kirkpatrick vs dk and others fight scene

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
[youtube]ZllW71Yc3j0[/youtube]

Can someone explain how this transpired exactly? Guys pissed at the Lockett takedown? But then the Arizona guy got the taunting. Just legit confused.

BandWagon11Hawk

Reaction score
I don't understand how hitting DK in the helmet isn't an ejection. I thought it normally was these days?

Even for pretty trivial "not really a hit" hits. Obviously you're not going to do much damage to a guy's helmet with your hand, but I thought they wanted to clap down on any sort of shenanigans like that.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
BandWagon11Hawk":75pkxl9e said:
I don't understand how hitting DK in the helmet isn't an ejection. I thought it normally was these days?

Even for pretty trivial "not really a hit" hits. Obviously you're not going to do much damage to a guy's helmet with your hand, but I thought they wanted to clap down on any sort of shenanigans like that.

Ya, I was wondering that during the live play too. And no. 20 there didn't even appear to calm down as you can see from the end of the clip.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think DK took offense to Kirkpatrick standing over Lockett after the tackle talking crap for a couple seconds too long, and obviously Kirkpatrick said something while they were going back and forth to get the misconduct penalty.

DK's lucky he didn't get an off setting penalty, because that really helped out that drive.

PNW

Reaction score
I would rather keep #20 in the game, we roast him everytime he’s in, his backup probably plays better hahaha

rcaido

Reaction score
I was worried a backup qb was going to come in for Murray's. we dodge 2 bullets.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
rcaido":yltpeegl said:
I was worried a backup qb was going to come in for Murray's. we dodge 2 bullets.

It would not have been something to worry about. I have seen Chris Strevelor play in the CFL for 2 yrs. He's big, strong, and fast. But his accuracy is awful. It would have been like playing against Taysom Hill with Josh Allen's rookie season accuracy

rcaido

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":12xwtklx said:
rcaido":12xwtklx said:

It would not have been something to worry about. I have seen Chris Strevelor play in the CFL for 2 yrs. He's big, strong, and fast. But his accuracy is awful. It would have been like playing against Taysom Hill with Josh Allen's rookie season accuracy

Seahawks have a better winning percentage against MVP QBs than backup qbs.

potatohead33

Reaction score
AZ #20 must have said something over the line that started the whole thing. On TV they showed one replay from the sky cam where Pete was over Lockett thinking he may be hurt, realized he wasn't and started backing toward the sideline, then threw his arms out to his sides looking at and talking to the ref. This was right before the actual skirmish, so I think the guy said something.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I couldn't stop thinking- what an idiot Dre Kilpatrick is. You really want to start something with a guy 5x your size. DK would finish him off like an appetizer.

chris98251

Reaction score
DK is from a family of NFL players, he has been taught to respect the game from the first time he could play in Pee Wee football.

I would expect something said that was in effect like to bad we didn't injure him or next time he won't get up, that would trigger something as a WR and as a person taught you don't try to hurt others.

I am also sure that DK said something back that was a button pusher for Dre, like I bet since you can't cover him, using a bit more colorful language of course.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Are we even supposed to be talking about this?

Something about the first rule of Fight Scene is you don't talk about Fight Scene.....

bigskydoc

Reaction score
DK also seems to be that needling, thorn in your side player who knows how to goad others into taking dumb penalties.

rcaido

Reaction score
bigskydoc":30wd79ez said:
DK also seems to be that needling, thorn in your side player who knows how to goad others into taking dumb penalties.

He did that with Gilmore too.

KinesProf

Reaction score
bigskydoc":3u9sczso said:

Nate Burleson was recently talking about this with DK. That he doesn't take any plays off - even runs and passes away from him he's getting after the CBs on every single play.

This really pisses off a lot of CBs who are accustomed to having some low intensity plays with most WRs if the action is away from their side of the field. Dk doesn't adhere to whatever the unwritten CB/WR rules may be.

chris98251

Reaction score
KinesProf":321r8pud said:
bigskydoc":321r8pud said:

Nate Burleson was recently talking about this with DK. That he doesn't take any plays off - even runs and passes away from him he's getting after the CBs on every single play.

This really pisses off a lot of CBs who are accustomed to having some low intensity plays with most WRs if the action is away from their side of the field. Dk doesn't adhere to whatever the unwritten CB/WR rules may be.

So he makes a CB work every play, how terrifying for them, it takes then and Safety's out of support on run plays and opens that field up more for other side of the field pass plays.

Thats the difference between teams who win and those that don't, taking plays off.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":qy644nak said:
I think DK took offense to Kirkpatrick standing over Lockett after the tackle talking crap for a couple seconds too long, and obviously Kirkpatrick said something while they were going back and forth to get the misconduct penalty.

DK's lucky he didn't get an off setting penalty, because that really helped out that drive.
I think it was more like Metcalf getting p*$$ed off at Simmons doing the 'Gator Roll' with team mate Lockett's right leg, while Baker was going after his twisted upper torso.
I think it was a dirty play, just like the 'Horse Collar' play that we got called for; I believe that the NFL rule book should include intentional grab & roll tactics like that SHOULD be penalized every bit as much as the HC.
Play Hard...Not Dirty.

sutz

Reaction score
I actually think DK is learning early on how to get inside DBs' heads. This isn't the first time an exchange has taken place where the 'other guy' gets the flag and DK walks away.

Not bad for a virtual rookie. :twisted:

chris98251

Reaction score
sutz":2rob7avw said:
I actually think DK is learning early on how to get inside DBs' heads. This isn't the first time an exchange has taken place where the 'other guy' gets the flag and DK walks away.

Not bad for a virtual rookie. :twisted:

He has a family that has played in the NFL, you don't think his cousin or Uncle whatever he is by relationship has taught him a thing or two about being a Star and how to get the one up on Trash talk, then his dad as well Terrance Metcalf who was a Lineman.

Then Eric Metcalf as well.

PNW

Reaction score
Thank god for the three cone drill hahaha

Latest posts