Just let Lock play

renofox

Reaction score
Lock looked like a good backup who had no time with the ones. Kinda like Geno has looked against the 49ers the past 4 games.

Difference is, Lick at least showed a few sparks and, given time with the ones, may improve.

Let lock play out the string and keep Geno from getting injured. Release Geno before 5 days after the SB when his salary next year becomes guaranteed.

hoxrox

Reaction score
His deep ball accuracy did not look good except on the TD

Ozzy

Reaction score
If you factor in everything it was a pretty decent performance.

xgeoff

Reaction score
I like lock, and I like Geno. Both have great arms and make questionable decisions. But I really don’t think qb is the issue.

I actually feel good about qb, rb, te, wr and cb. Just about every other area is playing poorly 🤷🏻‍♂️

And thecoordinators are both questionable imo

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Perfectly said. I agree. This game showed Pete has built a defense that is incredibly, amazingly incapable of making big time stops against big time players.

I’m also really disappointed in Shane.

But Lock served extremely admirably and has to stop underthrowing deep downfield.
I noticed that and I was like where is this "cannon" I heard about?
In short and medium passes I thought he looked very good though
and his mobility was ok but again I though he was supposed to
be pretty fast?
I'm wondering if he had tendonitis in wearing that compression sleeve ?
I can't say he deserves to be over Geno but Geno might have done
less yesterday with that DL pressuring so much.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Lock looked like a good backup who had no time with the ones. Kinda like Geno has looked against the 49ers the past 4 games.

Difference is, Lick at least showed a few sparks and, given time with the ones, may improve.

Let lock play out the string and keep Geno from getting injured. Release Geno before 5 days after the SB when his salary next year becomes guaranteed.
Might be the idea at this point..Do we even deserve the playoffs?
I'm thinking like after last season where the DL got cut.
There is another round of that coming in coaches and DB's.
A rookie has outplayed that vet defensive backfield and they wilted
after he left injured.
That says it all for me right there.

xgeoff

Reaction score
I think Drew Lock has the ability to be a very capable starting NFL quarterback. He might have a ceiling, similar to how I think Geno seems to have a ceiling, but we need to see him in a full season.

I will say this, putting a great quarterback on this team right now wouldn't make them appreciably better. The playcalling and offensive line play is just too bad. So I don't think we should judge Geno or Drew too harshly. I do think they both have made poor decisions, which is infuriating, but I try to take into context that they are trying to overcome some bad play calls and a bad O-line.

You put Brock Purdy on the Seahawks and he is an unmitigated disaster. This is why I would hold off on drafting a QB unless John sees a bargain (like Russell). Too many top QB's flame out. I think Drew can play in this league, but let's see. I know some pundits on Seattle radio have just plain given up on him after a single fill-in game.

That seems absurd to me. San Fran has shown that if you build a great team you can plug in someone like Brock Purdy at QB and dominate.