KJ Wright coaching the Niners Linebackers now

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Frankly, I’m surprised that they didn’t give Pete a call for A role given that he basically invented the Seattle Cover 3

chris98251

Reaction score
New career move for him, Mac runs a different scheme, brought in a guy that knows it, probably not a slight on KJ as much as it is a better fit, 49ers run our old scheme, better fit for him as well as less outside in Drama for the Seahawks. Plus, Pete is a consultant, Richard and others were available as well that have coaching history, this is a separation issue as well, a few years down the road and maybe you bring in some of those guys if they are looking. I don't expect Kam or Sherm to be wondering around much preseason or doing drop ins on the field like before either.

Also the Wagner aspect may be somewhat touchy as the last of the last from that Era.

rcaido

Reaction score
Does that me, no more Seahawks content for KJ Allday on youtube.

94Smith

Reaction score
49ers run our old scheme, better fit for him as
Kind of reminds me when the 49ers had Mike Martz as OC and went away from the west Coast offense. Just a bit strange. Seahawks have run that D system for 13 years

chris98251

Reaction score
Kind of reminds me when the 49ers had Mike Martz as OC and went away from the west Coast offense. Just a bit strange. Seahawks have run that D system for 13 years
Yep, Shannahan now has to make a new plan up and can't just pull out the old one and use it since nothing and I mean nothing really changed in his whole time there. We became that predictable, Harbaugh years Pete would pull out twists to use, he went away from that as well.

94Smith

Reaction score
Yep, Shannahan now has to make a new plan up and can't just pull out the old one and use it since nothing and I mean nothing really changed in his whole time there. We became that predictable, Harbaugh years Pete would pull out twists to use, he went away from that as well.
Likely to be some growing pains until you get the right personnel and experience to do what MacDonald wants

kidhawk

Reaction score
I’d like to be the first to thank KJ for doing this. Takes a special man to walk into enemy territory to get the information needed to defeat them.

KinesProf

Reaction score
Can't fault the man for taking such an opportunity to launch his coaching career; especially given that he gave Seattle first crack. I also understand Macdonald's position in passing on KJ as well.

Twitter is being a little too emotional about this. This isn't "joining the enemy" as Corbin tweeted; this is a man starting his coaching career and being hired by someone he is familiar with (Sorensen).

Sherm, Ricardo Lockette, Michael Robinson, Alex Boone, Demarcus Dobbs, DJ Reed, Parrish Cox, Mike Iupati, Michael Wilhoite - plenty of guys have been Hawks & 49ers during the rivalry era, and the sky didn't fall.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Can't fault the man for taking such an opportunity to launch his coaching career; especially given that he gave Seattle first crack. I also understand Macdonald's position in passing on KJ as well.

Twitter is being a little too emotional about this. This isn't "joining the enemy" as Corbin tweeted; this is a man starting his coaching career and being hired by someone he is familiar with (Sorensen).

Sherm, Ricardo Lockette, Michael Robinson, Alex Boone, Demarcus Dobbs, DJ Reed, Parrish Cox, Mike Iupati, Michael Wilhoite - plenty of guys have been Hawks & 49ers during the rivalry era, and the sky didn't fall.
Yeah, that’s the long list that’s being conveniently ignored in order to make outrage or headlines. Silly, really.

KinesProf

Reaction score
Yeah, that’s the long list that’s being conveniently ignored in order to make outrage or headlines. Silly, really.
Very silly.

Aside from the blue and green laundry here in Seattle, San Fran is a way better fit. Their defense is an extension of Pete, and he's better suited to teaching within that system and with Sorensen. On top of that, Shanahan has a pretty strong recent history of elevating his coaches into position to be considered for Head Caaching jobs elsewhere. San Fran is an objectively tremendous program at coach development.

The athletes do not see rivalries the same way that fans do.

BigMeach

Reaction score
It is a fair point that 9ers and Hawks have been raiding each other's cupboards for decades. However, it just feels wrong being KJ. Though I am super happy for him, he's an all time dude and great guy. Hope he gets to be a D coordinator or more some day.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Doesn't bother me at all..
He's from the PC era,that is gone now.
He doesn't owe Seattle anything other than to screw up the Santa Clara D.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
The athletes do not see rivalries the same way that fans do.
That's not always true.

I still have the memory of Tim Brown in 2005 when he was working for, I believe, CBS at the time as an analyst and he seemed to be in almost physical pain any time he had to say anything positive about the Seahawks, which he still mostly refused to do.

That said, I can't fault K.J. in this instance. He offered to the Seahawks (and I don't fault Macdonald for wanting to bring in his own guy, either) and they said no, so go to who will pay you.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Good for KJ. Wish we would have had a place for him in Seahawk land.