Ken Walker hernia

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Can we let the kid write his own story and legacy before we pile problems we had with others on top of him?
I am all for a good dose of pessimism when it comes to the Seahawks, but come on.
Twisted, come on man... don't quit now. We won't recognize you. Pile on, brother!

balakoth

Reaction score
Literally people here comparing hi mto Penny cuz of a hernia... eat grass.. why are you posters EVEN HERE?! Jesus

balakoth

Reaction score
Yes... the 2k posters.. whatever who post absolute ass.. and contribute NOTHING... other than .. dipshit opinions... Im surprised we are as active we are... oh wait its cuz of the multi k posters who say the dumbest shit on earth.
Glad to be in the same state as you.. I Guess

RiverDog

Reaction score
If he has to have surgery, he'll likely be out for 4 weeks, and even after that, will likely be used sparingly for another few weeks. Sucks, but not a career threatening injury. I'm a lot more concerned about Penny's health than I am Walker's. Better get ready to see a lot of Travis Homer and Dee Jay Dallas for the first month of the season.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Better get ready to see a lot of Travis Homer and Dee Jay Dallas for the first month of the season.
I'm actually ok with this and it wouldn't have surprised me if Walker played behind Homer and Dallas to start the season even if he was healthy.

Ok maybe I'm the bargaining stage of grief BUT it looks like Homer and Dallas have taken their game to another level from what I've seen in the preseason. They looked like legit NFL runningbacks who can carry the load, if needed. At worst, they can hold their own in backup duty and provides some playmaking in passing down situations.

Add that to the fact Walker is still a rookie learning how to play in the NFL and yeah it may have been more Homer and Dallas anyways.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'm actually ok with this and it wouldn't have surprised me if Walker played behind Homer and Dallas to start the season even if he was healthy.

Ok maybe I'm the bargaining stage of grief BUT it looks like Homer and Dallas have taken their game to another level from what I've seen in the preseason. They looked like legit NFL runningbacks who can carry the load, if needed. At worst, they can hold their own in backup duty and provides some playmaking in passing down situations.

Add that to the fact Walker is still a rookie learning how to play in the NFL and yeah it may have been more Homer and Dallas anyways.
I agree. Both Dallas and Homer looked great against the Steelers and both are experienced players. Neither one of them have had a lost fumble in their careers. They're both good options in the passing game and are better pass protectors than Penny.

Walker most likely wouldn't have seen a lot of snaps early on anyway and probably been limited to a change of pace option to Penny.

Ruminator

Reaction score
In the minds of all college RBs waiting to hear their name called in future NFL drafts, if they hear it's the Seahawks selecting them: "Oh, GREAT! There goes my hernia!"

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm just waiting for the annual post claiming that somehow Pete and John should have known about this ahead of time :ROFLMAO:
Soon it will be "this guy is a bust" and "injury prone" blah blah blah. Jumping to conclusions and assuming the worst....so very typical.
He is going to be a beast for several years for this team.

m0ng0

Reaction score
^^^Absolutely!!! He will come back when he is ready, The sky is not falling. I am sure the recovery time is only a few weeks but getting a helmet to the gut 20 times a game is not going to help much. I wonder if he will have to wear a flak jacket for a while? Oh well we have 3 pretty competent guys who can pick up the slack until he is 100%

RiverDog

Reaction score
Just curious, but does anyone have any information or knowledge about which positions are more subject to sports hernias? I know that they're caused by quick, sudden movements like the sharp, jump cuts that are common with running backs and it would seem like RB's experience them more than other positions, but I can't find anything to confirm that assumption.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Small sidenote, but Carson gave his all for this team. He was overused, and took a ridiculous amount of punishment. Much of that is on him. But Carson was a 6th or 7th round draft pick that you could make an argument was worth a 1st or 2nd in a redraft. He was ANYTHING but a 'curse'. For one, he fixed the issues with short yardage conversions we had. He was money on short yardage, even when the defense knew he was coming or the offensive line was 'blocking' for him.

Walker should be fine. We lose him for a few weeks. that might be a good thing.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This is a bummer as I was looking forward to seeing him in action but he'll be healthy soon enough as he isn'yt a player that has a bad history of injuries.

That said neither was Penny either, but he has been a regular in the trainer's rooms rehabbing one injury after another.

Sarcasm on: If KW111 rehabs this injury quickly then all the negativity here will disappear. Sarcasm off.

Last edited:

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Isn't a hernia where you tear your nutsack?
No. A hernia is the weakening of the abdominal wall and can cause internal organs to protrude through the tear. Mine is to the left of my belly button but since you mentioned it, my “nutsack” isn’t torn but the left side of it is extremely bruised. The wife and I have gotten good laughs as it looks like I have one black one and one white one.