KJ Wright coaching the Niners Linebackers now

Jac

Reaction score
Good for him if he’s interested in getting into coaching. Great opportunity to start building his r
That's not always true.

I still have the memory of Tim Brown in 2005 when he was working for, I believe, CBS at the time as an analyst and he seemed to be in almost physical pain any time he had to say anything positive about the Seahawks, which he still mostly refused to do.

That said, I can't fault K.J. in this instance. He offered to the Seahawks (and I don't fault Macdonald for wanting to bring in his own guy, either) and they said no, so go to who will pay you.
Tim Brown was unbelievably unprofessional when it came to talking about Seattle. Wouldn’t fly these days.

seabowl

Reaction score

I know I mentioned Johnny Holland the other day. The funny thing is, all these years. I was comparing KJ Wright to Johnny Holland, because they have similar body types and both played linebacker. Johnny was a great linebacker with over 100 tackles six straight seasons before he was forced to retire with his neck injury. He told me the injury happened when Michael Irvin was coming over the middle and he went to tackle him and his neck bent back. He’s in the Packer Hall of Fame and had a chance to make the NFL Hall of Fame if he kept playing at that high-level, and didn’t get injured. KJ just reminded me a lot of him when he was playing. Interesting that KJ will now be learning from Johnny how to coach defense.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I know I mentioned Johnny Holland the other day. The funny thing is, all these years. I was comparing KJ Wright to Johnny Holland, because they have similar body types and both played linebacker. Johnny was a great linebacker with over 100 tackles six straight seasons before he was forced to retire with his neck injury. He told me the injury happened when Michael Irvin was coming over the middle and he went to tackle him and his neck bent back. He’s in the Packer Hall of Fame and had a chance to make the NFL Hall of Fame if he kept playing at that high-level, and didn’t get injured. KJ just reminded me a lot of him when he was playing. Interesting that KJ will now be learning from Johnny how to coach defense.

KJ also played under Sorensen when he was in Seattle.

TwilightError

Reaction score
While I agree with Bruce Irvin about hating the Niners, good for KJ.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The Niners have adapted the old style Seattle Cover 3 more than even the Hawks have, so I wouldn’t be surprised if other ex lob joined kj on the 9ers coaching side. Could be Bobby. Could even be Bruce Irvin, and maybe why Bruce deleted his tweet that he would never help the 9ers.

Football is a business.