Jon Ryan on 'defenseless' punters

morgulon1

Reaction score
I remember seeing Ryan get lit up by a block once. He got up and and walked off the field. Slowly.

If punters don't want to get hit, they should walk off the field after they punt the ball. Maybe they can wear a fluorescent
orange vest. The NFL is trying to pussify the game yet they'll show the hit over and over again to promote the next Pittsburgh
vs Cincinnatti match up.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Funny how fast "JACKED UP" dissapeared when headshots started getting taken seriously.

nwgamer

Reaction score
lsheldon":2q8e9m2b said:
Zebulon Dak":2q8e9m2b said:
He could have blocked the guy without trying to kill him. If Tate's hit on Lee last year is worthy of a fine then this is worthy of a fine at least double the amount.

That seems to happen a lot to Sean Lee..

Leepwned medium

Leeboom

The Lee's in the two GIF's aren't the same skin color. I think it's two diff Lees.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
253hawk":1o8rrmrk said:
The NFL already said it was blatantly illegal and fined him 25K. It's very easy to block a guy with your arms and body without leaving your feet or leading with your helmet and still 'light him up.'

O7cGf9L

And if I remember right, Richard got up and applauded Fitz for a good hit/block after that play and gave him a "nice play" helmet smack or hand smack or something...

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I think people are overlooking the fact that it's a Stealer who made the play. This means it's automatically dirty by definition.

OP
OP
A London Hawk

A London Hawk

Reaction score
nwgamer":lyc5m7gg said:
lsheldon":lyc5m7gg said:
Zebulon Dak":lyc5m7gg said:
He could have blocked the guy without trying to kill him. If Tate's hit on Lee last year is worthy of a fine then this is worthy of a fine at least double the amount.

That seems to happen a lot to Sean Lee..

Leepwned medium

Leeboom

The Lee's in the two GIF's aren't the same skin color. I think it's two diff Lees.

You can't see any of Lee's skin in the vs Bears gif. It's the same guy.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Hawks46":2qqjgy9i said:
Looking at that hit in slo mo, it was clearly illegal. The helmet doesnt' even start below the neck and move up; he just straight up hits him under the facemask and leads with his head. The guy doesn't even try to use a shoulder pad.

Those are precisely the hits that the NFL is trying to get rid of. Unfortunately, good blocks from Tate, and some hits from Kam get thrown in there.

Clearly??? He put his shoulder into his chest. Looked clean to me. It was vicious that's why everyone is in a tizzy. Even in slow mo you can not see his helmet hitting his jaw. I'm guessing some here have not played football. Not a knock but this is on the punter and he has to be more aware of what is going on on the field. As close as he was to the ball carrier he has to assume that there are blockers coming. He was not even close to being squared up which is a must in just about every sport.

Ive been cracked before by a receiver that weighed 30 lbs less than me and it was my fault because I just thought I could run towards the ball freely with no obstacles.

253hawk

Reaction score
All shoulder pad? Really? Seriously, just stop. Stop. Shoulder pads don't do this.

Bb8sXqMIgAECcAq

You can see his helmet come right up into his goddamn chin. If that was all shoulder to chest, why does his head fly back like it just got blasted? And why is his jaw broke and why does he have a cracked vertebrae? Idiot.

827808429.gif

dunceface

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1or43o9w said:
ManBunts":1or43o9w said:
dunceface":1or43o9w said:
Jon Ryan would be a better LB than Lee

Lee is one of the best LBs in the league. Thus the reason people try to take him out of the plays constantly. Your comment is pointless

What's ironic is that the first poster is the one with Dunce in his name.

Also ironic is the fact that a man bunt is pointless

Throwdown

Reaction score
253hawk":3tdslzkk said:
All shoulder pad? Really? Seriously, just stop. Stop. Shoulder pads don't do this.

Bb8sXqMIgAECcAq

You can see his helmet come right up into his goddamn chin. If that was all shoulder to chest, why does his head fly back like it just got blasted? And why is his jaw broke and why does he have a cracked vertebrae? Idiot.

827808429.gif

Steelers head is to the side, just looks like it at that speed. Remember Haushka caught the Holy Ghost when he got trucked in the chest when he tried to make a tackle, these kickers and punters aren't about that tackling life, just aren't built for it.

OP
OP
A London Hawk

A London Hawk

Reaction score
I used gif-explode to pull the gif apart and have a closer look - http://bit.ly/JORn7u

Looking at the frames right at point of intact, with the way Huber's head is turned, it does look as if Garvin caught him right under the jaw.

Latest posts