Jeremy Lane doesn't think Gronk is that good

sutz

Reaction score
HawkFan72":11glytvt said:
Scottemojo":11glytvt said:
last year the media and PM himself took a little exception to Seahawk players saying he throws ducks.

It did not make Manning play better.

Because it was true, he does throw ducks.

Saying Gronk is not good is not true, though. Saying he's not the best of all time, sure you have an argument. But saying he's not even good?
Perhaps he mis-worded it, or maybe the media is selectively editing his quotes (they'd never do that, of course :sarcasm_off: ). I choose to think that Lane meant to say, "He's not as good as you people think he is. He's human and we've played guys as good as he is and we're 12-4."

This is media sh!t-stirring. Nothing to see here.

pehawk

Reaction score
Lot of revisionist history here too. All Stevens said was "we didn't come here to lose". Should he have said "we came here not to win"?

It was blown out of proportion by the media. It's not even in the same universe as what Lane said.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
morgulon1":2rnmfvat said:
RolandDeschain":2rnmfvat said:
Buahahaha. Lane's setting himself up to look either pretty good or pretty bad following the Super Bowl. We'll see what happens, but I admire his balls either way. They're definitely not deflated.

FUNNY. On topic of the post, hopefully Gronk will do what he does..........get injured.

Come on Morg, your a veteran and a good poster. Please tell us you didn't mean that like it sounds.

One thing I believe in is the injury curse. All one has to do is read any Niner forum to see how Karma is 100% in affect . Especially when you consider the players they are almost always wishing injury on are ours and they seem to suffer the most injuries anytime they play Seattle.

Not sure how I really feel about Lanes comments. Sure I would prefer he just never said it. Keep the negative press on Deflategate but in truth I don't see where a real negative would come out of it.

Stevens comment wasn't even inflammatory. He simply said something like "they aren't going to win" then Porter took it and as a well known loud mouth trying to fire up his team, ran with it and tried to make it a big deal.

The end result was Stevens started out a little rough (like he did in many games) but settled in. Porter on the other hand was turned into Walter jones prison bitch for the day. He had zero affect in the game an instead looked like he was more worried about where Walter Jones was than what was happening on any play. Benny Hill's soundtrack plays in my head when I think about Porter in SBXL.

Lane isn't going to be relied on for catching pass's and I would bet this will actually give him more motivation to spend time in the film room to make sure he doesn't end up looking the fool. There is also a chance this was a planted statement. Maybe Pete wants NE to target Gronk. Not clear on a strategy. Maybe they will try and force it to Gronk and kind of funnel the game that way making it easier for us to defend. It worked against the Niners and Crabtree.

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":1m57sff9 said:
nolachawks":1m57sff9 said:
On ESPN, Jeremy Lane responds to question about Gronk, "I actually don't think he's that good." I guess we will be hearing about this for the next 10 days. Whether its true or not, hold those opinions in until at least after the super bowl.
He's Polish and not that fast!...

Interesting that this was let go. Can I say that Lane is black and not that smart? Thought not - I can't even correct someone's butchering of our backup QB's first name.

Can't wait for my PM. Hypocrites.

pehawk

Reaction score
Sweet thread now. Whining over "why cant I say that about a black guy" and the "Gallant says cheering for injury makes you the ant-Christ".

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
pehawk":1jnughcv said:
Sweet thread now. Whining over "why cant I say that about a black guy" and the "Gallant says cheering for injury makes you the ant-Christ".

You missed the point entirely (to nobody's surprise). I don't WANT to say that about anyone. I WANT that same respect for my heritage.

pehawk

Reaction score
Hawk Finn":i4dh4p98 said:
pehawk":i4dh4p98 said:

You missed the point entirely (to nobody's surprise). I don't WANT to say that about anyone. I WANT that same respect for my heritage.

Your point wasn't lost on me, Sweetie. I got it. I was merely narrating.

Besides, Irish aren't the butt of intellect jokes usually. No, that's......

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
pehawk":1770lgsv said:
Hawk Finn":1770lgsv said:
pehawk":1770lgsv said:

Your point wasn't lost on me, Sweetie. I got it. I was merely narrating.

Besides, Irish aren't the butt of intellect jokes usually. No, that's......

Now you're attacking my Irish heritage? And how did you know? You must be one of those Facebook stalkers

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Well Gronk responded by saying our defense is very very good and does think what Lane said could be bulletin board material.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
pehawk":36jyh1g7 said:

No, cheering for injury makes you a Ninerfan style of douchenozzle.

pehawk

Reaction score
RichNhansom":384n48m5 said:
pehawk":384n48m5 said:

What if you cheer for baby Hitler to contract polio? Yeah, that's what I thought...happy to be a douche nozzle then aren't ya?

There's a good possibility after reviewing the film the Seahawks do not believe Gronk will be any more of a factor than other prolific TE's they've faced. Sure, Gates and Witten did well, but that's only because they had QB's who excel at climbing and creating time in the pocket. TE's that line up and try to beat Seahawks defenders, mano o mano, don't fair well, do they?

I hope everyone involved in this thread twists an ankle or contracts kneecap cancer.

canfan

Reaction score
RichNhansom":38fx40b7 said:
pehawk":38fx40b7 said:

You can call somebody a mysogenist, a bigamist or any other "ist" you can think of....but a "Ninerfan". Man, that's low! :49ersmall:

Swedishhawkfan

Reaction score
BillBelichick":iy86jujj said:
morgulon1":iy86jujj said:
RolandDeschain":iy86jujj said:
Buahahaha. Lane's setting himself up to look either pretty good or pretty bad following the Super Bowl. We'll see what happens, but I admire his balls either way. They're definitely not deflated.

FUNNY. On topic of the post, hopefully Gronk will do what he does..........get injured.

I hope no one on your team gets injured and that the Pats win a hard-fought game.

^^ To be fair, we are very anti rooting for injuries on this board. Every time someone hints at it, they usually get told off by someone that we never root for anyone to get injured.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
pehawk":g4imgofm said:
There's a good possibility after reviewing the film the Seahawks do not believe Gronk will be any more of a factor than other prolific TE's they've faced. Sure, Gates and Witten did well, but that's only because they had QB's who excel at climbing and creating time in the pocket. TE's that line up and try to beat Seahawks defenders, mano o mano, don't fair well, do they?

Witten had 2 for 24 and a TD. I wouldn't say he was the reason the Cowboys won that day. That had more to do with a broken offensive game plan that revolved around a WR that was slowly quitting on the team behind the scenes and injuries derailing our defense as the game progressed than anything else. Not to mention, the Cowboys OL is far superior to any unit we faced all season.

Gates is the anomaly in our defense against tight ends this season.. and that required a cocktail of 120 degree heat and unbelievable throws and catches all day.

So I mean.. if Brady is dropping dimes like that, and Gronk is making surreal grabs.. then we can just chalk that up more so to outstanding play and not defensive inadequacy.

But I think the gist of your post is absolutely true and the reason Lane said what he said. Like I posted early, I just think Lane chose the wrong phrase to describe everything. And the media, being what they are and never one to back off of blowing up a quote before a Super Bowl, pounced all over it and here we are. I think Lane's views are probably the same views Pete, Quinn and the other 10 guys on defense will share .. if the defense does its job, Gronk won't be a decisive factor in the outcome of the game.

hawk45

Reaction score
Maybe I give lane too much credit for being able to speak English but if he meant to say that gronk is the best but we can mitigate him, it seems as though he would have been able to articulate that and we wouldn't need a blue and green decoder ring to discover his true meaning.
He got caught up trying to be Sherman without the cred and derped out. No biggie, just looks foolish or like he's whistling past the graveyard which is sort of a mission fail.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3aekpznj said:
Blitzer88":3aekpznj said:
Ugh................let's not give them any bulletin board material.

a. its the Super bowl
2. its Rob Gronkowski

not sure the patriots need "bulletin board" material

Largent hit it... some of you all are a bit soft. let Lane talk all he wants. hes the one that has to play the game.

it amazes me still that after everything these players have given the Seahawk fan base over the last 3-4 years some of you still cringe and pillow bite when they say/do things that reflect the same attitude that has brought them, and by definition all of you, so much success and joy.

grow up folks. when the whistle blows nothing, not Lanes comments, not deflated footballs, not Pete and Bills relationship, the 2012 game, the inevitable focus on "U Mad Bro" and Lynch's media day, will matter one bit in the game.

Well, the deflated footballs might if there's any connection to the Patriot's low number of fumbles.

HansGruber

Reaction score
If the patriots need bulletin board material, they've already lost.

I heard Carroll talking about swagger last night on the NFLN special about the 2013 Superbowl run. He said he wants our guys talking smack because that's what winners do. Losers doubt. Winners smack.

We aren't scared of new England. Nobody on this team is scared. Gronk should be, because the entire world knows he's the key to that offense. Brady ALWAYS throws to Gronk as his checkdown, in the red zone, and on 3rd and long. And if I've seen that tendency, don't you think the best defense in the history of the NFL will be aware of it?

I love that Lane is talking smack. I hope Gronk does get pissed, just like that nobody in NO did. He got all pissy too, right before Kam and Bwagz knocked him around so bad he started running away from contact.

All Lane needs to do is direct Gronk to the center and let Wags and Bam Bam take care of it. Dude is slow as hell and will lose the collision with a sprinting Kam, who's just as big, but a lot faster and a lot meaner.

This team is made of some dogs. They like blood. As Sherman just said yesterday, they like the taste of their own blood. They're going to fight you until they taste their own blood. Sherm said they love it when people fight back because they feed off that. Gronk should pay attention to those words.

You're not playing those timid weak DBs you got against Indy and the rest of the AFC. Not only are we going to talk smack, were going to administer it. I've never seen a TE make it through that gauntlet. I hear them talk before the game but all I hear after it is whimpers.

I ain't scared. The LOB ain't scared. These cheaters don't scare us. Just bring your gloves Patsies and prepare for the biggest fight you've seen all season. This team makes buffalo look like pussycats.

Better come ready for this brawl because my boys are hungry for blood. Even their own. That should worry some Cheatriot fans.

Largent80

Reaction score
I guess nobody here has seen the Sherman best of miked up.

All the LOB does is talk. It's like buying the "standard" Pinto if you think it means anything....it simply DOES NOT...Next topic.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
HansGruber":3g1ubxnw said:
If the patriots need bulletin board material, they've already lost.
I understand your mindset on this, but no team in the league has more players that "need bulletin board material" more than the Seahawks...And it has worked out tremendously well for us. Tons of guys with chips on their shoulders, constantly looking for material/disrespect to add extra motivation.

Basis4day

Reaction score
"Jeremy just hasn't watched film yet (Jokingly)" - Pete at his Friday presser.