Jordyn Brooks to Miami (3 years, $30m)

PhxPhin

Reaction score
Will be a nice piece in Miami.

Some of the beating he took and here didn't seem so that deserved - had a lot of quality play in some difficult circumstances

Will be interested to see what they plan with the LBs are - starting to look worse than 2 years ago

Rat

Reaction score
Some of the beating he took and here didn't seem so that deserved - had a lot of quality play in some difficult circumstances
More like fans have been overrating him for years due to his tackle numbers. The guys in front of him can only be so much of an excuse when he never rises above his circumstances.

Team couldn't have thought that high on him if they were willing to let him walk for that.

xray

Reaction score
They're leaving like there was a bomb scare . ;)

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Wut? Why!? God no.

I think Barton is a free agent anyway.

They have a plan. Could be Queen. Could be a number of guys.
He is a FA. Anyone familiar with how he did in WAS?

I know he was a punching bag here in 2022, but he didn't look nearly that bad the years prior in Norton's scheme...

OP
OP
CactusJack

CactusJack

Reaction score

I know he was a punching bag here in 2022, but he didn't look nearly that bad the years prior in Norton's scheme...
He was terrible last year with Washington.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Lotta very smart people all seem to think he's good, and he just got $10 million per year. He is a good player.

Like I said in the other thread it sort of seems like our film guys have overrated him slightly in comparison to what the league has.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Like I said in the other thread it sort of seems like our film guys have overrated him slightly in comparison to what the league has.
Not sure that's true. I don't think anyone expected Brooks to get Queen money. That was good chunk of the reason why keeping Brooks over Queen was an attractive prospect. If Queen gets $18ish or more (which I don't think any film guy expects him to get less) I will hope/assume if we are the ones paying it that Macdonald has reasoning behind the choice.

But I'll also be thinking 'We could have had Brooks plus a serviceable replacement for B-Wags for the same we just paid Queen'.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
If "culture" is a big deal the more Ravens the better over the loser culture the defense has had for years (starting with that loser Norton and even worse with Hurtt)

Jville

Reaction score
If "culture" is a big deal the more Ravens the better over the loser culture the defense has had for years (starting with that loser Norton and even worse with Hurtt)

Reads rather bitter.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I like Brooks and the # seems ok. Trust the process.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Not sure that's true. I don't think anyone expected Brooks to get Queen money. That was good chunk of the reason why keeping Brooks over Queen was an attractive prospect. If Queen gets $18ish or more (which I don't think any film guy expects him to get less) I will hope/assume if we are the ones paying it that Macdonald has reasoning behind the choice.

But I'll also be thinking 'We could have had Brooks plus a serviceable replacement for B-Wags for the same we just paid Queen'.
Seahawks film guys(who were lucky to have overall) have been saying Brooks is near top 5 in the league. I think the league has him lower based on what he got? I could be way off base though or misunderstanding their takes.

PhxPhin

Reaction score

Yes he did, he was not good his whole time here. He had very visible deficiencies that should have never led him to be a guy they had to start and rely on.

He was also bad in Washington.

It seemed like there was a mindset that they would only play 2 with either an extra corner or extra safety taking on responsibilities and needed.

They unit had been hurting for a while.

That 2019 draft really hurt on defense, because they tried.

1st on Collier, 2nd on Blair, 3rd on Barton, 4th on Umadi, 5th on BBK - very little league production in that group

Latest posts