Jordyn Brooks to Miami (3 years, $30m)

RiverDog

Reaction score
He is a FA. Anyone familiar with how he (Cody Barton) did in WAS?

I know he was a punching bag here in 2022, but he didn't look nearly that bad the years prior in Norton's scheme...
Barton was a punching bag here for a reason. He sucks. Just another example of Pete's diminished skill for judging defensive talent.

Last season with the Commanders, Barton was ranked 74th out of 82 ranked linebackers.

Jville

Reaction score
Folks are assuming he was entirely welcomed to go and not that he wanted a change of scenery himself. He may not want to play in this scheme, and / or see himself in a better spot next to Chubb. He may have just wanted out of the PNW and prefer the sunshine and prospect of playing in a group where he'll be a part of what looks to be a formidable team, rather than again being expected to be a critical piece in a group (on D) that's been a dumpster fire since he's been here.

Brooks is without a doubt a good player who's production and performance has been dinged by the defense he played in and those who led it. He gets dinged for ONLY being a tackling machine when that's pretty much all that Bobby's been for the last 3 years.

As to Brooks v Queen. Even NFL talking heads were giving us the better end of that deal... until Smith and MM got to Baltimore. I watched Queen in Baltimore since he's been there and save for the last 22 games, he was definitely NOT the better of the two players. He was pretty much considered a JAG and nothing special, flashing every once in a while... until the Smith trade.

If he's healthy, I expect him to do very well in Miami.

Pretty bummed about him and Parkinson leaving.

I'm disappointed by Brooks departure as well. But, a fresh opportunity elsewhere is what was best for Brooks career.

I understood the departure of Bobby Wagner a couple of years ago. But, I was surprised by the resigning of Booby Wagner last year and thought it a mistake. As in a tell .... a harbinger of the season that followed.

The new coaching staff has plenty of experience at the linebacker position. So a rebuild into what they envision should be of particular interest.

We'll see.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
This is simply setting up MM's Linebacker-less scheme... ;)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Queen is signing with the Steelers, 3/41. There goes that.
Yep, bummer. However, NONE of will ever know what the Hawks offered, or even if they did. He chose to go where he wanted to, that's free agency for you.

Rat

Reaction score
Looks like we're waiting for Jamal Adams to sign with someone so we can trade for him and have our new LBer.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I mean, neither Queen, his agent, nor the teams involved are sworn to secrecy.
Doesn't mean they will tell us what was offered or IF something was offered. That's not how it works.

31 teams had a chance to get him. Pittsburgh was his choice. Super stoked to hear how stupid the front office is for the next 23 years.

Scout

Reaction score
You know Cedric Gray is looking more and more attractive as a draft target.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sure you are. You're assuming that the Hawks offered less. They may have, but we don't know. Could we find out? Sure.

Meh, doesn't matter. He chose the Steelers. It sucks, but there are plenty of other free agents available.

Rat

Reaction score
Sure you are. You're assuming that the Hawks offered less. They may have, but we don't know. Could we find out? Sure.
I didn't say anything about what I think they offered Queen. I don't know that they even wanted him. Saying "we'll NEVER know", on the other hand, is an assumption.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fair enough. We can go back and forth, it's not gonna' accomplish anything. I wanted him here, it didn't happen. Sh** happens.

I hope we DO find out. I would love to hear we offered more. And none of it truly matters, the ultimate decision is up to the PLAYER. He chose to go to Pitts.

Latest posts