John Abraham and Dwight Freeney still available i believe...

QuahHawk

Reaction score
So sick of the Adderall excuses. Are we really supose to believe these players are risking a 4 game suspension for the very very mild performance enhancing effects of Adderall. I might sound brash but I sure as heck hope our players have been using Roids or something else that will actually make them much better.

For those that don't know, the NFL is not allowed to say what substance the players failed the drug test with. It seems like a cop out now as all players are just saying it was for Adderall, it is legal and will cause much less backlash, there is almost no reason to admit to taking steroids because that will forever taint that players career. Taking adderall, well nobody really cares about that. It seems too easy.

Oh and adding weight while taking Ritilan or Adderall is extremely hard, so if Bruce did put on 10+lbs I truly do not believe it was from adderall.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
BJ is back baby! (That was Irvin's nickname during his degenerate days). Anyway, if Clemons is gonna miss most of the year I might look at the vets. It's not like Michael Bennet is even healthy

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
drdiags":12heq48p said:
FlyingGreg":12heq48p said:
Pandion Haliaetus":12heq48p said:
You have to believe the Seahawks were prepared for this in the long run:

1) Cliff Avril
2) Michael Bennett
3) Ty Powell
4) Michael Boatwright
5) Benson Mayowa

The stocked up on their LEOs and Defensive Ends.

Probably...but only two on that list are credible NFL players (as of now).

And one of them is going to try to play a second straight year with a bum shoulder that really needs surgery, but he cannot take the down time.
Seems like a HUGE overreaction to Bennett's shoulder. If he truly required he would have it. But it doesn't so he hasn't. I mean if his shoulder is so terrible how do you explain last year? Schnieder said the medical staff checked out Bennett and said he was good to go, I'll trust them

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3ismsaie said:
Smelly McUgly":3ismsaie said:
For some reason, I am irrationally annoyed at Bruce Irvin. I feel like I'm somewhere near "Cut him now!" mode, which is of course silly.

Still, I don't know why this got to me like it did. It didn't get to me with Browner.

Probably because the Seahawks took a huge chance drafting him in the top half of the 1st round, considering his background...and here we are. Every single day of his career should be spent paying back the organization in spades for the opportunity and the financial commitment.

Everyone has a right to be annoyed/upset.
I guess everyone always needs a whipping boy...

drdiags

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3l38xk8m said:
Seems like a HUGE overreaction to Bennett's shoulder. If he truly required he would have it. But it doesn't so he hasn't. I mean if his shoulder is so terrible how do you explain last year? Schnieder said the medical staff checked out Bennett and said he was good to go, I'll trust them

How so? The guy himself is quoted as saying he needs to have work done. Not saying don't trust the docs or the FO. Blow it off if you will. It isn't 100%, so where is the exaggeration? And passing a physical isn't the same as all is well. Winslow has known knee issues, yet he was cleared by the same medical staff. The Jets brought on Garrard and were banking on him, yet he had to leave the team as his knees couldn't take the workouts.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":33dmd2hb said:
FlyingGreg":33dmd2hb said:
Smelly McUgly":33dmd2hb said:
For some reason, I am irrationally annoyed at Bruce Irvin. I feel like I'm somewhere near "Cut him now!" mode, which is of course silly.

Still, I don't know why this got to me like it did. It didn't get to me with Browner.

Probably because the Seahawks took a huge chance drafting him in the top half of the 1st round, considering his background...and here we are. Every single day of his career should be spent paying back the organization in spades for the opportunity and the financial commitment.

Everyone has a right to be annoyed/upset.
I guess everyone always needs a whipping boy...

Or everyone hopes players will be held accountable when they screw up, which he did.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1pxouysb said:
Or everyone hopes players will be held accountable when they screw up, which he did.
I think issuing an apology the moment the suspension was made public is being held accountable. I don't see how trashing a guy on the internet is holding him accountable for anything. (and no I'm not saying you personally are trashing him)

Largent80

Reaction score
I would like to get either one of these guys but prefer Abraham, and if we get one of them and they are playing well sit Bruce for longer than 4 games and show the rest of the team that your job is in jeopardy if you choose to go down that road.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
drdiags":1kvg0957 said:
Hawkfan77":1kvg0957 said:

How so? The guy himself is quoted as saying he needs to have work done. Not saying don't trust the docs or the FO. Blow it off if you will. It isn't 100%, so where is the exaggeration? And passing a physical isn't the same as all is well. Winslow has known knee issues, yet he was cleared by the same medical staff. The Jets brought on Garrard and were banking on him, yet he had to leave the team as his knees couldn't take the workouts.
I think JS was on with Mitch or maybe Ian and was asked about Bennett's shoulder. He said the medical staff gave the OK and said he shouldn't require surgery. I think this is different than an older player with knee issues that will never get better. Something like that is degenerative, IMO, that surgery cannot fix. The way JS was talking about Bennett was that is was a pain tolerance type injury, well at least that's what I got from it. I could be way off, but that's how I remember the interview.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
DavidSeven":fijzqnbf said:
Avril, Bennett and Hill providing pressure at the line with Clem likely to return sometime in the first four weeks.

We're good. Also, just to put it out there, Antoine Winfield was the second most productive corner blitzer in 2012.

Clem tore his ACL in January, the first four weeks would be September. I WOULD BE SHOCKED IF Clem is back in the first four weeks. I totally expect Clem to start on PUP and come back for the championship run.

drdiags

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3vcg3pzd said:
I think JS was on with Mitch or maybe Ian and was asked about Bennett's shoulder. He said the medical staff gave the OK and said he shouldn't require surgery. I think this is different than an older player with knee issues that will never get better. Something like that is degenerative, IMO, that surgery cannot fix. The way JS was talking about Bennett was that is was a pain tolerance type injury, well at least that's what I got from it. I could be way off, but that's how I remember the interview.

Fair enough but in a more relevant case, Jason Jones was brought on-board with the knowledge there were some concerns about the knee. More pronounced than anything mentioned with Bennett but just wanting to look at this in a different light. We saw the pre-season and then late season issues Jones had, as well as the season long nursing he had to do with the knee.

If JS is okay with Bennett as well as the medical staff, they are the experts. I just wanted to note that Bennett as he stands today has a shoulder he has to manage. Just like Jones had to. Apples and oranges. I am not trying to win a debate. Just listed my view of the DE position and the depth within.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":rirkyfdj said:
DavidSeven":rirkyfdj said:
Avril, Bennett and Hill providing pressure at the line with Clem likely to return sometime in the first four weeks.

We're good. Also, just to put it out there, Antoine Winfield was the second most productive corner blitzer in 2012.

Clem tore his ACL in January, the first four weeks would be September. I WOULD BE SHOCKED IF Clem is back in the first four weeks. I totally expect Clem to start on PUP and come back for the championship run.

Have you been paying any attention to acual ACL recoveries recently? Adrian Peterson tore his ACL on December 24, 2011 and was back for week one in 2012. Iman Shumpert of the New York Knicks tore his ACL in April 2012 and returned in January 2013. Derrick Rose tore his ACL the same day and has been cleared to play for MONTHS.

The real timetable on this injury is 8-9 months. Clem has been reported as being ahead of schedule, and he got his surgery from the best knee surgeon in the world. He'll be back within the first four weeks. Book it.

RynoHawk

Reaction score
Book-it..... can we stop saying that. You usually type quite well but when you say stuff like that, it makes you sound like a pretentious 9r fan. - we are better then that.

godawg

Reaction score
The Chargers agreed to two years at 13.35 million for Freeney That explains why we made no move to pick him up. If Abraham is holding out for that kind of money it's unlikely he'll be a Hawk.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I don't think this suspension will be as big of a deal as everyone is making it out to be. I think Avril and Bennett will be fine.. and I still expect a 3-1/4-0 start to the season.