Jesse Williams is back on the field

Coxal

Reaction score
@ThaMonstar: First day back Running on the field doing Conditioning! Feeling Great #CantWaittoBeBack

What are your expectation for this player next season? Is he going to see a lot of snap right away?

sutz

Reaction score
Obviously, we'll have to wait and see how training camp goes. It'd be nice if he can contribute.

themunn

Reaction score
Amazing how we thought DT was a huge need in the draft, but McDaniel and McDonald have really been spectacular (as has Mebane, but he has been excellent for several years now).

It's good that he's healthy now, should be in good shape by the time training camp rolls around

sutz

Reaction score
Yeah, the McD's have been a nice addition. Adding more to the pile sounds good. :)

BigMeach

Reaction score
I think the best part is we don't have to play him heavy snaps , we can let him compete in preseason and practice and let him earn the starts.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
So what exactly kept him off the field?

I recall the draft day concerns with his knee (?).

Was it injured... and is now heeled?

Or is his condition chronic and since he has rested it for a year, he'll be able to start playing on it again?... yet the same condition will occur again because of wear and tear on his body?

Anybody truly know?

TIA.

CANHawk

Reaction score
themunn":2uveuum0 said:
Amazing how we thought DT was a huge need in the draft, but McDaniel and McDonald have really been spectacular (as has Mebane, but he has been excellent for several years now).

It's good that he's healthy now, should be in good shape by the time training camp rolls around

I think the biggest thing though has been Bennett's ability to slide inside on passing downs. The penetration he gets up the middle has been a real difference maker this year.

m0ng0

Reaction score
I hope he is working the legs! Dude is a great story and I hope he can contribute at some point in the future!

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
He had a knee injury he suffered in the SEC championship, there was speculation that it was degenerative, and his career was to be monitored and limited.

Seahawks did just that but it was obvious it was causing Jesse issues, so they shut him down in the pre-season, and I believe they did surgery on it.

If he feels better great, he probably needed his body to heal as much as possible but he's going to still have to be monitored and limited.

As a rotational run-stuffing bad ass he should have value but I wouldn't put the expectation on him to anchor a starting position unless he's absolutely forced into the situation. Just think of this way, the more he plays, the shorter his career will be due to wear and tear on the knee.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
We haven't heard in the media what kind of surgery he may have had (nobody on the Seahawks have clarified), but my best guess would be that he had microfracture surgery and now he's in the next step of his rehab.

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
themunn":x4nbh8zg said:

I bet McDaniel, McDonald and maybe Bennett get paid in free agency by other teams after the seasons they've had. So they need to look for young cheap talent in the draft to potentially fill those spots. With the free agents Seattle has coming up they need to start saving money anyway possible.

Wartooth

Reaction score
The Mc Doubles are more than likely moving on after this season.
I don't think you let a special talent like Bennett just wonder off...You find a way to resign that guy!

Seeker

Reaction score
just an embarrassment of riches we have right now at DT.
I swear I completely forgot about this guy.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Williams was worth a 5th round flyer. How stacked the active roster is without him proof.

Shock2k

Reaction score
He was my adopted rookie, so I was bummed when he went down.

He's from Australia and seems to be pretty famous. Every time something happens with him and the Seahawks it makes papers down under.

Jville

Reaction score
Ben6RpJCYAAVRtL.png

Good to hear ThaMonstar is making steady progress. Looking forward to seeing him later this year.

Go Hawks.

Njhawkboss

Reaction score
I think we lose McDonald next year but hopefully we keep McDaniel defiantly underrated!

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
He has the Red Bryant body type...except for the corpse knees of course. I'd be shocked if he ever played but here's hoping.