Martin Jones Doug his best Garbagebauer impersonation tonight down 5-0 at the second intermission.
Whole team actually looks horrible, losing faceoffs badly, and zero goals.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Being a Seattle sports fan is just begging for an early grave I swear.. between the NBA giving us the old middle finger salute to the mariners to an NHL team that… it’s laughably bad (Vegas also gets a lot of “help”) What else lol guess us Seattle sports fans enjoy the continuous kicks to the genitalia.

We are a brave bunch who like to walk the line of heart attacks and strokes as Seattle sports fans lol

Oh well.. kinda we don’t even have Cleveland to point at say “there’s always worse!” Lol

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Just feels like we're stuck with awful goal tending so the rest doesn't matter. Even the 3rd stringer gave up 5 goals in the AHL debut the other day. I haven't been following hockey long enough to understand how you develop goalies.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Just feels like we're stuck with awful goal tending so the rest doesn't matter. Even the 3rd stringer gave up 5 goals in the AHL debut the other day. I haven't been following hockey long enough to understand how you develop goalies.
Grub is horrible. Nice guy, turnstile in the net.
Needs to go. They are going to have to give up some draft picks and make a trade for a goalie even if that mean eating that contract.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Most complete win of the season 5-1 vs a good Buffalo team.
Jones looks like he may be better in net than Grub.
Offense this year looks much more potent. Lots of players scoring goals.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This team has some legit potential. Really going to be fun to watch them grow. That was a woopin last night. Baniers is just plain incredible.
And that pass from Tanev on the one goal, amazing. Turbo is w/out a doubt my favorite player.

OP
OP
Ruminator

Ruminator

Reaction score
Didn't even know there was a game last night and am just now finding out we won 5-1. Gonna have to find some higlight vids!